• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What project would an advanced civilization be possibly working on?

In Star Wars, the Death Star superlaser based on weaponizing kyber crystals was the big project the type III civilization of the Star Wars galaxy was working on. What other big project could a Type III civilization (one that has already achieved Faster than light travel) could be working on developing? Forget teleportation, time travel and the containment of a singularity. I have deemed all 3 of those to be impossible in my Type III civilization. What else could be the big project?

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
They gave the first Robot citizenship not to long ago.
The creator of the robot said he wants these things to be everywhere in 20 years.

Aewon

Emperor of the Flesh-Eating Replicators
I don't think the Star Wars civilization is Type III. They are advanced enough to harness the total energy of a star (as seen in The Force Awakens), but not nearly advanced enough to harness the total energy of an entire galaxy. The Kardashev scale is about energy consumption, not how far they've been able to explore/colonise. If that had been the case we would've been on the verge of becoming a Type II civilization, but we aren't even Type I.

As for the question, well, there is evidence for at least one civilization building a Dyson sphere. That is something that I would love to see in Star Wars by the way. That's a Type II thing, though. Perhaps they could make nano-spheres around every star in their home galaxy. What I mean by nano-spheres is trillions upon trillions of microscopic nano bots surrounding the stars. Their function would be similar to that of Dyson spheres. They would also be too small for early space-faring races to discover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom