• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What style do you want the next original 2d Zelda to be?

What style should the next 2d Zelda adopt?

• use the LA remake style

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • HD version of the 3ds style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sprite-based or HD-2d

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • hand drawn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • something new/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
The last original overhead Zelda was A Link B/w Worlds (and that other one), while the last one in general was the Link's Awakening remake. Discounting any thoughts for remakes, how would you want the next original 2d Zelda to look like? We'll certainly get one sooner or later (really hoping sooner), so how would you want it's visuals to look like?

The options I can think of are an HD-ified version of the ALBW look, the LA remake style again, sprite based like the GBA games but modernized or even HD-2d, a hand drawn style, or something completely new

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Minish Cap's spritework is lovely. Give me more of that for a new 2D Zelda game. Or any spritework, really.

I liked LAHD's style but I wouldn't want it for another game. It suits that game's theme too well to be used over and over.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Hand drawn would be dope as ****, but I doubt we'll get that. I've always really loved the hand drawn era of animation.

I wish they would go back to the sprite style for 2d games. Not a fan of the very cartoony, almost toy like style they went with for LA. Like Twili said, MC's style was lovely. I also really loved Link's Awakening DX.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I kind of want another sprite based game. It's a classic style, plus it has so much personality to it. I thought that Cadence of Hyrule was a beautiful game and I'd like to see some more stuff along that same vein.
Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a style more like Albw or LA. I thought they both looked really good and added depth to the games they were remaking/inspired by.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd love to see an attempt at a game that looks like the anime opening in Link's Awakening HD. The classic Link has always been represented as a chibi in-game, whereas the artwork that goes with it is proportioned more realistically, even back in the NES days. I think it'd be interesting to reflect that style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom