• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Systems Do You Most Connect With?

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
We all have consoles and systems that we identify ourselves with. Some grew up with SNES (like myself) and find themselves playing more games from that genre of games than with most other consoles out there. So tell me, what consoles do you most identify with?

Pour moi:

Console: Super Nintendo (with NES taking second place)
Handheld: Gameboy (with Gameboy Advance taking second place)

Edit: For those interested, here is a list of all video game consoles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles

Last edited:
G

garomaster

Well I do associate myself with the Nintendo 64 since It was the console most associated with my generation, but I also found myself enjoying alot of the 16 bit game systems such as the Genesis, Turbo Grafx and the SNES

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Consoles: Nintendo 64, GameCube; Sony PlayStation 2 & 3
Handhelds: Game Boy Advance, PlayStation Portable

Nintendo 64
The N64 is only one reason to have a system. Yes, I mean owning the 64 with no games at all. Sure enough, all you'll be doing is staring at that funny system, but it is amazing! Anyway, So many great games appeared on that system, including Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Turok Rage Wars...I could go on! Many Nintendo 64 games are far more playable – and bearable – than many of these modern games out there. Better physics, better music, better gameplay. Of course, in my opinion anyway. The N64 is just great, not the perfect system around but far better than many others in my opinion.

GameCube
Smash Bros Melee and Soul Calibur 2; Wind Waker and Twilight Princess; REmake and Resident Evil 4...alike the 64, the GC has brought many great games to the table, which indeed are far more playable than most modern games today. The games were longer than their 64 counterparts, and had more depth (just compare SSBM with SSB64!). Physics were improved, as were graphics. But the thing is, graphics weren't the main part of the GameCube, so the quality persevered! Amazing, no?

PlayStation 2
The PS2 was known as being the turn of the 21st century in gaming. Really, with the FF8 tech demo and what not, who COULDN'T just bawl because of the graphics? That's not all though, the PS2 also delivered some of the best RPGs in history: Final Fantasy X, XII, Star Ocean 3...gosh. If anything, I turn to the PS2 for a great RPG, no other system can compare.

PlayStation 3
Graphics. Graphics. Graphics. The PS3 is lauded for its amazing graphics. Sure, the quality of the games has degraded since the era of PS2GC, but each modern game still has a certain quality to it taht makes me want to keep that game, even if I hate it. Soul Calibur 4, Star Ocean 4, Gran Turismo 5...thye may not be the best of their respective series, but they're still good games.

Game Boy Advance
From allowing me to play my GB/C games and to bringing even more to the table, there's absolutely no reason why I SHOULDN'T be in love with the GBA. Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, FE7, Zelda Minish Cap, Tekken Advance...I could keep going.

PlayStation Portable
There's only one reason why I'm connected to the PSP. That reason is none other than Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Best game on the PSP in my opinion.

Last edited:

Farore

Goddess of Courage
Consoles: N64, Wii, Xbox360, PS2
Handheld: Gameboy Advance

N64 -
Probably the first system i TRULY got in touch with. Every single day I would find myself playing for hours on end, whether it be Oot or perhaps a little Banjo Kazooie. The games were so fantastic! When I was in middle school....(or elementary?) my parents would reward my excellent grades with a brand new N64 game! I ended up having about...a gazillion or so games in the end. Despite my most-nearly-perfect life due to the N64, it was recently ended when my house was broken into. It was rather strange that my room was the only room that was infiltrated...anyways, I bought another one and I'm still trying to re-buy the games x]

PS2 -
This game station was one of the main systems that I weekly played for certain game series (as many other I can assume). Final Fantasy was one of my "I'll play this when I'm stuck on another game" kind of series. I was usually occupied with the *new* series of .Hack GU. I was absolutely addicted to those 3 games! I recently finished all of the games, so I find myself just roaming around the areas fighting monsters for kicks. Dark Cloud was another game I enjoyed, but definitely not as much as .Hack. I would say that the reason I played the PS2 was strictly for the .Hack series.

Xbox360 -
I am sort-of new to this console, but I really do enjoy the different variety of games. Though they might not be similar to the Wii titles, there are a few games that are fun to play when I find myself frustrated or wanting to DESTROY EVERYONE. For this, I play Call of Duty and Halo. I will sometimes be up all night just trying to reach a level ending in either a 5 or 0 so I won't look like a noob and that I actually TRY to level up. I am looking forward to some upcoming titles within the same genre.

Wii -
I really like the Wii games because they are more 'vivid' than most other console games. They are the type of games that I find to be stress-relieving. They have easy games and there plenty to choose from. AND, I like it because it produces Zelda titles. Duh.

GBA -
Of course I grew up with the Gameboy Color, but the Gameboy Advanced was my favorite handheld console of all time. I believe the first game that I got on the GBA was this odd-ball game called Lady Sia. I kept getting frustrated because I could never manage to jump on the head of the Lava Monster Boss (forgot the name), so I ended up setting it on the shelf and never touched it again due to sheer frustration. The Pokemon games were the bomb.com and I played those things like 24/7. Another one of my personal favorites was Yoshi's Island. It was a fairly simple game but not the easiest that's for sure :]

My console is the N64,even if the gamecube and the Wii are better consoles I see me with the N64,probably because it was my very first console.I think the N64 had the most good games than every consoles: Ocarina of time,Majora Mask,Super Mario 64,Donkey Kong 64,Goldeneye 007,Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2,Paper Mario,Banjo Kazooie and many more.

If I have to choose an handheld console I'd say the DS lite.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
The Nintendo 64 is somehow involved with, like, 99% of my childhood memories and I still play it a lot today. Obviously it's the console I most associate with. No questions here.

The handheld is a bit more tricky to figure out. My first handheld was a Gameboy color but I (sorta) hated it because it was so hard to see the screen. Nonetheless, I had fun playing with my Gameboy. I had a Gameboy advance, too, but that wasn't much better in my opinion because I had to change the batteries so often. The GB Advance SP was the best because it had a back light AND the system was rechargeable! I'm going to go with Gameboy Advance SP for the handheld I most associate with even though I've had a Gameboy color and Gameboy Advance for a longer time.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Consoles: N64, Wii, Xbox360, PS2
Handheld: Gameboy Advance

N64 -
Probably the first system i TRULY got in touch with. Every single day I would find myself playing for hours on end, whether it be Oot or perhaps a little Banjo Kazooie. The games were so fantastic! When I was in middle school....(or elementary?) my parents would reward my excellent grades with a brand new N64 game! I ended up having about...a gazillion or so games in the end. Despite my most-nearly-perfect life due to the N64, it was recently ended when my house was broken into. It was rather strange that my room was the only room that was infiltrated...anyways, I bought another one and I'm still trying to re-buy the games x]

PS2 -
This game station was one of the main systems that I weekly played for certain game series (as many other I can assume). Final Fantasy was one of my "I'll play this when I'm stuck on another game" kind of series. I was usually occupied with the *new* series of .Hack GU. I was absolutely addicted to those 3 games! I recently finished all of the games, so I find myself just roaming around the areas fighting monsters for kicks. Dark Cloud was another game I enjoyed, but definitely not as much as .Hack. I would say that the reason I played the PS2 was strictly for the .Hack series.

Xbox360 -
I am sort-of new to this console, but I really do enjoy the different variety of games. Though they might not be similar to the Wii titles, there are a few games that are fun to play when I find myself frustrated or wanting to DESTROY EVERYONE. For this, I play Call of Duty and Halo. I will sometimes be up all night just trying to reach a level ending in either a 5 or 0 so I won't look like a noob and that I actually TRY to level up. I am looking forward to some upcoming titles within the same genre.

Wii -
I really like the Wii games because they are more 'vivid' than most other console games. They are the type of games that I find to be stress-relieving. They have easy games and there plenty to choose from. AND, I like it because it produces Zelda titles. Duh.

GBA -
Of course I grew up with the Gameboy Color, but the Gameboy Advanced was my favorite handheld console of all time. I believe the first game that I got on the GBA was this odd-ball game called Lady Sia. I kept getting frustrated because I could never manage to jump on the head of the Lava Monster Boss (forgot the name), so I ended up setting it on the shelf and never touched it again due to sheer frustration. The Pokemon games were the bomb.com and I played those things like 24/7. Another one of my personal favorites was Yoshi's Island. It was a fairly simple game but not the easiest that's for sure :]
Pretty much this and my 3DS. I loved the PS2 and prefer it more than PS3(I haven't got one, but my dad does), I loved Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 in my early childhood and want to play Banjo kazooie and DK64, I have never really played XBOX 360 but I enjoy Kinect and the other non-COD games. GBA? It is my childhood.

3DS is awesome for backwards compatibility, 3D vids, fun games and of course, the huge library coming up this year.

For me, its a tie between the Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, and the Sega Dreamcast.

Ah, the memories of me and my older brother playing Kid Chameleon, Sonic 1 & 2, Shining Force, and X-Men on our Genesis. Plus Sonic Adventure and Samba de Amigo on the Dreamcast and ALttP, SMW, Super Metroid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, and some Super Mario Kart. I miss the old days before my brother swapped to PC gaming with Starcraft 2, WoW, and soon to be Guild Wars 2.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Nintendo 64, I have an urge to trash my cousins Xbox 360 slim and get him one of the old school 64's and let him play all teh classics.. MArio 64, Zelda, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart... aahhhh Nostalgia :)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The first video game console my family ever owned was the GameCube. That's what got me into gaming as a whole and more specifically into Zelda. Our system came with the Collector's Edition disc, so those were the first games I really got into.

As far as handhelds, my older brother already owned some assortment of Nintendo handhelds I can't remember specifically, but I know he had a Pikachu-themed Game Boy Color and a generic-colored original Game Boy Advance. I remember the woes of having to try to find a convenient place to sit where the screen would become visible. My own first handhelds were a red Game Boy Advance SP and a blue original Nintendo DS, both of which I got shortly after being introduced to Zelda.

The first game I actually beat (rather than watching a sibling) was Four Swords on that red GBA SP (at my grandparent's house :) ), and then the first game I beat by myself was Four Swords Adventures on that GameCube. I still have the GameCube in my basement (though I always use my Wii for GameCube games). I have the fat DS still, but I don't use it as I use my 3DS for DS games and my newer light-blue GBA SP with a brighter screen for GBA games. That red GBA SP now belongs to my brother, who still only barely ever uses it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom