• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch What Should A First Time Player Expect?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
As someone who still doesn't own a Switch, the reveal of this remake has made me want to pick up the console before it's release.

I've never played LA so what should I expect going into this game? I know the remake will add new things and make improvements, but are there any tips you would give people who have never played LA before?

For me, if I was describe LA to someone who had never played it, I'd say this;

LA is the opposite side of the coin to Majora's Mask. If MM is a nightmare then LA is a dream.

Where MM gets it's Freudian Uncanny bibe for the reuse of familiar character that hold meaning for the player and not the character, LA is very much the other way around.

LA has logic that makes sense in a dream. Characters knowing if they'll be cursed or not later. Lots of elements from other familiar and unlinked games. A comfortable vibe but with an air of falseness.

Gameplay-wise LA doesn't do anything different if you've played the Oracle games. The Switch versiom however, doesn't seem to shift screens when you walk to the edge of the map tile like every other 2D game, it instead seems to shift so will feel different from the 2D norm.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As someone who still doesn't own a Switch, the reveal of this remake has made me want to pick up the console before it's release.

I've never played LA so what should I expect going into this game? I know the remake will add new things and make improvements, but are there any tips you would give people who have never played LA before?

Same boat as not owning a switch but i have played LA's a fair few times. I've no doubt they'll change alot but one thing that i always find myself coming back to, progress isn't always an obvious thing, dungeon 2 is a good example, you can't enter it without a certain thing and you don't really get a hint on whats needed so you search around and see what is available to do and eventually you'll find the way. I really sincerely hope theres no hint system, the remakes seem to be fans of hint systems since SS

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
so a remake of a game boy game is what convinced you to get a switch?

expect a pretty streamlined adventure, you're not really exploring an open island as you're more so navigating around areas that you're allowed to see depending on your equipment, expect to jump and throw rocks a lot, there MIGHT be a moment where you'll be lost on where to go, unsure how much the remake will cater to that, but just make sure to keep areas you've visited before in mind, as you'll get items later on that'll allow you to get treasures and heart piece that you couldn't before

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom