• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What season is it in Breath of the Wild?

What season?

• Total voters

GrogStan

ahhhhhhhhh
I don't really think botw's hyrule has seasons. It always seemed like the game takes place over a few years to me and there's no real changes in the weather overtime. Though that's probably just cu'z the devolpers didn't wanna program it in. But, the climate does seem to be more controlled by the placement of Death mountain than proximity to the sun, since the colder areas are on the complete opposite side of the map. Why there's no seasons i'm not too sure of from a lore perspective. I mean, maybe it's because Hyrule was created by gods so it's more it's own self contained kingdom rather than part of a planet.

I was watching a video somewhere analyzing TotK (I think it was Zeltik or Monster Maze (maybe NBC)) and they mentioned how the Great Plateau that used be snowy was no longer snowy, meaning it was closer to spring or summer, and also the sun moved across the sky in the new TotK trailers. They placed BotW around fall, and suggested that TotK takes place half a year later in spring. Which was actually convincing, considering the different placement of the sun in the new game. So I'm changing my answer to fall, I guess also explaining Akkala.

I was watching a video somewhere analyzing TotK (I think it was Zeltik or Monster Maze (maybe NBC)) and they mentioned how the Great Plateau that used be snowy was no longer snowy, meaning it was closer to spring or summer, and also the sun moved across the sky in the new TotK trailers. They placed BotW around fall, and suggested that TotK takes place half a year later in spring. Which was actually convincing, considering the different placement of the sun in the new game. So I'm changing my answer to fall, I guess also explaining Akkala.
This will be interesting to pick up, when we get our hands on the game. It will be nice if there are seasonal changes between the two games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom