• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What other environmental systems could Zelda Switch use?

By environmental systems i mean the likes of BotW's sound sensor for sneaking, temperature for different regions, the rain for climbing and lightning for getting outright killed without the thunderhelm.

This is a good range but could anything else be brought in for Zelda Switch?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'd like to see different weather effects having an actual effect, all ice does is make it slippery to climb but not to run over snow would slow down movement, we've got heat exhaustion, link doesn't get soggy in rain either nor does the ground turn to mud in heavy downfall it's just firm ground all the time.

I'd also like to see tracks in zelda, we see native animals everywhere but no tracks or anything of the kind, horses don't leave tracks behind them, the stables don't have any indication on the ground that horses live there (churned ground) and we don't see anything of a lynel roaming an area bar the ploymouth one and even that's arrows in trees.

I'd like to see river effects, we don't see eroded riverbanks or oxbow lakes that are only refilled in rain (good way to get some rare fishies in the game) we see waterfalls but most of them (that aren't around zora's domain) don't seem to really effect the surrounding area, you can climb right next to them and not slide down, which you would due to water spray) theres no erosion of the drop where water falls from nor much of a plunge pool which forms from again erosion.

We have a freaking active volcano, why is there a forest next to a volcano? We go from Volcano slope straight to forest, i could understand if the gorons formed lava breaks to stop this but theres no signs of that, we have akkala on the other side but it's an arid region, i'd still expect some lava flow into the area with scorched trees at the foothills or maybe some congealed lava there.

Hyrule seems to be a pretty large region so it'd be save to assume real world wise it'd have tectonic plates, i'd love some earthquakes that create or destroy minor geological features, we literally see in the form of hebra mountain the effects of this, the plateau as well. Gerudo highlands too, we see the products but not the cause.

Finally i'd have loved to have seen more of an effect of calamity ganons attack on the world, it's barren and barely has life, mostly in the outer regions, but theres not really much in the way showing the attack, some fortifications are coated in ganon goo and guardians wander around in seemingly stupid locations but we is it if it was such a massive war do we not see more ganon goo everywhere? I'd have thought it'd seep from the divine beasts to actually corrupt the regions around it, poisoning the zora lake, misting the skies near the rito for instance. We actually see some effect via rudania and naboris at least in the forms of desert storms and volcanic eruptions.

The sneak feature in the elder scrolls series would be a nice touch. There's already stealth missions/tasks in Zelda games, adding this would make those tasks a lot more fun and suspenseful. As for the weather, I think sticking to the traditional red/blue tunics for extreme temperatures would be ideal, but I think adding a more realistic touch would be better - so instead of changing just tunic color, the tunics would be more complex and suitable for that climate (Twilight Princess does this well with the Zora tunic). It'd also be cool if Nintendo added survival mechanics - such as needing to feed Link or let him sleep, that would make the game more immersive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom