• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What role will the Master Sword play?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
We might want to assume that BotW2 builds upon the 'true' ending of BotW1, with Link having the master sword in possession. Personally, I wonder what will happen to it in this game. It seems like Link has it with him when they were exploring the underground. Seeing the corpse more or less is Ganondorf, the master sword must be vital in defeating him.. It that's the case, how would the game play out, should we have it with us from the beginning? Or will it be laid to rest in the Korok Forest? Will we just be able to fetch it, or do we have to re-earn it somehow? It that's not the case, will this mean that weapon durability will be completely removed from the game since we now have the Master Sword from the beginning? Will it be rechargeable this time too?

I admit myself a bit confused. What do you think?

Last edited:
Link has the Master Sword on him in the trailer, however if the Zonai arm (which it totally is a Zonai arm) gives him new powers I wonder how useful the Master Sword will even be.

The Master Sword has had a lock and key kind of relationship with Ganondorf so perhaps the Zonai could only stasis lock Ganondorf without the Master Sword.

Or maybe the Zonai were trying to replicate the power of the Master Sword to seal Ganondorf. We know they were talented magic users...

Perhapsbthe Zonai arm could power up the Master Sword and stop it from breaking all the damn time. Maybe the Zonai arm kicks Fi out of it for being ****.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I imagine link will start out with it this time. It would be strange not to though if players didn't get it in BoTW 1 then there will be a continuity error there.

As for whether link will keep it or it will be taken or broken by Ganondorf early on remains to be seen. It is one of the only weapons that can hurt Ganondorf so I imagine it will be essential this time around.

You can kill malice creatures with sticks and I was wondering why Ganon was so weak and could be hurt with them and other normal weapons in BotW. BoTW2's trailer confirms they were only his phantoms however and this is even including Calamity Ganon and Dark Beast. Now it makes sense to me how you could take them down so easy.

Ganondorf himself on the other hand has always required the MS or silver arrow to kill. They even changed the 3DS version of OOT's final battle first phase to ensure you couldn't defeat the Dorf without the Master Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom