• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What TV Shows Would You Bring Back from Cancellation ?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
This goes for live-action tv shows and cartoon shows.

A couple of shows I would bring back are Sym-Bionic Titan, Thundercats (2011), and Young Justice. To me each one of these shows had a lot of potential and were cut too soon and for unfair reasons. Some of these unfair reasons are not selling enough merchandise, wrong viewer base (it is a thing), and not enough viewers, which is the broadcasters fault for funky scheduling.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Where on Earth do I even begin with this thread?

1. Firefly

This show had an amazing plot and the combined genius of Joss Whedon's head and Nathan Fillion's acting made for a brilliant combination. Unfortunately, the show also had an amazing cliffhanger with a whole bunch of unresolved plots of which Serenity was barely able to scratch the surface. Two by two; hands of blue...​

2. Dollhouse

I have no idea why Joss Whedon's shows all end up being cancelled, but at least this one was sort of concluded by the time it was done. However, there were many things I wish the show could have expanded upon and feel that given enough time, would have. Plus, Eliza Dushku and Amy Acker on the same TV show. What more could anyone want?​

3. Pushing Daisies

With the superbly talented Kristin Chenoweth, whom I adore, there was certainly nothing on TV like this show when it was on and all the characters, along with their quirks, were so different to the monotony that was being offered, I couldn't help but fall in love. This show knew that it was ending and they wrapped it up as best they could but I would kill to see how Chuck and Ned's relationship would have progressed over the seasons, especially with Olive hanging around.​

4. Kyle XY

A show that was just hitting its stride as season three burst onto the scene, there were so many unanswered questions. Not to mention that cliffhanger which we may never see resolved. And then there was this song...

5. Ringer

Mystery, intrigue and Sarah Michele Gellar is what this show had going for it. An entire season of a rather convoluted plot intertwined with sub-plots that were never resolved by this show's one and only cliffhanger. There are so many things I want resolved and the only way this is going to happen is if this show comes back from the grave.​

6. The Dead Zone

The final season of this show was so bad, it was actually cancelled midway through the season and never even had a chance to wrap anything up. I would be very interested to see exactly what happened to Walt and whether or not Sarah and Johnny would have ever gotten back together. Plus, that thing going on with JJ could have grown into a very interesting plot device.​

7. Veronica Mars

With the recently released Veronica Mars movie, I have never wanted this show to come back as badly before now. On the surface, this show looks like your run-of-the-mill teen drama detective show and you'd probably be right if it weren't for for Kristen Bell. This show always manages to find a balance between its humour and its seriousness. Plus the included DVD extra of what they pitched to the network for season four looks like it would have been amazing. This show, without a doubt, needs to make a comeback.​

8. Tower Prep

This show, made by Cartoon Network, ran for 2 seasons and was then cancelled due to poor ratings. Unfortunately for me, I happened to like this show as it had just found its rhythm and the plot was plodding along rather intriguingly. Unfortunately, this show ended on a cliffhanger and it looks like CN still has no plans to resurrect this show at all.​

9. Daria

The wit and sarcasm of Daria and Jane was something I could never get enough of back when I was in high school. Throw in some good old social dysfunction and you get my favourite Western animated TV series. Even though there was a TV movie made to finish the series off, I feel that after six seasons, 75mins is not enough time to do anything justice. If MTV ever were to reboot this series like they did for Beavis and Butt-head, the show that spawned Daria, I would be more than over the moon. Until that day, I'll have to settle for my DVDs and late night reruns on MTV.​

10. Roswell

Even though I've read the books that this show was based on, to call the show a loose adaptation may be pushing it. I loved this series back in the day and the way that the show ended felt really forced. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least it ended, though I would love to get caught up in Max and Liz all over again.​

11. Cleopatra 2525

In my opinion, it was Gina Torres who made this SF show as great as it was despite her not playing the title character. This show had a very interesting plot brewing for it but unfortunately, by the time it was coming to a head, the show existed no more.​

12. Dark Angel

Man, I almost forgot this show existed until I saw misskitten's list, as it's been too long since I last watched it. Jessica Alba, Michael Weatherly and Jensen Ackles together on one amazing show about the dangers of toying with genetics. Whilst this show kind of had a conclusion to it, it did not neatly tie up all the loose ends and questions that you'd expect a show of this caliber to do.​

Last edited:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Futurama. I've already seen every episode 5-10 times, so I'd like some new ones.
Soul Eater. I'd rather watch than read.
Recess. I just love the show.
Bleach. I'd rather watch than read.

Not entirely sure if all these were cancelled or ended, but I'd like to see more either way.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Firefly - for very obvious reasons
The 4400 - because it was getting better every season and if it hadn't been for the writer's strike it would have had that season 5 and possibly more
Dollhouse - because while it concluded there were many unanswered questions
Tru Calling - mainly because it was cancelled so abruptly the story didn't even get to reach a conclusion
Dark Angel - would have loved to have seen beyond that open ending

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Roswell, Battlestar Galacta (dumping the crap ending), Caprica, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, Farscape, Firefly, Invader Zim, Star Trek: Enterprise, Eureka, Warehouse 13.

All because they were very good and they were all screwed by the network despite high ratings.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I haven't finished Firefly. I only saw the first episode and by this I mean the first as shown on netflix. I can't make a judgement :P

Torchwood. What ever happened to Rex? Is he immortal or is something else going on?
Primeval new world. They ended the first and only season with a cliffy. I know it wasn't a great show but not as bad as it was made out to be. Still that cliffy is what makes me wonder.
Primeval the original one. I thought there were many mistakes and flaws in the show but come on...give it a proper ending!!

Sonic SatAM-It may be pretty cheesy nowadays, but it's probably the best Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon ever made. But, like every other good show, it got canceled when it got replaced by One Saturday Morning on ABC. It ended on a cliffhanger, so that's why I want to see it get uncanceled.

Freakazoid-Great show, but it only lasted for two seasons due to low ratings.

Hey Arnold-Favorite NickToon of all time, but sadly, like Sonic SatAM, it ended on a cliffhanger. If the Jungle Movie was ever made, then it would've ended the show on a high note. The reason why the movie never got made was due to 1) the Hey Arnold movie didn't do very well in the box office & 2) the creator left Nickelodeon after he got screwed over by them. I'd kill for the show to return, but due to how stupid Nickelodeon is when it comes to treating good shows like crap nowadays, it won't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom