• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Subject Are You Passionate About In School?

I actually have a unique situation. In highschool I couldn't give a hoot about my grades, or what my teachers though of me. The majority of the information (with the exception of math and Science) felt absolutely useless, and I felt I didn't need to learn it. In college, Im completely different. I now study 100% in every single subject, and am genuinely interested in all of them.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'm in secondary(high) school and I don't really have a favorite subject :(. To be honest, all of the stuff I learn just feels like useless, government-filtered crap. I probaby would like computer-related classes if I was any good with computers, but I'm not. I kind of like my art class though, it's one of the better classes I've taken thus far.

H

Hastier

I like Biology because it's a subject you can actually use in you daily life and History because my current teacher makes it exciting to learn and also teaches us how to use info from the past to aid us claim our rights.:lol:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm a freshman in high school and I'm in a double-accelerated honors algebra II with trigonometry class. It's fantastic! I love it; it's my eighth period class and it's the highlight of my day.

octorok74

TETTAC
Oh, history. I love World War One and Two. The strategies, the weapons, the battles, and the outcomes. It's just so much fun to learn about the past or at least certain aspects.

I was always very enthralled by history classes. Specifically history classes about major wars from WWI onward (everything before that is boring as hell to me). I really like a class I am currently involved in concerning "current world affairs." Given recent developments in the good old DPRK, I have been learning a lot about the legacies of Kim Il Tsung and Kim Jong Il, which I find extremely interesting. The only other classes I've ever enjoyed have been math classes (except Geometry, which I hated).

MW7

I'm in college and my problem is that I like too many subjects. If it was practical to be undeclared for four years then I probably would have done that instead of switching majors four times. My least favorite subjects are definitely history and english, but even those I like.

Writing. I love to read and write. I always have and I like to think I'm pretty okay at it :P. (Also, don't take this post as an example of my writing ability LOL.)

Only real subject that I am passionate about is Chemistry, which is why it isn't very surprising that I chose to major in Chemistry.

All through out high school and middle school, my favorite subjects were always math and science. In fact while in high school, I managed to cram 5 years of each subject in four years and only had to double on a science class my senior year, my 8th grade algebra class counted as high school credit.

The only other subject that I really like is physics but not enough to decide to study it for four years.

I have hated English because I ain't very good at it, and history because I had a terrible teacher for my sophomore and junior years.

I'm in college and my problem is that I like too many subjects. If it was practical to be undeclared for four years then I probably would have done that instead of switching majors four times. My least favorite subjects are definitely history and english, but even those I like.

Lol that's funny because my sister has switched three times now. She went from a Psychology major to a Secondary Education Major to a Biology Major. Just curious what majors have you switched from?

Also, I'm really surprised at all the history lovers here. My friends consider it a dry subject and they don't understand why I love it so much but I'm glad I have fellow peers here who love it like I do.

@Trio the Punch: I was exactly like that before I took my AP World History class. I felt that everything pre 15th century was absurd and useless, and I only really cared about United States History and Western Euroupean History which go hand-in-hand. However, I was surprised how interesting some of the things during the Classical Civilization Era and Ancient Mesopatamian Era were so interesting. I definitley reccomend you check some of that stuff out.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
If this topic is to be about academic courses, then I would have to say the subject I am most passionate about would be history/social sciences. The biggest reason I say this is because the past is the greatest source of knowledge that we could ever hope to imagine. It's truly astounding to see how far humans have gone from thousands, even millions of years ago.

As for non-academic courses, I would say that music is the course I am most passionate about. I've been in school band programs ever since I was in the 4th grade, and I've completely loved it. When I moved, band quickly helped me socialize and learn more about the places around me. In addition, it helped me express things I hadn't expressed before. :)

When I enter college this fall, I plan on going to getting my degree in Music Education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom