• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Sounds Calm You Down?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Well.... it's kinda silly. But :$ *backstory time :D* There is a girl who I go to school with who I've struck up a really good friendship with. She's amazing xD anyhoo, she sent me a song that she played on the piano and she also sings in it. It brings me a lot of peace when I listen to it. It's odd. There's a particular part in the song that just like... makes me feel so warm and safe when she sings it. So whenever I'm super pissed, or feeling down or whatever unpleasant feeling I am experiencing... I listen to her singing this song and it just makes me feel so much better. It's odd I guess but meh that calms me down pretty good. ^_^

Any sound which follows a pattern like clocks or fans. Also music calms me down quite a bit. And I always carry around a bell in my pocket in case I need to calm myself down.

I like listening to repetitive noises when I'm calming down, like music that's on a loop, or our clock, or even the hum of the fridge :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Piano, violin, rain/storm, a gusty winter wind, a cat purring, the soft snoring of a sleeping loved one.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Storms - The stronger and louder the storm, the better. I love hearing thunder too but it's mostly the rain and wind that calms me down.
Fire - As in a small campfire. The quieter, the better for me.
The general noisy sound of being in the middle of a city. I wanna live right off of a really busy street because it's easier for me to fall asleep when I hear the cars rushing by.
The sound of my computer running. It's almost just white noise but it has a specific sound that calms me more than plain, old white noise.

And then sounds that make me very uneasy are the ticking of clocks, human voices (but not animal), anything very, very low in pitch, and anything that's in close proximity to me (besides my computer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom