• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What`s Your Favorite Video Game Series?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite video game series is currently Kingdom Hearts. Yea, I'd normally say LoZ but the past three installments have been standard video games, but worse Zelda games.

Anyway, the KH series is consistently the same as the last in that each title offers a fairly decent story, excellent (if limited at times...staring at 3D) gameplay, and near perfect visuals. Even when they've jumped around to lower-graphically inclined hardware (the DS), SQEX, Nomura and co have still crafted great looking games.

Oh, and the poignancy of Roxas. <3

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Legend of Zelda, naturally.
Myst/Uru
Mass Effect, so long as we pretend ME3 never happened.

Elder Scrolls - Best Western RPG ever. Morrowind is the greatest one of them.

NBA 2K - Only real basketball game anymore since NBA Live tanked. (NBA Live sucked anyway)

Knights of the Old Republic - Star Wars RPGs. What more do you want? The Old Republic MMO sucks.

Civilization - IV is the greatest strategy game ever. V is fun for its own reasons, but IV is more epic and grand while V is more user friendly (which frankly makes it less fun)

Bethesda's Fallout series is too new for me to consider a favorite. We'll see once Fallout IV comes out. New Vegas is flawless, though it wasn't even developed by Bethesda.

Metroid is my favourite series despite Other M's existence (which i like to ignore) the series has never put a foot wrong. Its wonderful fun to play and the lever design is stellar. Games like Prime and Super are drnched in menace and games like Fusion and Zero Mission are just thrill rides.

Can't wait for more.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Metal Gear Solid and Legend of Zelda.

EDIT: Final Fantasy too, if you only count it up to FF7, which imo, was the last good one.

EDIT2: How on earth could I forget Ace Attorney...

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series. It's what got me into gaming. It's also what brought me here to ZD and there isn't anything like it.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Super Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda series. Pretty much these series are my favorites. Super Mario being my main favorite one ever.

Final Fantasy.

This series holds a majority of my favorite games, mostly with Final Fantasy X, IV, VI, and especially IX.

In fact, I think that Final Fantasy IX might just be the greatest game ever.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Gotta catch em all

LOZ tops all others. That is the idea of this forum. Other than that I've got to say Pokemon cannot be beat. You're always getting new games and creatures. It's an RPG, but it's so simple and fun everyone can enjoy it. (Final Fantasy and others suffer from being unable to appeal to everyone.) They are portable and fun to play with friends. The fun just never stops in the world of Pokemon. X and Y I'm preordering. My one complaint is that kids these days don't know the fun of the Gameboy games, the tv show, and the Movie. It was a craze that swept the nation that I will never forget.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My favorite video game series are: -
1) The Legend of Zelda series
2) Diablo series
3) Warcraft/World of Warcraft series
4) Gothic series
5) Dragon Age series
6) Dizzy series

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I've been giving this some more thought, and I'll say that my favorite series is a tie between Zelda ad Pokemon.

Zelda has my top 3 favorite games of all time in its franchise and a bunch of others that I really, really like as well, but it also has some that are either just alright or in one case a steaming pile of tripe. Pokemon, on the other hand, has consistently produced stellar games (main series, anyway - I don't keep up with any of the side stuff) and I value each of the games generation-to-generation about equally. Plus I actually get more hardcore with Pokemon than I do Zelda, having put upwards of 1000 hours into the games over time.

So yeah, they're both about equal to me.

After those two, probably Metroid.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If I were to say one, it'd be Super Smash Bros. It's primarily due to Brawl, but the original N64 game is what gives it that little edge over other franchises for me, given my immense nostalgia for it. It was my first Nintendo game, man! Introduced me to so much. It all started with Smash Bros...

Other huge favourites are Mario, Zelda, Crash Bandicoot and Metroid. These are the series that I follow as much as I can. Metroid was one I only got into recently (some months ago), I've been following Zelda since 2008, but with Mario and Crash, I've been into them as long as I have their consoles.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Legend of Zelda is my favorite series, with the Paper Mario series coming close second (I hope they come out with a "TTYD 2" like game for Wii U to put the series back on the perfect track).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom