• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What the 2011 Traiiler SHOULD Look Like!

So I noticed they toned the color down in the new trailer and the resolution of the trailer is pretty bad, giving a bad impression of what the game will actually look like when it's released. I personally am going to turn the color saturation up on my TV a bit so I can have my vivid colors.
I also have Wii component cables so all my Wii games are much more crisp running at 480p instead of 480i, it really makes a difference, so if you want less blurry Wii graphics get Rocket Fish Wii Component Cables!
I edited the trailer screenshots as best as I could given the poor quality, but I wanted to show you guys a few comparisons of how the trailer looked and how the actual game will look once its in your hands. The Wii will give a much nicer picture then my edited photos, I'm just trying to get a closer comparison to the final product.

Trailer Screenshot
View attachment 10201

Fixed
z1-.jpg

Trailer Screenshot
z3.jpg

Fixed
z3-.jpg

Screenshot
z5.jpg

Fixed
z5-.jpg

Do you guy prefer the toned down colors or the vivid colors?
Who's going to use component cables?

I prefer the toned down colors. But if the colors are too bright when it comes out, I'll probably just turn down the saturation a little bit.
I will be using component cables for sure, because I want this game to look as nice as possible. I just can't wait for Nintendo to release a higher quality trailer. Reggie did say they would be putting some more stuff out there in the next few weeks, so maybe that's on the list.

I definitely prefer the colorful ones, it would be a shame to ditch the E3 demo's beautiful colors.
The thing is, I think the trailer was actually supposed to be more colorful. It's just the trailer's bad quality, blurryness and the fact that it's not
even direct-feed that make it look all washed out. Japanese trailers also tend to look much less colorful compared to the actual gameplay and other trailers.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
None of the media shown at GDC from Nintendo's Keynote was made available to the press as separate files, so the only trailer out there is grabbed from the live stream of Iwata's address. This is why it appears to be washed out and a bit more blurry. Even GameTrailers.com, who will put up newer, better formats as they become available only have the one copy of the trailer and it's marked as "Stream". They previously had trailers of this fashion from E3 coverage, (not just of Zelda, but games from all 3 main systems) and updated them to high-quality versions as they became available.

So, I would wager that nothing's been changed in terms of the brightness or video quality in the game, and it will have the same quality as the previous footage we've seen and that of the E3 demo. It does amuse me to see people worry about the toned-down palette of this poorer-quality trailer though as so many wanted a more muted style based on the E3 footage.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I definitely like the vivid colors; it gives everything a bit more life, in my opinion.
And you did a really good job! I can see a lot more details from your edited photos :)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Like Yonatesf and basement24 said the color of the game may not be toned down like we think in fact if you look at the very first shot of Link in the new trailer it appears that the graphics may still be of the the same vivdness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom