• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Sort of People Do You Surround Yourself With?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I had a talk with my dad and older sister about the people we surround ourselves with. Naturally, I surround myself by way of video games - they're my friends. I know others only surround themselves by intellectuals to boost their ego, others by musicians to keep their skills fresh, and others still with argumentative people simply to test their waters.

What about you?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I surround myself with my friends. Whatever type of person they are, if I can think of them as my friend chances are I'll want to have them around me. My friends are pretty diverse, so I can't narrow down the type of person I surround myself with very easily. I guess I could say they're the people who accept me with all of my quirks and faults, and the people who brighten my day. I can't really get it any more specific than that.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I surround myself with people I care about. It has it advantages because most of them care about me and are there for me no matter what. The disadvantage though is that sometimes there is a person I care about and they don't care about me at all and then they say bad stuff about me behind my back. It kind of hurts a bit, but then I realize that that I have my real true friends that would never think about doing anything like that. They accept my flaws instead of using them against me, and they always know how to cheer me up.

ILU

i luv u
I don't usually choose who I surround myself with. I have no choice, really. Whoever is at work is about it. I don't do the public school thing, and there aren't any other people around where I live to converse with since they're all old with babies/kids.

Maybe I could say fellow gamers? But that's not a defining point of a "type" of person..... gamers can be intellectuals, debaters, artists, etc. Really, I don't even bother with family aside from certain events. My current friends are people I've grown up with who are considered more like cousins than friends.

If I had a choice, I'd choose intellectuals. I'm not very smart, and I really love to learn. One old guy at work is heavy into politics, so I'm slowly learning more about subjects that were too hard to understand through schoolwork. Another guy is very athletic, so I'm learning a lot about nutrition. One person I talk to online knows a lot about EVERYTHING and has a really neutral position on various subjects, so it's very easy to talk to him and learn.

I'd also like to be around more artists, but I have found that the stereotype of them being very emotional people is often too true for me to handle. Not all of them, of course, but it's just too much for me from what I've experienced.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, now, I just make sure to surround myself with good people, really. My current clique of friends are very close and everyone's lovely, which is the most important thing to me now. We might not have the same hobbies, and might disagree on what to do some days, but we're all on the same wave-length with the same senses of humour and that, and it's really nice, and we usually compromise if we want to do different things. And because everyone's so different, I can find myself sat in a friend's house watching movies and eating pizza one night, and then we're all out in town hitting the bars and clubs till about 2am, and it's nice to have that variety in life. I've found myself trying a lot of new things when I've been with these guys because of it, although I regret letting the guys convince us to go paintballing... Also, I finally have a group of guy friends I like! Very gentlemanly, polite, and at the same time very funny and always make me laugh, unlike my old guy friends from school who usually had 1 thing and 1 thing only on their minds. Mani brought his little baby one day to meet everyone for the first time, and it's funny to see a group of big, burly Northerners all going "Aw man she's beautiful." :P

So, yeah, I don't care about a person's hobbies or anything, just if they're good people and we can get along.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't surround myself with a specific sort of person. Who I hang out with generally depends on how much we can trust and rely on eachother. All of my friends (with the exception of one, but that's kind of different) are the type of people who I can say things to that I would never say to anybody else, and not have to worry about other people hearing it. The friends I am closest to are the ones that I never fight with. The people that I surround myself with are the people who I can be good friends to, and who I know will be good friends to me. It doesn't matter that we don't all play the same video games, or listen to the same music. My friends are my friends, and I wouldn't surround myself with anybody other than them.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I can't really describe the sort of people I surround myself with. They're all very different, though my closest friends are very similar in a way I can't put my finger on. Idk. The only time I won't accept having someone around is if I full on dislike them, or if they are a low-life. I know a lot of low-lives* because they're the people who unfortunately populate my local area, but I don't have much to do with them because I think they're a negative influence on my mental health and also I can't relate to them at all.

*What I mean by low-lives is, the stoner type who sits in their house watching tv all the time, doesn't have any real interests, lets life happen to them without doing anything to even try and change their negative situations, etc

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I surround myself with fellow geeks, because they are the people I have things in common with, who have it in them to actually understand my strange ways. Whenever I'm around non-geeks, they may be very nice, but I feel like we're speaking different languages. It gets tiring having to explain over and over again, only to be met with a blank look, or a headshake - yet I am expected to understand their ways right off the bat...

Dan

I surrond myself with people that aren't going to end up causing problems for me, ones that respect me, and people that are generally nice and aren't looking for attention.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Honestly I hardly hang out. When I do, though, it's with people I know and people who like to do the same things I do. Like play soccer, basketball, etc. :cool:

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I surround my self with people who make me happy. that's because I feed off of that and when I feel good then I can make them feel good and then we feed off of each others good energy and we zoom off into a world of happiness!! yay!!! lol those people are mainly my friends who are just random and geeky. and I'm sure that they keep me around for the same reason lol

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I tend to surround myself with people who almost never get in trouble at school, and have the same interest as me(gamers,musicians,geeks, & honor students). I also end up having a lot of different races & with different religious beliefs. Being the childish person I can be, I have more good friends that are younger than me than my actual age or older(I just hope people don't think of me as a pedo).

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I surround myself with all kinds of people! I love meeting new people and talking to them and stuff, becoming friends and so on. I also really like surrounding myself with friends. ... I surround myself with everyone. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom