• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Starter Should I Choose for Kanto and Hoenn?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
So, I am wondering, what should I choose? I chose Cyndaquill, so I should pick a grass type and a water type. Should I get Bulbasuar/Squirtle or Treecko/Mudkip? Or choose the fire types instead?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'd go for Treecko/Mudkip, I like them better over the other two, but that's me, the decision is yours to make in the end. ;)

D

Deleted member 6224

Charmander/Squirtle definatly if you can but i would use Charmader instead of Cyndaquil. If you cant choose Bulbasaur/Mudkip, treeko is preety bad

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly are you doing, are you playing HGSS? If so, it's insanely easy to get any of those, so it doesn't really matter.

However, I like to always get one of each type. Considering you already have Cyndaquil, I'd go for Mudkip and Bulbasaur.

I'd go with Treeko, definitely, he's fast and learns leaf blade, which from the start is a decently strong move and it's coupled with a high critical hit ratio. For the water type I'd also choose mudkip. Whenever it gains its ground type when it evolves makes it a pretty powerful contender.

W

weavile14

You should get charmander/cyndaquil if you want the game to be easy for you. Get squirtel/mudkip if you want the game to be ok.get bulbasaur/treeko if you want the game to be hard

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Since this is for generation IV, he has to be talking about HGSS, and he's also talking about the times when Stven and prof Oak give you a new pokémon. So I'd pick Treecko and Squirtle, Treecko is just awesome with Leaf Blade and it's super high Attack and Speed and Squirtle is fun to use and it evolves into Blastoise, which is amazing!

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
choose whatever you think looks coolest, it really doesn't matter on type if you're gonna hate playing it.

Otherwise a good option would be mudkip due to its type adantages and sheer movepool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom