• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Theme Do You Use?

Preferred THeme?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZD Brown

• Pokemon Dungeon

• Darksiders Dungeon

• Mobile

• Total voters

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I used to use ZD Brown. But I really love blue. Darksiders Dungeon is the theme I've been using the past few months.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I usually use the Darksiders Dungeon layout. It has the nice dark background that I like so my eyes aren't murdered by brightness while browsing at night, AND it has the link to the front page of Zelda Dungeon that I like. The ZD Brown and GenGame layouts only have a link to the main section of the forums, and I don't like that. I like being able to go to ZD's front page to check out news and access the ZD Wiki without having to type in the address for myself. And, as I said, the default ZD and PD styles have backgrounds that are too lightly colored for my eyes. I'm often looking at my iPad in the dark at night, and the whiteness hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. The darker colors help prevent that.

Occasionally I am forced switch to the other two layouts because the forum glitches fairly often and causes the tabs at the top to be underlayed behind the main forum posts. ...If that made any sense. And it usually doesn't fix itself unless I switch layouts for a while.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Default. Is light, easy to read, simple. Not a fan of darker themes, and definitely not a fan of over-designed websites. :P deefoolt

Fig

The Altruist
Before the implementation of the new ZD Green, I have always used ZD Default every time I log into the forums. Occasionally, I would transfer in and out from different themes to see how other members view the forum. I always wanted to use a dark layout but I am still not used to ZD Brown and that will take a while before I fully use it as my theme. Thanks to Kitsu, I am gladly switching over to ZD Green! It's not so dark, it's new, and most importantly, looks like an actual Zelda theme! Thanks Kit! ^^

Bell Pepper said:
ZD Green's the best theme for me. It's more fitting concerning this is a Zelda forum.

Why Kitkat (Kitsu), Indium (Djinn), myself, and several others have been pressing for a green forum theme for quite a long time. I'm glad Lawrencium (Locke) took the time to configure the stylevars that Kitkat had organized to make this green theme happen. It's still a little buggy, and some stylevars appear to have been skipped over, but they'll hopefully get fixed in time. I actually hope to aid in improving this theme in Kitkat's absence, if at all possible. Kitkat's goal with this theme was to capture the natural tones and environment of forest temples as well as their mossy and weathered stony backdrop. He also aimed to keep it mid-toned, so that it would appeal to both light/dark theme preferences.

I'm going to use the Earthy forum skin for the time being, as well. And I hope the freshness of the theme will hepl lift the spirits of the community as the atmosphere has been very negative for the past several months. Plus, special maiamai promotion, haha. I'm going continue using BluePearl Brown on my phone, though. It's too much a hassle to change themes, and since I don't know Earthy Green's styleid, I'm just not going to worry about it. =/

Jedizora

:right:
I'm also using the green skin from now on. According to the site history, the current default has been around for 2 1/2 years, so it's nice to have a change of pace.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Tried ZD Green out for a little while and I quite like it, but gone back to default. Just find it easier to read and don't need to whack my glasses on. :P

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Until literally this week I always used default because I didn't like the others but then because of the maiomai challenge I switched to ZD-green. But I really like it and think I'm gonna stick with it because it's comfortable on my eyes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom