• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What the HELL was Nintendo thinking?!

Ver-go-a-go-go has basically summed up a correct answer for the thread. Congrats, this thread is now pointless.

I'll repeat him just to make sure it's clear: "Nintendo doesn't make the games."

N

Notorious NATE

As long as Nintendo continues to release first party games like Mario and Zelda, I'll still continue to be a strong supporter.

Unfortunately it seems like Nintendo is slipping away slowly from the first party Nintendo we knew and love back in the '90's with the SNES and the N64.

As long as Nintendo continues to release first party games like Mario and Zelda, I'll still continue to be a strong supporter.

Unfortunately it seems like Nintendo is slipping away slowly from the first party Nintendo we knew and love back in the '90's with the SNES and the N64.

Those aren't what we're talking about (suckish though they may be)

We're "talking" (more like repeating each other) about the edutainment "games" like Dora.

I'll be honest and say I have no idea why people think that. Do recent first party titles really suck so bad in the eyes of old time fans that they just cannot accept them? Is it that they long for 2D so much that anything that was 2D and now is 3D cannot possibly be better? Or is it just that nostalgia is so strong that it blinds them from really trying to appreciate recent games? I just have a hard time understanding hoe Nintendo supposedly gets worse over time when their first part games continue to get stellar rankings that improve with each installment.

N

Notorious NATE

I'll be honest and say I have no idea why people think that. Do recent first party titles really suck so bad in the eyes of old time fans that they just cannot accept them? Is it that they long for 2D so much that anything that was 2D and now is 3D cannot possibly be better? Or is it just that nostalgia is so strong that it blinds them from really trying to appreciate recent games? I just have a hard time understanding hoe Nintendo supposedly gets worse over time when their first part games continue to get stellar rankings that improve with each installment.

I don't know, I just think the N64 had better first party games. Some of them are my favorite games of all time. I think Super Mario 64 tops the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom