• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What story/lore ideas do you want to see come into fruition in future titles?

-Some more games in the post-SS, pre-OoT eras; there's room for some interesting villains, even if one offs, before Ganon(dorf) ever even exists. Why not capitalize on those ideas?

-A game featuring the Four Sword on the Downfall Timeline; I'd prefer the game itself to play more like TMC(in other words, a traditional style single player Zelda) than the multiplayer titles, but a game featuring the FS, Vaati, and Ganon I would be cool, especially if you added some of the features from, say, FSA(formations) into a more traditional Zelda type adventure. It would probably fit best between the 3DS and NES games, as there's nearly infinite room for games between them.

-A game post-AoL, pre-BotW* game that shows Ganon becoming Calamity Ganon would be sweet, albeit unlikely.

-A game that takes place after FSA so that Ganon II gets another opportunity to develop as his own character would be great.

-Another AT game that expands on the brand new status quo, maybe even introducing a recurring villain for New Hyrule, and going more into some traditions that have been established there.

-A direct prequel to BotW that explained why and how Link got the MS(it's not fully explained) would be pretty spectacular.

I believe that BotW is on the DT, but if you do believe that it's on the AT or CT or Convergence or what have you, than replace post-AoL with the game(s) of your choice. I don't want to get off topic debating the timeline placement for BotW in this thread.

I don't really have any wants for Zelda lore in future games because Aonuma does what Aonuma wants.

Before BotW did we ever think we'd have roaming mechs or a ten thousand year jump?

I'd rather be surprised and intrigued rather than getting what I wanted.

Though the Valley of the Flood concept has always interested me.

As of the end of A Link to the Past, Ganon is dead and Hyrule has the united Triforce. As of the beginning of The Legend of Zelda, Ganon is alive, has had the Triforce of Power for long enough that the opening scroll speaks of his having it as a matter of course, but has only conquered Hyrule very recently. (Zelda and Impa flee Ganon's men during the invasion; Zelda's captured, but Impa escapes; Link rescues Impa and immediately heads for Hyrule, beginning the game. This feels like something that occurred over the course of a few weeks.)

This means that, at some point between these games, Ganon was revived and stole the Triforce of Power. He then raised the grab-bag army of random monsters that we saw in the first two games (everything from cute furries to valiant centaurs to metal-eating sponges and unquiet spirits of the dead), and instilled them with the fanatical loyalty and immense prowess that we saw in The Adventure of Link. Contrast all this with Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, and even Hyrule Warriors, where no sooner was he free-ish and empowered-ish than he started actively working to claim the throne, picking up allies on the way and covering the weaknesses in his position with persuasion, trickery, and magic.

Building this army, and earning its trust and loyalty, would also have taken time: a period of years or longer in which the King of Hyrule knew that Ganon was in the human world, had the Triforce of Power, and was probably raising an army or plotting to topple the throne, but did nothing in particular (or at least nothing very successful) to stop him.

Or else Ganon got the Triforce of Power and immediately attacked Hyrule, and then retreated to try again later when it became clear that he was going to lose. (He has literally never done this.) And Hyrule let him get away. (They've never done that, either.)

Or else he attacked Hyrule and lost, and the King of Hyrule not only spared his life but also let him keep the Triforce of Power. (And then the king abdicated in favor of Super Mario, moved to Portland, and became a juggler, while Ganon moved to the world of Animal Crossing and left command of his army to Winston Smith from 1984 in a boar-demon suit, because nothing can make this course of events less likely than it already is.)

So, what happened in the run-up to the first game? Did Ganon aknowledge his relative weakness (while possessing the Triforce of Power!) and make careful preparations while Hyrule ignored him; or did he fall upon the kingdom in the period before The Legend of Zelda, lose, and escape? Either way, I'd like to see this scenario explored.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As of the end of A Link to the Past, Ganon is dead and Hyrule has the united Triforce. As of the beginning of The Legend of Zelda, Ganon is alive, has had the Triforce of Power for long enough that the opening scroll speaks of his having it as a matter of course, but has only conquered Hyrule very recently. (Zelda and Impa flee Ganon's men during the invasion; Zelda's captured, but Impa escapes; Link rescues Impa and immediately heads for Hyrule, beginning the game. This feels like something that occurred over the course of a few weeks.)

This means that, at some point between these games, Ganon was revived and stole the Triforce of Power. He then raised the grab-bag army of random monsters that we saw in the first two games (everything from cute furries to valiant centaurs to metal-eating sponges and unquiet spirits of the dead), and instilled them with the fanatical loyalty and immense prowess that we saw in The Adventure of Link. Contrast all this with Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, and even Hyrule Warriors, where no sooner was he free-ish and empowered-ish than he started actively working to claim the throne, picking up allies on the way and covering the weaknesses in his position with persuasion, trickery, and magic.

Building this army, and earning its trust and loyalty, would also have taken time: a period of years or longer in which the King of Hyrule knew that Ganon was in the human world, had the Triforce of Power, and was probably raising an army or plotting to topple the throne, but did nothing in particular (or at least nothing very successful) to stop him.

Or else Ganon got the Triforce of Power and immediately attacked Hyrule, and then retreated to try again later when it became clear that he was going to lose. (He has literally never done this.) And Hyrule let him get away. (They've never done that, either.)

Or else he attacked Hyrule and lost, and the King of Hyrule not only spared his life but also let him keep the Triforce of Power. (And then the king abdicated in favor of Super Mario, moved to Portland, and became a juggler, while Ganon moved to the world of Animal Crossing and left command of his army to Winston Smith from 1984 in a boar-demon suit, because nothing can make this course of events less likely than it already is.)

So, what happened in the run-up to the first game? Did Ganon aknowledge his relative weakness (while possessing the Triforce of Power!) and make careful preparations while Hyrule ignored him; or did he fall upon the kingdom in the period before The Legend of Zelda, lose, and escape? Either way, I'd like to see this scenario explored.

Bear in mind ordinarily the Tirforce of Courage is there to balance out Power, and yet in Legend of Zelda it's missing, so ganon could've literally spent decades working towards his goal unhindered, we are always shown that Wisdom means jack squat in terms of the ability to stop Power, so despite zelda possibly knowing that it's happening theres nothing she can do about it.

What i'm curious about is what actually happened to Princess Zelda from LoZ we get a brand new one in AoL but now theres two princess' who steps down?

Bear in mind ordinarily the Tirforce of Courage is there to balance out Power, and yet in Legend of Zelda it's missing, so ganon could've literally spent decades working towards his goal unhindered, we are always shown that Wisdom means jack squat in terms of the ability to stop Power, so despite zelda possibly knowing that it's happening theres nothing she can do about it.

What i'm curious about is what actually happened to Princess Zelda from LoZ we get a brand new one in AoL but now theres two princess' who steps down?

Prophecy of Calatia, a fangame re-working of the Caragonne comics and the cartoons, has the Zelda who Link rescued go off to Calatia with him, leaving Zelda I to run the country... Personally, if I were remaking the first two games, I'd merge them into one character (Ganon cursing someone as he died -- maybe Zelda, maybe trying to curse Link but Zelda gets in the way -- seems likely enough), but that's not the series we have.

Excellent point about Courage being the restraining bolt on Power, though! Now I want another game setting up LoZ: the one where sealing away the Triforce of Courage was the least bad option available. As you point out, the Triforce of Courage is the world's first line of defense against the ex-Gerudo character who's running around the world putting the "Downfall" in "Downfall Timeline"; there's also the minor issue that if you seal away any part of the Triforce, the world will fall back into primordial chaos if it isn't unsealed in a generation or two. (There's a reason there's so much lava in AoL.)

What led to this decision? I like to think that it was to stop the prince from the AoL backstory... which might mean keeping Zelda I, as distinct from the Zelda of LoZ, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom