• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Other "fandoms" Have You Been a Part Of?

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
What other fandoms have you been a part of, and what kind of activities did you do? If you are like my friend and listing them all would take all day, feel free to just mention favorites. *g*

For those who are unfamiliar with the term "fandom" - here is the wikipedia entry. To me, it's just when your level of interactivity with other fans is fairly high.

My first fandom was Sailor Moon. That was also my first experience with fanfiction. I stumbled across an "alternate universe" fic and didn't know what to make of the concept but was intrigued. Eventually I wrote some myself. I wasn't so great at it, being a beginner, but both websites that used to house my stories are down, so at least it's not out there taunting me.

My next significant fandom was Pokemon, though more of the anime than the games (which I didn't have a lot of access to, though I did play Pokemon Red.) I wrote fic in that fandom, too, and I had a fan message board I used to frequent, though not one of the big ones. And I didn't intentionally set out to collect merchandise but a lot of my friends used to get me presents that were pokemon related, like my pikachu pillow.

I count Prince of Tennis - an anime - as a fandom despite my own definition. I didn't join many communities but I got a lot of merchandise, mostly tons and tons of trading cards. It's a little embarrassing the extent I went obtain them, actually, but they are still pretty.

And here I am at ZD, where I talk to you guys and try my hand at the occasional one-shot. I am enjoying hanging out here. :) I am also going to seek out a little merchandise, but I'm trying to be more sane about it than Prince of Tennis.

I have had plenty of other fannish interests - such as Harry Potter - but those are the ones I've been most interactive with (or merchandise-seeking) and stick out best in my mind.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Far too many in the past so i'll just generalise and pick on more recent ones.

Generally anything by CLAMP. Although at this point in time my interest revolves solely around the on-going HOLiC and a few re-reads that i'm doing of Chobits, X/1999 and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
Apart from those, I also have a keen interest in Neon Genesis Evangelion, more specifically the Datenroku spin-off which only has a chapter left, and Wolf's Rain which i'm re-watching.

In the past i've been in the fandoms of Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo and generally whatever was shown on the cartoon channels during my child room. Be it anime or the cartoons of Sonic, Mario and the like.

These days, during my re-reads and re-watches I generally RP on LJ comms from some of the fandoms. While I have the urge to write some more prompted fanfiction I simply don't have the time.
Of course, that's partially also due to the fact that I not only lurk around this forum set but also the tomb raider forums which says a little of where my video game interest happens to lie.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
My fandom activity took place mostly in the following:
- LoZ
- Pokemon
- Hamtaro
- Invader Zim
- Ultra Maniac
- Lucky Star
I've had other minor interests, but those are the big ones.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
For a long time I was very much into the visual-kei/j-rock fandom, but then after a few bands got recognized in America, a swarm of ... well... not-so-great and fairly unintelligent fans hopped on the band wagon and the fanbase became even more divided than it was to begin with. I ended up leaving partially due to the elitism and the fact that my musical interests are constantly changing. Most of my money was spent on things like imported CDs (ranging from about $30-$50, plus shipping), and the Japanese music/fashion magazine called Cure. I still have a huge stack in my closet and I use a lot of the photos as references for drawings.

I was into Final Fantasy for a while, too. Mainly X and VII since it was a while before XII came out and most of us couldn't afford to keep up with FFXI which was online. VII was the craziest, though. I joined a forum that was based around the Compilation and the release of Advent Children. I wasn't particularly fond of anyone on the forums, though. Most of them came across as self-proclaimed intellects that were not afraid to outright bash anyone for making one trivial factual/grammatical error. X was okay, except I never bothered to join any communities since intellectual posts were few and far between at the time.

And now here I am at ZD. =) I think I like this fandom the most, particularly this community. I haven't encountered anyone who considers themselves to be above anyone else, nor have I met anyone that's completely out of their mind.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Zelda (This is actually my most recent one :O) Fullmetal Alchemist (Discovered when my friend gave me vol.12 of the manga :P) and Pokemon (when my friend sold me pokemon firered 2 years ago for £1.50 :P)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was younger it was into Star Wars but this was the old trilogy (makes me sound ancient :P ) and then I have been a huge Formula 1 fan for years. I even visited grand prix and bought things etc.

Later LOTR entered my life and I was and still am completely into it. I don't talk about it as often as I used to do but I still love it deeply. My whole house is a big LOTR orientated house. I have way too many stuff to name all.

And of course Hockey, Flyers and Lindros! My LOTR and Hockey obsession have made me find many great friends I cherish dearly.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm well ever since i discovered fanfiction about a year ago, i had a bit o a weird thing, all of tehm were eitehr some yaoi one-shots or some shonean ai/yaoi long storie
1.Bleach
2.Inuyasha
3.twilight
4Avatar teh last airbender
5.twilight
6.Zelda
7.dragon ball z
8.percy jackso and the olympions
9. alot others

E

Emera

Some of my fandoms have been The Legend of Zelda, Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon, Warriors, the "Tales of" series, Boktai, art, and random manga series such as Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles and Fullmetal Alchemist. That's pretty much the order they happened in but I still love all of them.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I guess the closest I have ever been to being part of another fandom is the Resident Evil series. If Zelda didn't exist, Resident Evil would be my favorite. I freakin' love that series. I'm obsessed with it like I am obsessed with Zelda. However, the closest I have ever been to being part of the Resident Evil fandom is posting in a couple RE threads back when Nintendo had its forums...

I've never been able to bring myself to participate in other fandoms... I don't know why. The fandoms themselves just don't interest me. So, while I may love other series like Resident Evil or Metroid, I haven't actually done anything more than make a few posts about them.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My first major gaming fandom was Pokemon, which dominated my gaming views for several months after I played Gold for the first time. I started collecting plushies, figures, posters...etc.

Secondly was Mario Kart Advanced, followed by the next fandom (and possibly the longest running one): Sonic.

The sonic games dominated my time for 9-10 months, I was completely obsessed. It was sonic this and sonic that. No other games in sight.

After a few more short fandoms, I moved on to Resident Evil, followed by Lord of the Rings, Animal Crossing, The Matrix, Zelda, several animes and TV shows, Zelda again and more recently- Portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom