• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What the Heck is a Final Fantasy?

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Final Fantasy is a VERY well known game series. Like, if you don't know what it is you are not MLG.

Lately, Final Fantasy has taken a turn for the - Why is Lightning pole dancing? Yeah, in FF13:LR, Lightning pole dances. FINEL FENTASSY

So, how can the Final Fantasy series be fixed? What are some things you'd like to see out of FF15?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Trog.
--------
Final Fantasy as a series cannot be fixed. Yasumi Matsuno is gone. Sakaguchi is gone. The original talent pretty much is gone. All that is left is a few old friends in advising positions, and mere emulations in the directors spots.

Final Fantasy XV promises to be more real time action, akin to Crisis Core, Type 0, and Kingdom Hearts. What I'd like to see out of it is another gripping story akin to FF6. :)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I played Crystal Chronicles and loved it to death. Also played Crystal Bearers, and it was interesting to see that world in the future. No other game I've played has technologically advanced for its sequel. If Fire Emblem did it...I would go wtf. It wouldn't be FE anymore to me, but I do admit that I'd be interested in seeing how the shapeshifting laguz race would advance, considering they don't use weapons in the first place, but turn into birds and beasts and dragons and fight in their animal forms. If someone's shooting at them with a gun, how would they fight back and what technology would they use...

But anyway. I haven't played much of Final Fantasy other than that. My friend watched Advent Children and I'm somewhat familiar with the characters and story of it. Sounds like it IS going downhill from what you guys have said though...

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
1. get a men in black memory eraser thing and set it to six months after FFIX was released (sorry, i though ff x was an absolute turd)
2. erase everyone at squeenix's memory
3. let the devs go from there

Jedizora

:right:
I'd personally like to see a return of the older FF titles, and have it more medieval fantasy, rather then the more modern ones they've had recently. I mean, don't get me wrong, all the newer ones are great. FF XIII got a lot of criticism, some very well deserved. But it was still a very fun game, if very linear. Doesn't deserve half the criticism it gets. It would be nice to go back to a more open world type of thing, though.

Hanyou

didn't build that
What I'm looking for out of a Final Fantasy game is charm. My favorite titles--FF4, FF6, and FF9--have it in spades.

But the fact is that it's always been hard to define what the series was. It had a trajectory until FF10, and after that, any semblance of logical progression between entries vanished. However, the fact is the series often changed.

I'm sure many Final Fantasy fans don't want the classic charm, but I am no fan. When I hear the words "Final Fantasy," instead of thinking of the games I love in the series (and yes, I LOVE those three games), I think of buckles, zippers characters with bland facial expressions, nonsensical plots, and bad voice acting. The fact is, I think the series is a lost cause.

If they released another back-to-basics entry like FF9, it'd be wonderful. But the fact is, they're doing that kind of thing with other series like Bravely Default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom