• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Subject Are You Passionate About In School?

For people who are currently in secondary school (high school)
- What subject do you find most interesting/fascinating in school and why?

For people who are currently in college
- What is the discipline you're focusing on and does it relate with the subject that you found interesting in high school?

For people who are currently done with school what subject did you most enjoy and why? Also, I'm assuming everyone is atleast in their freshman year of secondary school, sorry if you're not >.<

Me personally I enjoy History and find it fascinating. Mainly U.S. History, but I'm currently taking AP World History and find it interesting to learn about each separate civilzation and how each one developed and interacted with each other from the agricultural revoloution (3000B.C.E.) to present day. My current goal is to go off to college and majour in Secondary Education/History with a minor is Psychology and become a high school teacher/college proffessor eventually.

So post away! I'm eager to see what everyone else likes :D

C

CreamyBumCheeks

In my first year of post-secondary I signed up for a Latin course mainly because a language class was necessary but also because it sounded fairly interesting. I found myself absolutely loving the course and the language - its so elegant and also quite useful for english vocab. I really love studying the language although I'm not sure what careers I could pursue with a major or minor in Latin :S Time will tell? I guess the unexpected parts of life are always the best :>

W

Wolfs

college, I study It, but mainly it starts to get annoying, I loved my secondary IT school but in university it's mainly annoying because of the higher mathematics and linear algebra. without those 2 classes it would be my best time I could imagine.

greetings

Computer Programming

It's the degree plan that I am pursuing and hope to achieve. I want to be a game programmer/designer since I love games of course and since I'm good at math it should help. As long as I get my motivation working I hope to program some games with the knowledge I learn.

Mine is simple lunch because I love food lol. jk jk. I love math I guess, mostly cuz im good at math.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'd say history. I've had an interest in history for a while because of all the things you could take out of it. I remember when we saw about the Berlin wall's fall, and watched a movie about it afterwards called "Goodye Lenin!" (which was pretty good, by the way). People's lives changing so much, and trying to imagine all those landmark moments in time... there was a time when I thought I had seen everything the world had to offer and that life wasn't really that exciting, but knowng about those things and how impressive they could be sometimes was a big eye-opener. Not to mention how we can learn from those things as much as the not so pleasant moments (like the holocaust, for example) that we sometimes wish never happened. Maybe it's a bit weird that I find such a thing even remotely interesting, but to each his own I guess.

Last edited:

zombiegamer723

The Hylian Zombie
Well, I'm majoring in Information Security--basically protecting important data from hackers--so I'm always passionate about computer classes. I haven't really had the chance to do that many computer classes yet save for BCIS, as I'm getting my core classes out of the way. I loved BCIS, though. I just love fiddling around on the computer and making cool stuff happen. :D

I major in Information Technology and minor in Computer Science. In high school I focused on foreign language and public speaking, thinking that I would teach English to non-native speakers. Instead, my true calling was technology. It took one class my senior year of HS to realize that, as much as I wanted to teach language, I am such a natural with programming and other computer-y stuff that I can make a living off of it with almost no effort. Since I enjoy technology, I feel I've won in a way. I may teach later in life, but I have a successful tech career to enjoy first.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Well, I'm currently a Freshmen in High School and I have to say I'm passionate about all subjects in school, as school is very important to me, but I think the one I like the most is History. I remember when I was in sixth grade, I read all about Judaism and that and I was very interested in it. Yes, I did learn about this in sixth grade, because California has horrible education standards, which is just another reason I want to get out of here.

I like Maths and Science. Oh no, not for the learning, god thats boring. No I like the muking about in lessons acpect of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom