• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What type of cell phone do you use?

Yes, I'm one of the few who thinks that headphone jacks are still necessary.
They are still necessary. Shame on Apple (and maybe some others, idk how many companies have gotten on board with it) for trying wean consumers off something that clearly already works as it is, just cuz they're too lazy to integrate it into their devices' design, and need to figure out some unnecessary change to justify putting out a new model of the same device. Bluetooth speakers are so prone to disconnecting because the ios has a shorter attention span than me and notices other devices they could connect to that are in range. Literally the epitome of If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

headphone jacks being removed is like something guaranteed to set me off, i feel better now :goron

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
They are still necessary. Shame on Apple (and maybe some others, idk how many companies have gotten on board with it) for trying wean consumers off something that clearly already works as it is, just cuz they're too lazy to integrate it into their devices' design, and need to figure out some unnecessary change to justify putting out a new model of the same device. Bluetooth speakers are so prone to disconnecting because the ios has a shorter attention span than me and notices other devices they could connect to that are in range. Literally the epitome of If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

headphone jacks being removed is like something guaranteed to set me off, i feel better now :goron
I'm 100% on your side. Being a musician, I can thank Apple for making FireWire, and loads of amazing sounding equipment working great for FireWire, and then, they just abandon it.

Oh no, I'm not salty at all!

:mad:

Apparently Apple has done similar with their laptops and literally any sort of jack or port, and it's not even common to find macbooks with usb ports now. I cannot fathom that at all. I felt a little bad giving up a cd drive on my pc laptop, but if I need one to rip my albums or install older software, at least I could get an external one that connects via usb, and now Mac users won't even have that option. :err:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Apparently Apple has done similar with their laptops and literally any sort of jack or port, and it's not even common to find macbooks with usb ports now. I cannot fathom that at all. I felt a little bad giving up a cd drive on my pc laptop, but if I need one to rip my albums or install older software, at least I could get an external one that connects via usb, and now Mac users won't even have that option. :err:
I think the higher ups at Apple think all humans are digital creatures, and apparently forget that we need input and output so we can interact with a machine.

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
This is going to make me seem like an old man but I use a Nokia 225. I could never get behind touch screens on phones, always preferred actual buttons/keys on my phones. Call me a luddite.
1668450668042.png

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
This is going to make me seem like an old man but I use a Nokia 225. I could never get behind touch screens on phones, always preferred actual buttons/keys on my phones. Call me a luddite.
Im same woth like online portable music...

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
View attachment 68647
My granpa has a keypad phone and I use it that whenever I go outside. I mostly ride bicycle and I fear dropping my phone. I basically use my own phone only at home and in hostel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom