• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What the HELL was Nintendo thinking?!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's a way to make sure Nintendo has games for every audience... I don't blame them, it's the best move to do, Nintendo has games that go from Resident Evil to Zelda, to Metroid, to Okami, to Barbie goes wherever she wants, etc... This way, they make everyone happy(even though little girls have way TOO many games to chose from)

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I said "Let those ****** in crack make those games for their systems" I never said that nintendo made those games

You weren't even born yet when Nintendo had a near tyrannical grip on what games came out on their systems. Back with the NES every company was given a certain amount of licenses to produce games for the NES. This was done to keep away the problems that led to the industry falling apart prior to the NES, a severe overflow of games that nearly destroyed the console market.

People criticized (and in some cases sued) Nintendo for this strict control and they started loosening up gradually. They are were they are now in terms of game flow because of this.

Also if anyone brings up the myth of the "Nintendo Seal of Quality". That never guaranteed game quality, just that a game would work on the NES.

Last edited:
C

Caleb, Of Asui

The other companies, who don't like to put effort into making games, like the Wii and think more people will buy their game because it's on the Wii. I hate to see a clutter of Wii games with only 2 or 3 that are remotely good. At least most of them that are remotely good are pretty darn good, like Brawl and Twilight Princess. I really wish that Nintendo would make more of their own games, though. We still need to see a Kirby, StarFox, F-Zero, and Pikmin game for the Wii. If they were to revive the Kid Icarus series on Wii or make another EarthBound game, that would also be nice.

All these little girl games are ridiculous, though. Even if the Wii has choices for everyone, it has too many choices for 5-year-old girls who aren't even old enough to have to make decisions out of huge numbers of things. XP

Luckily, I have probably 20 Wii games and over half of them are pretty good. I fear that I may own every good Wii game out there.:S

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
The problem is that it takes awhile to make very good games but little time to make the weak crap that most 3rd parties have made. It seems a lot of developers were taken by surprise by the Wii's success and most had their horses on the 360 or PS3 so most of them resorted to trying to make quick cash-ins.

Things are shifting a bit though. There are going to be a good flow of good 3rd party games coming out and the Wii even took Dragon Quest X, which if you don't know anything about Japan and their DQ fetish is a pretty big deal. Personally I can't wait for Madworld.

Z

ZeroJinKui

yeah, im not too fond of the games either... really, the only wii game i have is super smash bros. brawl... but of course since its dual-layered and the wii seems to have a harder time reading those, it kinda damaged the disc a tiny bit, enough to present me with a "disc read error"... so now i basically have NO wii games.

all i use my wii for now is playing VC games... i have a slightly different taste in games than most people i guess, i dont care much for games like 'no more heroes' and stuff, they dont interest me, i kinda like games like 'harvest moon' and 'animal crossing', but those are atleast playable for all ages as long as you arent closed-minded, the truly childish games are a bit... sickening.

i fear for zelda's future, what if they turn it into a childish thing too, making link fight with plastic swords that resemble baby bottles and no more harmlessly nude characters like princess ruto or midna?

What I hate is seeing these games take the top ten games on wii/DS for a few weeks, its disgusting. I dont want another video game crash of '83. At least nintendo pumps out some good games but they need do something about this. This is the reason why many hardcore nintendo fans feel cheated and start going for other systems.

3rd party companies (I hope) should see a decline in the selling of these games. But the problem is Most people who have a wii have a mom like mine who wouldent know a good game if it bites her in the rear end(though she is getting better, she called my games story games XD).

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
yeah, im not too fond of the games either... really, the only wii game i have is super smash bros. brawl... but of course since its dual-layered and the wii seems to have a harder time reading those, it kinda damaged the disc a tiny bit, enough to present me with a "disc read error"... so now i basically have NO wii games.

all i use my wii for now is playing VC games... i have a slightly different taste in games than most people i guess, i dont care much for games like 'no more heroes' and stuff, they dont interest me, i kinda like games like 'harvest moon' and 'animal crossing', but those are atleast playable for all ages as long as you arent closed-minded, the truly childish games are a bit... sickening.

i fear for zelda's future, what if they turn it into a childish thing too, making link fight with plastic swords that resemble baby bottles and no more harmlessly nude characters like princess ruto or midna?

I think you need to get a grip and maybe a clue. I get really sick of "core" gamers who think stupid crap like that is going to happen. Grow up.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont think Link will ever fight with a plastic sword. Really. That idea is just silly ><

Yea um this isnt about nintenod kidieing up there games, they really dont do that, and with Loz every game seems to get more and more mature feeling to it, I doubt that will happon.

Kazumi

chagy
This makes me furious. I look in the Scholastic Book Order from school, and guess what I find? ALL OF THESE STUPID GAMES! You would swear that they make some JUST for it. Like, "Dora Saves the Snow Princess", was a half hour long Christmas special! (I saw it on the t.v. guide) So how can they make a game out of it!?:mad:

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
So how can they make a game out of it!?:mad:

4217452373de5.jpg
[/URL]

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
This makes me furious. I look in the Scholastic Book Order from school, and guess what I find? ALL OF THESE STUPID GAMES! You would swear that they make some JUST for it. Like, "Dora Saves the Snow Princess", was a half hour long Christmas special! (I saw it on the t.v. guide) So how can they make a game out of it!?:mad:

If they can extrapolate games out of commercials (Yo! Noid, Spot, Chester Cheetah) they can do it off a 30 minute Christmas special.

And lots and lots of that.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Ok. So what? Sure. more then half of the Wiis games are cheaper 10 doller budget games that 8 year olds can play

At least there are good games on the console. We can avoid all the bad ones ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom