• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What TV Show Are You Watching

Misty

Ronin
I looked at the first page quickly, so this thread might already exist, but it seems like it needs a bump anyway. Anime, books, music, and movies already have one...might as well have a thread for the most excellent form of media.

Currently watching:

True Blood (I honestly loathe every fiber of myself for enjoying this show enough to watch it.)
Game of Thrones (I don't think it's as fantastic as everyone else does, but it's pretty good. Good enough I don't loathe myself.)
House of Cards (haven't started new season, I'm a bit behind.)
Sherlock (Also behind.)

I would watch a ton of stuff, but kids makes that difficult as all heck. So now I have very limited time and very limited choices.
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Game of Thrones (when kids are asleep)
  • Modern Family
  • Once Upon a Time (so cheesy but its okay anyway)
  • The League
  • Star Trek ToS and Enterprise, but I rarely have time for these two atm.
  • Twin Peaks, though I haven't finished and it's been like a year since I last watched.
What I finished in the last few years.
  • The Next Generation
  • Deep Space Nine
  • Voyager
  • Luther
  • Sherlock
  • Elementary (now behind)
  • The IT Crowd (many times)
  • Parks and Rec
  • The Office (a few times)
  • Frasier (many many times)
  • Sienfield (many many times)

Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Besides anime, I usually watch Impractical Jokers, Through the Wormhole, NOVA, Family guy, Star Trek the next generation, The Daily show, and the Nightly show.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I don't much much TV these days, I used to watch Psych on USA and Melissa & Joey on ABCfamily, both are off the air now.

Misty

Ronin
Caught myself up on Sherlock and House of Cards (thank you, Netflix.)

Sherlock Special: 8/10. I liked it a lot, but at times it felt weighted down by yelling at the camera "look how damn clever we are using Victorian Times to comment on current fashionable politics". I will continue to watch.

House of Cards Season 4: 6.5/10. Compared to the completely unpalatable third season, this one stepped the game back up to the level of seasons previous. Although much of it felt as if it'd fallen into the realm of fantasy and dumped all political realism (a huge issue with season 3), I'm also living in a country where a reality television star and previous first lady are locking heads for president...so maybe it's actually quite gritty? I will continue to watch which I didn't imagine after season 3.

Finished True Blood. Before I rate it, I need to make clear I am not holding it to anywhere near the same standard as the two above it. My expectations for this show were very low and I did not expect to learn anything from it. It was meant to be for pure enjoyment and hot guys. On the pure enjoyment scale, it is a 7/10. On the hot guys scale it is 10/10. As for trying to hold it to a properly critical scale, it's pretty ****e. The world building and characters with the exception of the female lead are all surprisingly well drawn and compelling for what I expected. Problematically, the writers just kept adding people, having no idea how to create an overall plot and no clue how to focus on particular characters really destroyed them for much of the show. Thematically, the only thing it has going for it is a sometimes interesting exploration of bigotry...that was actually quite well done for the material it was working with. But a hand-cletching female lead and plot lines that never seem to add up or be particularly compelling keeps this from being anything besides a 4.5/10.

Started:

Young Justice. So far I highly recommend it for those who loved Justice League or any of the Animated series as much as I did.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I finished Vikings a week or two ago. There are more seasons being made but that's it for the moment. Very much enjoyed it 9/10.

Now I have started Fargo. I watched a few episodes of the first season when it aired and loved it, but I probably went away or something and never got back to it. Until now. There are three seasons out now I think and I imagine will get through them quickly.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Last night I started watching Silicon Valley after having it recommended to me by a trustworthy friend. The first episode seemed promising so I shall watch more later.

Misty

Ronin
Finished: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Highly enjoyable, not really a bad episode in ten seasons, earlier seasons are often better, but that's largely due to feeling fresher. I look forward to more from these comedy renegades.

Season 7 GoT: Finished it. Other than the final three episodes, it was garbage. Those final three were whelming, but palatable enough for me to continue watching.

Still Watching: Young Justice. Still excellent, just got caught up in other things.

D

Deleted member 81859

I just binged all of Voltron: Legendary Defender.

I don't know how to get my life back.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I finished: shadowhunters. it was okay but the acting is terrible. Especially the main actress. She better keep it up or the show is doomed. 4/10
Stranger Things: amazing. Winona Ryder is FAN-MAZING-TASTIC in this show. The whole cast was great and the show deserves a sec season. 10/10.

Reactions: Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom