• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Themes Would You Like to See?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
What themes would you like to see return in Skyward Sword? I am almost positive we will be seeing Forest, Fire and Water return, but others like Desert, Darkness, Sky, and pehaps other new ones?

I would like the Cloud, Time, Magma, and Ice theme to return. I would also like a theme I call Space. Time and Space need to be together, one could not exist without the other and both are required for anything else to exist. I do not want to see Forest, Rock, Fire, Water, Darkness, or Spirit.

L

lemsklex

I'd really like to see:
Ice/Snow
Swamp
Night and Day
Spirit

guy

Junior Junior Member
rainbows and fluffy kittens!!!!!

what i'd really want is some actual dungeons, like with out themes and such, maybe only like 1 or 2 because i like the basic forest fire water thing they have. ( eccept for the water.)

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Well, these are the themes I would really like to see:

Sky/Cloud/Whatever
Fire
Ice

Probably some themed dungeons like that for sure, and as for the rest, I really don't care much. Forest is one of my least favorite themes, but enjoyable nonetheless. I really don't care much what kind of themes are in the game as long as the 3 I mentioned are included.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Somewhere were there is ALWAYS low visibilty, Volcano, Cloud, Light/Spirit, Dense Forest, Shore/Beachy area.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I really hope they deviate from the predictable forest, fire, water that most Zelda games follow. From the trailer, we saw brief glimpses of a possible fire temple, but it could have been just a cave or something. I want something fresh and unexpected. I like wind temples and ice temples and I like sand/stone temples like Stone Tower, Arbiter's Grounds or the Spirit Temple. I hope for mostly new themes though (although it might be hard to think up). Maybe we might not even see "elements" since this game is supposed to mix up the traditional Zelda formula.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Something I would like to see return for SS would be the Lost Woods, similar to OOT's. I miss having to listen for the music at the begenning of each tunnel to make my way through the woods. I wish they would bring that music back it would be nostalgic.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I love the idea of the Shadow/Darkness as a dungeon and would love to see it return. It's not something that you see a lot in the games but it's a really interesting theme that you can do a lot with.
Perhaps a dungeon that toys with the idea of illusions or (as I saw someone make in another topic not too long ago) expand on the idea of OoT's Forest Temple's Twisted Hallway. That would be a neat thing to do - although MM's Stone Tower was kinda like that.
And I also hope for the return of the Forest/Fire/Water as the first 3 dungeons/temples in the game. After that I hope they deviate a bit from the norm.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I'd like Forest, Swamp, and Death/Darkness. Preferably some sort of combination of the three, like a swamp dense with trees that block most of the sunlight, and corpses coming out of the water to attack you or something. As for the dungeons, I'd like some of them to not really have a "theme" but feel more like a traditional dungeon. I'd really like all of the dungeons to be dark.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Graveyard Crypt theme (area + dungeon)
Beach Cavern theme (area + dungeon)
Dark Well theme (dungeon)
Snowy Village theme (area)
Cursed Island theme (area)
and a Jungle Mountain theme (area + dungeon)

i guess you could combined the stand alone areas and dungeons to make a snowy village with a dark well or something... but you get the idea. I really want to see some new themes, or if they would just improve on some of the themes they have already used, like the snowy villages in MM and ST which weren'y very cool, then I would be really excited. I find they always have really good ideas but sometimes they don't follow up on them you know? areas become empty after you scour them for treasures and then there is no reason to return to that village... I'm one of those gamers who likes to backtrack alot becuase It makes previous locations relevant again when you have to keep going back to check up on something or make a delivery.

Austin

Austin
Forest
Water
Fire
Shadow/Graveyard/General creepy area
Mechanical

Although no fire or forest dungeon has ever been my favorite, I'd feel like something was missing if they weren't included somewhere in the game. I want water for the same reason and because those are some of my favorite dungeons in the series. When I say shadow/graveyard, I'm referring to something that'll be similar to the Shadow Temple in OoT. I remember when I set out to beat OoT for the first time, the Shadow Temple was so intimidating that I had to stop midway through the dungeon and stay away from the game for a few days. As weird as it may sound, I miss that feeling. With every other Zelda game I've known that I could get through it eventually, but the Shadow Temple made me question myself. Enough of that tangent.

A mechanical themed dungeon may sound odd, and I don't really expect to see one, but I think it'd be a cool area to explore. Imagine the gears and machinery from the Great Bay Temple and Lakebed Temple without the water. That's kind of what I'm hinting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom