• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What the HELL was Nintendo thinking?!

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
seriously I was in the Best buy site looking for a game for my wii and then BAM I stopped with some crap like "My littliest Pet shop", "Dora saves the snow princess", "Petz horses", "Pedy paws spa", "Disney sing it"(and all that Hannah Montana and HSM crap etc), "High School Musical 3 DANCE!"(?????). and I was like "WHAT THE HELL?!" what was Nintendo thining when let a bunch of retards in crack make all this games for their 2nd best console (my opinion is that N64 was the 1st), is the same with the games for Nintendo DS. But overall the wii wins with the most crappy games out, I know maybe you're thinking "BUT THOSE ARE LITTLE KIDS GAMES!!!!!" I now but is not nessesary to make GAZILLIONS of them there are like 25 maybe 26 good games that I can play because they say that there's good games lie "No more heroes" but it's rated "M" so I can't play but most of the games that i can play are REALLY crappy ughhh. So what you think about this? plz tell me.

I'm not really sure why this surprises you. Nintendo has always been more geared towards younger kids. X-Box and PS are more geared towards the older, more mature crowd.

A lot of kids are playing games now and Nintendo is being SMART about it by making games that appeal to younger kids. They are making money off of it. That's the point.

the name of the game is making money, and expanding the fan-base. The way to do both of those things is to make games for all ages. Today, more young kids are playing video games than older people. This is especially the case for the Wii. Most parents don't want to buy their kids a gaming system, but they see that the Wii controllers help their kids move around. This is why they feel justified in buying a Wii, so they need a ton of kid-appropriate games to play.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
I have to say there are little kid games for little kids but they do make A LOT of them now. I like my good old Action games not some learning game. Zelda can't end up like Mario Preschool (yeah there is a game about that). I honestly think that at least 60% of the games should be for older people. Who sees young kids beating games that quick anyway? It is no tlike they beat one game and buy another.

R

ResidentZelda

Speaking of the PSP... I have a slim silver Daxter edition.. I have more fun with my DS right now but Im playing GBA games on it.

I do agree that the DS has many games more then the PSP but none of them interest me. It does seem that the PSP has more games that seem a bit more interesting but they are so hard for me to find. And buying online is something my parents dont really like to do.

I never played any Atari consoles really but if you do look up the games list.. all consoles had games that were cheap or meh. The PS2 might be the best selling console but it has lots of pointless games to.

I just wish Nintendo didnt get so many of them.. it makes it hard to go through the list and find the really good games ><

haha You are right! XD My DS collection is about 10, 12 games lol XD

D

Deku Scrub

I don't know why anybody'd make such a big deal about this kinda thing. It's obviously all about the money, and of all of the games for Wii, there's still a bunch of good games. The convenient thing is, Nintendo's real, true games may not be dominant compared to all the cheap, girly, stupid, and crappy games, but each of Nintendo's games has a longer span of playtime, and the games are usually good enough so that we can continue to play them over and over again (Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes to mind) until another decent game is out. And with the addition of the VC, we can play all of the great oldies too.

I really don't like that they're letting all these people make boring, cruddy, cheap games either...but we've got enough to go on.

C

colonialman456

Finally!!!! SOme people that agree with me. I long have hated Nintendo for what they are making. I mean cum on?! WTF!! I think that they are really making fun of Zelda and all of the other good Nintendo games by making these gay games..........
I feel your pain...

Finally!!!! SOme people that agree with me. I long have hated Nintendo for what they are making. I mean cum on?! WTF!! I think that they are really making fun of Zelda and all of the other good Nintendo games by making these gay games..........
I feel your pain...

Well, Nintendo doesn't make those games you know. They don't make every single title available for Wii. Most of the games they make are great, it's just the third part developers making all of the "junk", and even then many of the third party games are pretty good. It's getting kind of old, but I'll say it again: All of the junk games are a sign of a healthy system. Remember how the PS2 was the obvious winner of the last generation? It had many junk games as well, just like the Wii does now. Does that mean all of the PS2 games were horrible? Of course not. The same thing applies to Wii. Junk titles are actually a very good thing for a system. It means it's winning the current generation. :)

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
There is one thing I believe about this. It's better then the other way. I mean all those 7 year old Grand Theft Auto players on a bigger scale (uuuugghhhh) and it's part of an audience thing kids buy it make kid games if 80 year old men buy it make 80 year old man games.

But the true answer always leads to money

Oh these games. Nintendo really just wants money and figures they can make easy money off of edutainment for kids under the age of five. Soon those kids will learn that Dora isn't a real video game.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
*Sorry if I repeat anything and sorry to revive an old thread, I don't have time to scroll through 5 pages of replies right now xD also excuse me because my faith in nintendo is pretty down atm*

I agree with you totally. The other day I was in Asda, and there was this thing going around on the speakers, advertising various games. For PS3 it was a pretty epic sounding fantasy game, for Xbox 360 it was a cool sounding FPS... for ds it was "Puzzleworld" or something. Okay... that's just about passable... but for Wii it was some Disney Hannah Montana singalong game. I facepalmed so hard surrounding people stared at me looking concerned.

I don't mind games aimed at the younger audience... but the market's just flooded now. If anymore crap gets made it's going to be the Video Game Crash of '83 all over again. But that probably won't happen because the sad thing is, people buy this crap. Young children like it.

Stupid sony fanboys used to tease me when I was younger, saying nintendo made "baby games". But now, actually, I have to agree with them. They as good as make them anyway, letting everybody make crap for the wii. The good games are being buried in the middle of a mediocre sea...

It's just all about the money, isn't it. :c

L

Link of Hyrule

Your right

half the games on the shelves anymore are little kid stuff. I mean ya they should have SOME little kid games but not just one T game and one M game out of fifty on a shelf. THEY HAD SOME BIG OLD FANCHISE AND THEY SCREWED IT UP! One time I went the store with my mom and at least ten on the games were barbie seven go diago go and one BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Yeah there are alot of little kid games. Alot of family friendly games with the wii. Which I think is great. But there are little kids out there who think those are the best games ever.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
half the games on the shelves anymore are little kid stuff. I mean ya they should have SOME little kid games but not just one T game and one M game out of fifty on a shelf. THEY HAD SOME BIG OLD FANCHISE AND THEY SCREWED IT UP! One time I went the store with my mom and at least ten on the games were barbie seven go diago go and one BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't buy them.

People act like this is a new trend. This has gone on since Atari. Part of being a gamer is wading through all the crap to find the good games. If that bothers you, find a new hobby.

People act like this is a new trend. This has gone on since Atari. Part of being a gamer is wading through all the crap to find the good games. If that bothers you, find a new hobby.
That about sums it up. After reading through a lot of the posts in this thread, they seemed all very similar. There is nothing wrong with "Nintendo's thinking", they are just trying to make money. Name a console that doesn't have any of these "kid games" you are all crying about... I will say that the marketing of games for a younger audience is a lot higher now.

That about sums it up. After reading through a lot of the posts in this thread, they seemed all very similar. There is nothing wrong with "Nintendo's thinking", they are just trying to make money. Name a console that doesn't have any of these "kid games" you are all crying about... I will say that the marketing of games for a younger audience is a lot higher now.

Bravo.

I would also like to point out that the ones ragging on Nintendo just because they have a bunch of junk for their system obviously don't think before they type. I've said this so many times that it's no even funny: Nintendo doesn't MAKE the games. I'll say it again: Nintendo doesn't MAKE the games. Other developers make them FOR the Wii system in hopes of making money, and it's not Nintendo's fault in the slightest. The PS2 had the exact same crap on it back when it was number one all those years ago too; like Mike said, this is nothing new at all.

So please people, think. Nintendo doesn't make any of it, therefor there's no blame to be put on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom