• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What should be the rating of BotW2?

Your preferred ESRB rating

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Imo it should be M+17, because the one thing I was able to notice was ,the game had minimal violence. Even the goats(?) which were shot went poof and directly turned into a....steak.
So, do you think the developers should add more violence to the game?

Knowing the rating of a game is impossible until the game is out. We can't tell from 90seconds of footage either.

But this is Zelda and a sequel to Breath of the Wild, it'll probably have the same rating the previous game had.

It'll be creepier going off what we've seen but I doubt it'll be any more violent.

Archer

Whatever
I think it should still be rated T. A rated M Zelda game could happen, but I think it won’t be BotW2

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think it should be an adult game. I want graphic violence like we see in fallout with enemies sometimes exploding into a gory red paste when defeated, guts everywhere, eyeballs popping out, and links tunic becoming drenched in blood and leaving bloody footsteps until it dries. I also think he should have to immerse himself in water to get the stains out afterwards to add to even more of the realism.

Drugs should feature heavily. Substance abuse has long been hinted at in Zelda but it's never been out in the open. Time to change that with cocaine and meth making a prominent appearance in BoTW2 and the return of the Lakeside Laboratory Scientist who manufacturers these drugs.

I think in terms of language. Heavy swearing should feature. This isn't a civilised world so the language should reflect that. Maybe the more advanced Zoras would use more elegant and refined language and the peasants would use swears?

I also think graphic sex should feature with link having the option of taking regular trips to the brothel. He should be 18 by now so able to visit these establishments. It could give him gold hearts at a high quality establishment or he could even contract STD and lose them if he gets syfilis at a low quality one. Developers could even introduce the crafting of bokoblin gut condoms to prevent this.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
At most a teen rating is what I expect (and would want). I don't want the game to be dark just for the sake of it. That was one of my gripes with TP. It was dark pretty much to appease the fans who were disappointed with WW's "kiddie" (read: beautiful) art style. I would, however, like to see the game become a bit more thematically dark. Maybe if an underworld below Hyrule is explored there could be dungeons filled with ReDeads, Gibdos, Poes, etc. In a way it could be a spiritual successor to what the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple did in OoT.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Not sure why this poll doesn’t have E and E10+ ratings. I wouldn’t have chosen them, but why are only the three more mature ones options? This poll is a bit flawed...
I think teen would be great, Zelda has no reason to do anything above this, and it would just alienate some of the audience. Zelda has and always should be an adventure everybody can experience. I’d love a dark game, but it doesn’t need to be too gritty, especially just for grittiness’ sake.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
E10 to T. Zelda has always been more toward kids to teens for target audience. Making it rated M would cut off a fair portion of the fanbase, plus Nintendo as a whole tries to make games that appeal to everyone.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
Zelda games are first and foremost for kids. That's not to say that adults can't enjoy them, it's just that they aren't tailored for adults.

The furthest I think any Zelda game should go is T. (Similar to Twilight Princess) If it were any higher of a rating it would exclude the younger audience which I do not want. My preference is Everyone 10+.

As a side note, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were rated M in Australia. Their rating system is a bit different than in the rest of the world.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I would want it to be E10 or T. Any higher they would have to add something in it to be either very scary/gory. I don’t want that, because then my sister and brother couldn't play it, and I wouldn’t have as much fun with it because I don’t like lots of gore. I want the game to have a creepier vibe, but they could definitely do that without making it M. Just look at Majora’s Mask. And they definitely don’t need to make hunting gory. Hunting is a necessity to live, but I would never want to hunt in the game if it show carcasses, that would just make me so guilty and sad.

I don’t really see a Zelda game being rated M anyways. They fit the E10/T far better than M.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
A T rating would go hard. BOTW2 seems like it's going to be much more mature, and I think a T rating is all it needs to be. While an M rated Zelda game would probably slap, it's not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom