• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Order Have You Done/are You Doing the Dungeons.

bunny

birb overlord
I haven't beaten the game yet, but so far,

Eastern Palace
House of Gales
Tower of Hera
Hyrule Castle (dunno if that counts, but I'll stick it here anyways)
Thieves' Hideout (my favorite dungeon yet)
Dark Palace
Turtle Rock
Skull Woods (good dungeon, but its my least favorite only because of mummies and darkness eep)

Honestly I'm just doing them in order of which one I end up closest to.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm, well I'm not terribly far into the game, I've just gotten into the Dark Real- I mean Lorule, and have been messing around seeing how far I can get without needing any new equipment. Pretty darn far, actually, even moreso than ALttP did, which really pleases me. I'm not sure what's the *correct* order to do the Lorulean dungeons in, but I can hazard a guess that the Dark Palace is first. Starting with that one, I'll just do whatever ones I feel like.

Finally, a seemingly totally non-linear Zelda experience. Man, this feels really good.

*UPDATE* I've done Dark Palace, Turtle Rock, and Skull Woods, respectively. Dunno what I'm gonna do now.

Last edited:
I did...

Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Hyrule Castle
Thieves' Town
Desert Palace
Turtle Rock
Skull Woods
Ice Palace
Dark Palace
Swamp Palace
Lorule Castle

By my standards, I would do Skull Woods last, because it is my least-favorite dungeon in A Link to the Past... (but I did like that I could avoid the majority of the dungeon because it was so non-linear). I did it somewhat early on, just to get it over with and... I wasn't necessarily in the right mind...

The Jade Fist said:
Might I ask why this is the right order?
Probably because it is done with respect to A Link to the Past's "appropriate" dungeon order, though, I think the first dungeons to do in Lorule would probably be the ones without warping back to Hyrule (Swamp Palace and Thieves' Town). Like, in the Dark World, you couldn't access the entire northeastern section without the Hookshot or Titan's Mitts unless you were sneaky with the Magic Hammer by cutting through souther Lost Woods and accessed the portal north of Kakariko, so it was only viewed as "reasonable" to the dungeons within the easiest range of access.

My first playthough of A Link to the Past, though... I had the most ridiculous dungeon order ever, because I would go in a dungeon to get the item and then leave...! xD Thanks for saving me all the trouble, Ravio~~

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I did...

Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Hyrule Castle
Thieves' Town
Desert Palace
Turtle Rock
Skull Woods
Ice Palace
Dark Palace
Swamp Palace
Lorule Castle

By my standards, I would do Skull Woods last, because it is my least-favorite dungeon in A Link to the Past... (but I did like that I could avoid the majority of the dungeon because it was so non-linear). I did it somewhat early on, just to get it over with and... I wasn't necessarily in the right mind...

Probably because it is done with respect to A Link to the Past's "appropriate" dungeon order, though, I think the first dungeons to do in Lorule would probably be the ones without warping back to Hyrule (Swamp Palace and Thieves' Town). Like, in the Dark World, you couldn't access the entire northeastern section without the Hookshot or Titan's Mitts unless you were sneaky with the Magic Hammer by cutting through souther Lost Woods and accessed the portal north of Kakariko, so it was only viewed as "reasonable" to the dungeons within the easiest range of access.

My first playthough of A Link to the Past, though... I had the most ridiculous dungeon order ever, because I would go in a dungeon to get the item and then leave...! xD Thanks for saving me all the trouble, Ravio~~
But he put turtle rock last, though its right, its like turtle rock up and walked away, and swaped with the ice dungeon. So would the Ice Ruins be the "proper" last one because of its location, or still turtle rock even though it walked away.

MW7

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet, but I'm on my last Lorule dungeon besides the final one.

Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Hyrule Castle
Thieves Town
Dark Palace
Desert Palace
Swamp Palace
Skull Woods
Turtle Rock
Ice Ruins

I'm really loving the game. I saved the Ice Ruins for last because I heard that one is the most challenging plus I love ice dungeons in general.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I haven't finished yet, but so far I've done:
Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Hyrule Castle
Thieve's Town
Swamp Palace
Skull Woods

I'm really loving this game so far. I think it is now my favourite Zelda handheld game. ^^

EDIT
I finished off about a week ago with:
Desert Palace
Dark Palace
Ice Ruins
Lorule Castle

Great game. :yes:

Last edited:
In my first play through, I did the dungeons in ~

Eastern Palace
House of Gales
Tower of Hera
Hyrule Castle
Thieves' Hideout
Swamp Palace
Turtle Rock
Ice Ruins
Dark Palace
Desert Palace
Skull Woods
Lorule Castle

I choose Swamp Palace, Ice Ruins, and Turtle Rock since Heroine of Time and fused_shadows haven't gotten to them at that time. :P

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Eastern Palace
House of Gales
Tower of Hera
Hyrule Castle
Dark Palace
Thieves' Hideout
Desert Palace
Skull Woods
Swamp Palace
Turtle Rock
Ice Ruins
Lorule Castle

I really liked the choose your own dungeon formula, made the game much more enjoyable.

Salem

SICK
In Hyrule:
  • Eastern Palace
  • House of Gales
  • Tower of Hera

In Lorule:
  • Dark Palace
  • Swamp Palace
  • Theive's Hideout
  • Skull Woods
  • Desert Palace
  • Turtle Rock
  • Ice Ruins

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Regular order in Hyrule

Lorule went:
Thieves Hideout
Swamp Palace
Desert Palace
Skull Woods
Dark Palace
Turtle Rock
Ice Ruins

I enjoy the "no right way/order" method. So much fun

I have done:

EP
house of Gales
Tower of Hera

To

Thieves hideout
Skull Woods
Desert Palace
Dark Palace
Swamp Palace
Ice Ruin
turtle Rock

So much fun~

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
So far I have completed in the following order:

Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Dark Palace
Thieves Town
Desert Palace

I've done bits and pieces of Swamp Palace, Turtle Rock, and Skull Woods. I'm not sure which one I'll complete next.

I'm saving Ice Palace for last. I have a feeling that one is gonna be tough.

Eastern Palace (duh)
House of Gales
Tower of Hera
Hyrule Castle (duh)
Swamp Palace
Turtle Rock
Dark Palace
Thieves' Town
Desert Palace
Skull Woods
Ice Ruins
Lorule Castle (duh)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I did them in no real specific order; I just went with the flow. Here's my order anyway:

Eastern Palace
Tower of Hera
House of Gales
Hyrule Castle (I don't really count this as a dungeon though)
Thieves' Hideout
Desert Palace
Ice Ruins
Skull Woods
Swamp Palace
Dark Palace
Turtle Rock
Lorule Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom