• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Physical Exercising Do You Do?

When I remember, I do around 40 pushups and/or 10 to 20 minutes on the treadmill. Not too much, but its something. Oh yeah, and Judo twice a week during the school year.

Last edited:

Dan

None, I've tried to do regular exercise but couldn't stick to it.
only the mods know what I do now in their special forum which is now blessed by my posts.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I really, really need to exercise more consistently. I do a lot of random things. I bike to work in the summer, and hike and walk long walks sometimes. This summer, Caleb and I have been working outside on some house repairs, and I hauled a lot of buckets of dirt and rocks..I have a lot more upper arm strength now than I did at the beginning of summer.
For my job, I run up and down a flight of stairs many, many times a day - on average 25 times, sometimes a lot less, sometimes a lot more. I am used to it, but it can still tire me out.

That's the extent of it at this time :(

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Well Im very much into exercise and being fit. I eat right and I love to exercise. Im trying to build muscle on my arms, legs and thighs. Just yesterday I was able to do my first set of push ups xD I was so proud

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
my favorite is hiking in the woods. next is swimming. i still do some gymnastics and yoga too.

my husband and i are avid bikers. we have even gone downtown in the middle of the night and taken the elevator up parking garages to ride down the winding hill. i don't do mountain biking though- too lazy, lol

i like water skiing too if that is considered exercise

Nicole

luke is my wife
As of right now, six days a week I go to a three-hour volleyball practice. Here we perform a multitude of exercises - not simply play the game. We do run shuttles. We do endurance jumping. Sometimes we do stations. Yesterday, we did ab workout stations. There were about fifteen different stations where we would work thirty seconds each on various ab workouts, including crunches, yoga stretching, scissors, planks, side crunches, reverse crunches, and more. The day prior we ran a really good endurance course. We'd have to shuffle or sprint from station to station, doing things like burpees (the first time I've ever done those lol), squats, pushups, dips, "Apollo skaters," step-ups, and more. Those are two very rigorous courses that I hope to start integrating to the exercising I currently do at home.

Now, the exercising I do at home is basically practice basketball anywhere from two to four hours - after my three hour volleyball meets. To warm up for my own basketball practices, I start by jogging a mile around the field by my house. The walk from the field back to my house is good to cool down my heart rate but still keep myself warmed up. After this, I play wallball with myself. I use my softball glove and my agility ball - a six pronged ball that bounces crazily. I do this to warm up my left arm for basketball. It really helps get my arm in a good groove for shooting. Of course, it also tones my softball fielding skills. The agility ball is something many baseball/softball athletes do to prepare themselves for crazy hops that the ball sometimes takes when fielding. Once I feel I'm ready to, I'll pull out the basketball and just work on my shooting, post moves, or ball handling. I've recently integrated a drill that Ganondork told me his dad has him do for basketball. I won't finish my practice sessions until I make 9 out of 10 free throws. I really like that drill, and I've already seen a significant improvement in my foul shooting ability.

Once basketball season starts, my sports practice will be even more rigorous. Basketball is a far more athletic sport than volleyball in my opinion, and as such we will perform many more running, endurance, and agility drills (suicides yay) in addition to skills practice. We also use the weight room as a team in basketball, which I haven't managed to motivate myself to use outside of basketball. I love the weight room, and I know I need it as I really can't even do a push-up or a pull-up. My upper-body strength is severely lacking. I get my strength from my legs (buns and thighs *****es). My coach has said that I really need to make myself stronger, being a post player and all, and it's true. I kind of let myself get pushed around on the court a lot, which I attribute more so to my mentality than to my strength. I don't like being very physical with people, I'd rather work on finesse, but that's probably not an option for me lol.

This is funny that I'm posting here because I was actually at a family picnic today and didn't get to exercise at all, which was incredibly frustrating for me. I took two weeks off from exercising and it was awful getting back into it; I don't want to take anymore days off.

Last edited:

Joy

The Sexy One
I am unfortunately the kind of girl who eats a square of chocolate and gains ten kilos. :sweat:
So therefore I do my best to keep fit : I run every other day for 15-25 minutes, I walk (the days I don't run) for a hour with the dog, I do fencing 3 times a week for an hour and a half and physicals for an hour on Mondays although I skip it sometimes because otherwise my thighs would be the size of tree trunks and I do not want that to happen. ;)

And I'm sure waitressing counts.

Physical Exercise . . .?

373464_284952564885786_626779245_q.jpg

But seriously, I just don't have time unfortunatley. Besides walking around school/walking my dog, I do nothing. I come home from school and it's straight to chores; laundry, dishes, other cleaning, and cooking at least 5 nights a week . . . then homework.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I love to exercise. It's part of my daily routine. :D

To avoid writing out an entire schedule, here's a basic thing of what I would do the most;

I swim, I cycle, I jog, I run, I climb, I do push ups and sit ups and I walk. That last one doesn't seem to be a huge amount of exercise, but when you're walking with a heavy bag on your back, it really makes the difference.

I'm not an incredibly active person, but I do enjoy keeping fit and I do enjoy exercising. Not for the aesthetics, but simply to keep myself fit and healthy. I'm not muscular by any stretch of the imagination, but I have great stamina and drive.

Perhaps if I changed my diet to be more protein and carbohydrate orientated i'd build a bit of muscle. But for now, i'm fine eating garbage :P

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
For me, it is a necessity. I am a wrestler. I wrestle at the high school and international level. (I go to other countries for tournaments). So I do about 3-4 workouts every day and a 2 hour practice everyday. This sport is literally all I do, that is why I have been absent for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom