• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Remakes Do You Want?

What classic (or modern) game do you want to be recreated? And why? It can be about turning a bad game into a good game, or just upgrading its visuals if you want.

For me, I want a remake of Super Metroid. I'm talking about a first person-shooter style, full-fledged story, and visually stunning Super Metroid without any stupid scanning. Also, I want a HD remake of Twilight Princess. I think it's only right, since Wind Waker's getting one. Also, considering how good it looked with the Gamecube's sub-par graphics, it would have the potential to be one of the prettiest games out there, especially if they beef up the palette a bit.

Dan

I actually don't want to see many games remade, especially when it comes to 16-bit games. I see them as looking fine as they are. The only games I don't mind seeing remade are ones from the PS1, N64, Saturn era, duel to the limited polygons at the time, most games didn't age well, and look pretty bad compared to today. I think Zelda OOT "remake" was actually a perfect example of a decent remake, but I think that's simply because it runs on the same engine ,just has better graphics ,a few tweaks and bug fixes.

Regardless I think all these remakes are getting rather annoying and I'm getting tired of seeing a game rereleased in HD in poor buggy conditions. That's my stance on remakes but now I will move onto the actual threads question. ;p

Majoras mask, I'd love to see them tackle this game, I'm hoping they actually do so one day. Once again if you are playing this thing on the N64, expect blurry visuals if the camera isn't 30cm next to the object you are viewing. I've seen this game run on emulators and "ported" over to the VC, , gamecube and it looks amazing, it's such a shame the N64's hardware was pulling it down. Sadly I hear a lot of those ports can be buggy and game breaking. So a remake on the 3DS wouldn't go amiss, and who wouldn't want to see the moon packeted with MORE polygons!

007 goldeneye 64, I mean a real remake, not the one on wii. Game sadly suffers from N64s blurware, and I just want to play a multiplayer map again with vents leading into the toilets, is that too much to ask. :(

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh man, one of the games I'd want to see remade would be Gladius. That game was so cool and very fun, I was addicted to it when I started playing it. Well, it still is a great game as it is, but I'd love to see it remade and with lots of added stuff, with first and foremost an option to rename your school gladiators. I wouldn't care about the story, the story in the game was awesome. :nod:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Star Ocean Till the End of Time HD for PS3/Wii U
Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS
Ocarina of Time HD for Wii U
Twilight Princess 2.0 HD for Wii U (instead of TWWHD)
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD...oh wait, it's already coming :right:

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Preferably none. Although I appriciate remakes and ports (I know a lot of people hate them, but if it makes a rare game work on modern hardware, then I don't really mind), I don't think we should focus on endlessly releasing the same game. I think that a lot of the charm in classic games lies in its graphics and music. Some remakes are done well, but there are quite a few that completely ruin the original game.

If I had to pick something, though... I'd probably pick Nintendo 64 games. Unlike 2D graphics, the Nintendo 64's 3D hasn't aged all that well. I'm not saying that they should do remakes of the entire Nintendo 64 library, but titles like Majora's Mask and Goldeneye 007 could look so much nicer if they had been made for more modern hardware. They still look great, though!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Donkey Kong 64...it needs something. VC, a release....anything.
Majora's Mask. But honestly, I'd rather have any 3D game remade instead of Wind Waker...
Super Mario 64...and a GOOD remake this time. >(

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I wouldn't want any 2D games remade in 3D because the whole point of remaking it would be thrown out the window. A remake's purpose is to recreate the original game on today's standards while also maintaining everything that made the original amazing. If you take say Super Metroid and give it first person view in a 3D world, it would probably be amazing, but would feel like something totally different than the SNES classic. The same could be said for pretty much any 2D game. If you took any Zelda game from GB(A) or (S)NES and put it in a 3D world, you would be playing it feeling like it was new and wouldn't even be able to have nostalgic moments like "oh I remember this when i was a kid" or "wow this brings back memories". With that being said, I don't really care much for remakes unless they add extra stuff. I'd like to see Majora's Mask remade with a week cycle and more dungeons. This would add WAY more content to the game and add hours upon hours for the player to complete. Don't get me wrong, I love remakes if they are done right... but just HD'ing a game or giving it a complete graphical makeover just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm generally not a fan of remakes. I think they make pretty cool novelty games, but they're not what I usually would ask for from a company.
That aside, I want an aLttP remake on the 3DS, done in about the same way Final Fantasy IV was remade for the DS. There should also be some inclusion of the BS game on it, along with the orchestral themes and voice-acting that was on it (if Nintendo could ever dig those up).
Oh yeah, might as well list the rest of the RPGs from the SNES and Playstation. There are so many to name, but off the top of my head, I'd like remakes of Earthbound (COME ON NINTENDO), Super Mario RPG, Grandia, the Breath of Fire games, Brain Lord, 7th Saga, and Chrono Cross. I would have put one of the Final Fantasy games, but I really think that's not the direction Square Enix should take at the moment.

S

ShnookieDWookie

I would really like to see a modern Extreme G Racing game. That or Conkers Bad Fur Day. Either would make me nostalgia hard.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
When i think about remakes then games like Resident Evil 2 and Morrowind spring to mind but if I had a choice and only one choice I would have Little Big Adventure 2 remade. I don't know if anyone remembers this (or has even heard of it) but I played the fudge out of this as a kid. Such a great game.
304-little-big-adventure-2-13.jpg

18865_full.jpg

littlebigadventure2.jpg

It had everything: mystery, wizards, space aliens, a flying dinosaur, elephants, jetpacks, a car, a pregnant girlfriend, pointy hats and great music too. It was an awesome game :)

For these games i'd rather we just get sequels but if they don't happen then i'll settle with remakes

Killer Instinct Gold/2
F-Zero GX
Silent Hill 1
Pokemon Snap
State of Emergency

and a better remake of Mario 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom