• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Starter Are You Choosing in Pokémon Sword/Shield?

Which Starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Sobble

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Wait to see evolutions before deciding

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got our first look at the 8th generation of Pokémon today, the Galar region based on the UK.

We also got a glimpse at the three starters - the grass monkey, Grookey, the fire bunny, Scorbunny, and the water lizard, Sobble.

So, which starter have you decided on? Or are you waiting to see their evolutions?

I am leaning towards either Grookey or Scorbunny but need to see evolutions to decide.

None of the starters stuck with me right away like Fennekin in Gen 6 or Rowlet in Gen 7.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think all of them are cute, and that makes it hard to decide which I like most. I’m leaning towards Sobble at the moment. I have to say, there wasn’t one that immediately jumped out at me like Rowlet or Cyndaquil did. I hope to see evolutions soon, that will be the deciding factor for me. Although, it’s a rare thing that I find an entire evolutionary line that I like.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I am still undecided, I might wait till e3 to make that decision since it's the only other trailer I plan on watching. I want to play a Pokemon game blind since I haven't done that since White.

Waiting to see their evolutions but I do not like Scorbunny. I can tell that Scorbunny is gonna turn into a full blown football/soccer player and I don't like that.

On the other hand Grookey looks like Chespin and Sobble looks like a blue Scraggy so i need to see the evolutions.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I was thinking about starting with that totally never done before grass monkey in the region that totally doesn't remind me of Unova. But I decided on Scorbunny. Also the male trainer looks like a grass trainer if you know what I mean.

ZinnLav

Zinnie-chan
I'm going to pick one at random like I always do, probably Grookey because it seems to be the least popular and would be hardest to get when going for a complete living dex.
And then catch something else and use that as my starter.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As I just go in order for every gen, (started doing it in gen 4 with grass, gen 5 water, gen 6 fire, gen 7 grass) it'll be Sobble, since it's time for water type ^^

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't want to go with the copout answer (wait to see final evolutions), so at the moment I'm going with Scorbunny.

Historically I've always gone with the grass starters, they are typically my favorite. But this time around, Grookey is just not appealing to me in the slightest. I'm sure his evolutions will be cool but until them, I'm predicting that Scorbunny is my starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom