• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Shield Did You Use Before the Hylian Shield?

What Shield didi you use before the Hylian Shield?

• Wooden Shield Variant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Shield Variant

• Sacred Shield Variant

• Total voters

THEM

Your cows are mine!
I'm curious to know the type of shield everyone used during their play through of SS.

I used the Goddess Shield through most of the game, which is the fully upgraded version of the Sacred Shield. Make sure to vote on the poll and post a reply!!

MW7

I went with a shield by committee approach. I used the Wooden Shield for the first area/dungeon, the Iron shield for the second area/dungeon, the Wooden Shield again for the third and fourth dungeons, the Sacred Shield for the fifth dungeon, and then for the sixth dungeon I upgraded the sacred shield twice but then forgot to re-equip it all throughout the dungeon so I went shieldless. I haven't gotten the Hylian Shield yet; I'm not sure if I'll get it this playthrough.

LBillyG

27 Different Things.
I used the iron shield for most of the game just because I didn't want my Wooden one to burn. Didn't buy the Sacred one until I needed to make preparations for the final battles.

Last edited:
I got them as they became available and equipped them. I never upgraded and honestly I don't think I even used my shield at all except for those bushes that spit the rocks. I always forget about the shield in Zelda games. I just started hero mode and keep telling myself "remember the shield... remember the shield..."

Since we visit each area three times I used one variant of each type for each trip so that I could see Link with all of them.

It went:
Skyview - Wooden shield
Earth Temple - Iron shield
Lanayru Mining Facility - Banded shield
Ancient Cistern - Sacred shield
Sandship - Divine shield
Fire Sanctuary - Reinforced shield
Fire Dragon - Fortified shield
Water Dragon - Braced shield
Thunder Dragon - Goddess shield
Sky Keep - Goddess shield (I liked this one)
Finale - Hylian shield

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Eh, I didn't usually stick with the same shield, my lsit would be random depending if the first one broke, or another one got taken or burnt.... I'm a disaster area when it comes to shields... XD

I used the Sacred Shield for the whole game after you were able to get it. Before that, though, I just used the upgraded wooden shield.

C

chunkyxmuffins

I liked the fully upgraded Iron shield,
I bought the Sacred shield and that thing broke way to fast on me >.<
It was also pain to keep buying it for 500 rupees.
btw
I'm new here
Hi everyone :3

Demise

Army Strong
I honestly went through the whole game like 95% of the time without a shield, my wooden one broke right away, I bought and iron that broke from a Beamos right away, and I bought a Sacred Shield that broke on a Beamos also, But the way I play, I don't even really need a shield, I will probably get the Hylian Shield in Hero Mode just for the 100%, but I don't even ever really use shield really, same goes for OoT, as soon as I unfroze King Zora I went out to get the Biggorons Sword, Which I used all the way through OoT until the very end when you slay Ganon, I just don't care to much about shields.

btw
I'm new here
Hi everyone :3

Welcome man, this is a good forum/fansite.

Whens the "No Shield" option? xD Well I wasn't fond of the shields so I went shieldless untill I got the Hylian Shield! Link looks pretty darn cool just with a sword though. :P

L

Link's Tunic

The first dungeon I used the wooden shield since I think that is the only one available at that point in the game, the second dungeon I used the iron shield since the wooden shield is completely useless in there. After the third dungeon I am sure your able to get the goddess shield however not 100% sure on that. Anyway I'm using the fully upgraded goddess shield now and will probably keep this until the end of the game.

for skyview i used wooden after that i used the iron after i upgrade that and when entering the ancient cistern i used the best upgrade of iron shield but then scervero that guy broke my best iron shield :( i was pissed so bought a other shield after that i bought the sacred shield upgrade to the goddes shield and then use that the rest of the game i was to lazy to get the hylian shield

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I used the Goddess Shield for the majority of the game (once it was available) but I do have every final form for each shield because I liked collecting them, although I didn't use them much. I recently got the Hylian Shield and I just put my others away so the only one I carry is the Hylian Shield whereas I used to carry each shield. I was really prepared for one of them to break. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom