• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Software do you like/love/dislike the most

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I go to a store I always caught myself looking for anything photoshop related. Whether these are books, cd's or dvd's. This makes me wonder; what software are you always looking for or are you good at or do you dislike?
I don't mean pc games but software like graphics, music, video, webdesign etc. And do you consider yourself a beginner, expert, complete noob?
I am very advanced with photoshop. I won't call myself an expert but I know I am definitely not a beginner. Still my hunger to know more about Photoshop is far from over yet lol!
So shoot your knowledge and opinion about software here :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I might be weird, but I'm not a fan of photoshop, I much more prefer Photo Impact, that's the software I've been using for my imaging needs since I was a teenager. I've tried Photoshop, but I found myself longing for certain features that it didn't offer... lol

I love vidding, too, so I'm very fond of Video Studio (I would like to try Premiere and Vegas, but I'm very comfortable with Video Studio)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And that is what I have with other photo editing programs. I used a lot but I like photoshop the best :) I tried photoby, Art Weaver, Gimp, Photofiltre, Printshop Pro, Paintshop Pro and even Picassa but I love Photoshop the most.
And no you are not weird at all. What one likes doesn't mean another one should like it the same ;)
I never tried video editing. I'm a complete noob at this

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
And that is what I have with other photo editing programs. I used a lot but I like photoshop the best :) I tried photoby, Art Weaver, Gimp, Photofiltre, Printshop Pro, Paintshop Pro and even Picassa but I love Photoshop the most.
And no you are not weird at all. What one likes doesn't mean another one should like it the same ;)
I never tried video editing. I'm a complete noob at this

I'm fairly good at video editing. I'm pretty much self-taught and I've been doing it for years, but I'm not sure where I would place myself on a scale... It's probably up to others to decide, here's the latest video I made (it's a tribute to the TV-show, Bones)

Photoshop, Sony Vegas, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity, Fraps and Windows Movie Maker (I know but sometimes it's easier to compile everything in here that in Sony Vegas)

Probably because I do a lot of programming, the software that really stands out to me, and that I find myself liking/using the most is VIM. After using it for a long time, I really can't get used to any other text editor, and find myself more efficient in VIM than any IDE.

Love: Star-Blade OS
Like: Google Chrome? I havn't really put much thought into software I "like".
Dislike: Windows OS's

Love: GIMP, Eclipse, Firefox, 7-Zip, ffdshow, (Ogg) Vorbis, x264
Like: Windows (XP and 7), Linux (mainly Ubuntu), Audacity, Code::Blocks, MonoDevelop, MeGUI, AviSynth
Hate: Windows, Linux, iTunes, OS X

(Yes, I both like and hate Windows and Linux.)

Big Octo

=^)
Love: Photoshop, Google Chrome
Like: Windows OS, Final Cut(which is ironic, see below)
Dislike: Mac OS X

For professional software, I've really been into Sony Vegas and Soundforge. Also Photoshop, I used to be a pro back before the CS days but have forgotten everything and need to get back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom