• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Shield Did You Use Most In Skyward Sword?

What shield(s) did you use the most in Skyward Sword?

• Wood Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banded Shield

• Braced Shield

• Iron Shield

• Reinforced Shield

• Fortified Shield

• Sacred Shield

• Divine Shield

• Goddess Shield

• Hylian Shield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I like the final versions of the the Wooden Shield and the Iron Shield. Their final versions were the Braced Shield and Fortified Shield. The Sacred Shield is alright, except it's too skinny, it doesn't have a wide defensive range.

Warrior of Fire

The Hero of Time
no i think the wooden and iron shields look really stupid

But they do have good reasons to prefer them in a certain area. Like my post said, Wooden Shields are great against electricity, and Iron Shields are fireproof. I just think which one is better for the situation that I'm going into and not what the shield looks like. Similar with as a child in Ocarina of Time when you're going through Dodongo's Cavern. Do you keep the Deku Shield equipped all the time, do you keep the Hylian Shield equipped all the time, or do you use one based on what you need, like fighting the Lizalfos. In my first Skyward Sword playthrough on normal mode, as soon as I got the Iron Shield, I sold my Wooden Shield and went into Lanayru with my Iron Shield, and that was the only time I did that, for obvious reasons.

I liked the shields because it was a little more challenging having to have to right shield to protect you against attacks. If you chose the wrong shield it would just break which was cool. I didn't like having to do the trials for the last shield but in the end did it because it was nice to have it again.

I thought that the Wooden Shield and its upgrades (especially the Braced Shield, love that one) look pretty cool. I don't know why, but... eh. I liked them.
As for the Iron Shield and its upgrades, it's unique to say the least. I think a rectangular shield was pretty cool looking on Link, albeit a bit weird since I'm accustomed to seeing shield-shaped shields on him. It's was cool, but ultimately I'd prefer shield-shaped shields and circle shields.
The Sacred Shield, in its un-upgraded form, I think is quite cool-looking. The Divine Shield is okay, but I didn't really like the Goddess Shield aethsetically, or having Hylia stare at me from the Sandship to the Song of the Hero parts. It's too much of a... depiction, in my opinion. Yeah, it's a unique design, and while I don't necessarily dislike it, I can't quite say I like it.
Of course, the Hylian Shield looked awesome, as always.

it kind of sucked that you dont get the Hylian shield unless you beat the thunder dragon challenge but i guess the sacred shiel was fine. . . . . . but i thought that it was pretty crappy

i've finished the game and i still can't get the hylian shield. is it just me, or is it pretty sad to complete the game WITHOUT the hylian shield? :<

I don't find the shields ugly. Actually I like sole lf the designs and how they change as you upgrade them. It feels quite satisfying to see all of them upgraded to its max capacity. I especially like the fully upgraded versions of the Metal and Sacred shield and te second form of the Wooden shield. Although I always upgraded to its maximum. I care to have enough strengh to stand enemies and that means upgrading the shields to its max is the best.

i've finished the game and i still can't get the hylian shield. is it just me, or is it pretty sad to complete the game WITHOUT the hylian shield? :<

After you unlock the Song of the Hero, Lanayru will open a Boss Rush of sorts. He wants to test your skills and if he ginds you worthy he will reward you with something good. Talk to him and choose any boss you want. Once you defeat it he will give you a prize (bosses are timed and when you set new records he will give you money. You have no time limit so do not worth) and offer you to continue. Each time you finish a boss succesfully he will grant you a prize if you leave or he will offer to continue and he will choose the subsequent battle. Eventually you will get to the point were he will grant you the Hylian Shield. Accept it and quit. Remember that you have no potions here and you cannot die, so be careful. He has more prizes you may be interested like treasure.

Check the sites guides for help and extra tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom