• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Physical Exercising Do You Do?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just a few moments ago a convo in the shoutbox got me to thinking. Anyway, what kinds of exercising do you do and why, if you can help it? For those who don't do any at all, why don't you exercise?

Me, I usually do sets of twenty (20) pushups [male version, unmodified], along with twenty (20) crunches. Almost every night I try to do those. Every once in a while, I lift a 35 pound dumbbell ten (10) times with each arm. Even more rarely, though, I do around 20 pullups underhand (or overhand, depends on the mood). My motives for doing those exercises? I don't want to become overweight, I don't want to be necessarily scrawny, and I don't want to be utterly defenseless in a fight -- you never know when you'll get in one.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I love you. SO much.
But you need to work out more if you wanna stand any chance in a fight. As puberty does give you more muscle strength and girth, it doesn't make you stronger exactly. Especially doing 20 push ups. Gradually increase it. If you do 20 of each and they dont burn very much, you need to do more.

If anyone plays baseball, you know good and well the crap we do. I can say im quite in shape, and I go to the gym and run often. ;D

Big Octo

=^)
I attend the gym regularly, sometimes for cardio exercise, and sometimes to build muscle. I'm appreciative of the good equipment provided by them.

When I remember, crunches. When I don't remember i.e., most days, nothing. I live in a house where we are expected to do chores, and once one is done, no one knows what another one would be until I have walked back down into the basement, I.e., video game area. Thus, I walk up and down stairs a lot. And do sit ups(because I sit down, and the get up again? It's a play on words.)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
5 times a week I got o the gym to do some strength training for little over an hour. Have gained 24 pounds ever since I started working out and am looking to gain even more, Body fat is at 9% and heart is healthy :)
Then don't forget my boxing sessions once in a while!

So, For the most part I'm perfectly healthy and am neither overweight or underweight. Have a nice body on the beach and keep challenging myself in the gym =D

EDIT: 35 pounds?.. meh, I do 62 pounds, 10 times for one arm, 3 sets.. That weight just keeps growing for every month. ;)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For exercise, I usually walk laps around my neighborhood. And my neighborhood is HUGE, so I get plenty of walking done. I don't normally do it in the summer, though, because I hate the summer. It's way too hot for me and I hate being hot... Usually I turn into a shut-in during summertime, which isn't something I'm proud of. I do try to shake off that habit, but as soon as I step outside to go take a nice long walk... The hot air hits me... And I just sort of cease functioning. Honestly, summer heat is like a natural bane for me...

I typically do about 25 push-ups, 50 crunches, and a few 1-1.5 minute planks - along with some additional miscellaneous exercises occassionally. I also usually work out a few times a week at the gym and do various exercises there. I also play tennis and basketball often. Furthermore, I have a punching bag in my garage that I use sometimes.

Primarily, I exercise to be in shape and of course it's never a bad thing with the ladies either. Also, it can be a great stress reducer, as it both gets your mind off certain things and allows you to exert your energy. And sometimes it's pretty fun to test your body to its limit and attempt to do better than you have before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom