• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What order do you recommend completing Divine Beasts?

118 shrines down and I have yet to do any of the beast so I have no idea what to expect.
Disappointment.

As to the question posed by OP (even though by now it's moot, others may still take interest):

Do the Zora's first if you keep getting killed
Do the Goron's first if you need some help in combat
Do the Rito first if you want to get the easiest Beast out of the way
Do the Gerudo's first if you're new to the combat system and you want to get your ass handed to you on a platter by your first boss. It seems that Thunderblight is objectively the hardest to fight from what I hear, and if you don't know how to do perfect dodges or parries, I imagine he would wreck one's ****.

Last edited:

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I went with Zora > Gerudo > Rito > Goron. Of course, I didn't look up an order and did the hardest one second because I didn't know any better. Based on difficulty and the fact that Mipha's Grace is SUPER useful, I'd say Zora > Rito > Goron > Gerudo. Though, I will say that getting Urbosa's Fury early on did save my bacon a lot of times.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Now that I've done three of them, I would say to do the Goron one first could be a good idea. Daruk's Protection is really great and the dungeon and boss is really easy.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I did Zora>Gerudo>Rito>Goron.

I recommend the Zora one first, because Mipha's Grace is the best upgrade (In my opinion)
The EASY TO HARD boss list for me goes: Goron>Rito>Zora>Gerudo so if you're not a good fighter, you might want to try this order first.
The Goron one is also by FAR the easiest divine beast, followed by the Rito, than the Zora, then the Gerudo, so if you're not good at puzzles, try that order.

MW7

I did Gerudo > Zora > Rito > Goron (also I didn't do Gerudo until after about 40 shrines)
Next playthrough I will do Rito > Zora > Goron > Gerudo (I'll take the road to Kakariko and then go straight to Rito Village)

I think that Rito has the most useful skill because it would have been enormously helpful earlier in the game for reaching towers and climbing cliffs when you don't have much stamina. The other three make combat easier which to me is not that special. I mean with patience you could defeat anything in the game with no upgrades to health, armor, or weapons. There are certain exploration activities that would essentially be impossible early in the game without the Rito skill. It really wasn't that long ago that I couldn't climb every cliff. Also it can help you avoid rain ruining a climb. I think back to how much more fun I could have had if I did the Rito dungeon before anything else. I think the Rito skill is even more superior on subsequent playthroughs because you will already be accustomed to combat, but the ability to basically shoot yourself up in the air would be helpful no matter how much skill you have.

Also one final note about order is that Gerudo is the only one that actually adds challenge to the game by completing it. The skill you obtain can offset the negative repercussions, but it should be a factor in what order you do.

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Now that I've done all Divine Beasts, I think the order depends on how you want to play. I do think either the Goron or the Rito one should be done first, which depends on whether you want an ability that will help you get around easier (Rito) or one that will be helpful during combat (Goron). These two beasts are the easiests to do both in terms of dungeon design and boss fight. If you want to have a build-up sense in terms of dungeon design, then do Goron first, becaus it definitely is the less interesting dungeon IMO (though the build-up to it is pretty nice).

The Zora dungeon is a little more complicated and the boss fight is a step up from Goron/Rito. The ability is definitely useful, but is really more valuable after you start building up your hearts. In the beginning fairies are just as useful.

The Gerudo dungeon is the most complicated out of the four and the boss fight is the hardest out of the four. At the same time the ability gained is dead useful in combat. It is the dungeon that unlocks the most for you IMO, and there's a really cool item you can get after completing it.

So my recommendation is to do either:
Goron > Rito > Zora > Gerudo
or
Rito > Goron > Zora > Gerudo

However I do recommend visiting the areas early on to obtain some cool gear. The Zora gear is without a doubt the coolest in the game for me.

I recommend Zora first, and then Goron, and then Gerudo, and finally Rito. Mostly because Mipha/Sidon is the best and Revali is the worst and Thunderblight is way to hard without Daruk's Protection.

Vah Ruta of the Zora > Vah Naboris of the Gerudo > Vah Medoh of the Rito > Vah Rudania of the Goron
The first beast I was close to was the Gerudo Vah Naboris but I had read that this was the hardest, so I decided not to start with it. I found a Zora in a river who told me to meet Prince Sidon, and I did Vah Ruta first. It took me a couple of attempts, on Vah Naboris, then I went to Medoh and I am now on Rudania. Vah Ruta and Vah Naboris and Vah Medoh are super easy to enter, but Vah Rudania was challenging and I used stasis and ancient arrows on the drones. In terms of the actual bosses, I would say this order of hardness, from easy to hard.

Vah Ruta of the Zora > Vah Medoh of the Rito > Vah Rudania of the Gorons > Vah Naboris of the Gerudo

Last edited:
I followed the "story" after leaving the Great Plateau headed to Kariko and from there the Zoras were closest so I went there. Then worked my way around counter clockwise. Goron, Rito, Gerudo. Tried to stay spoiler free in my approach. Having said that I wish I would've known about the Rito. Revali's Gale is so helpful in exploring that I might go there first.

I followed the "story" after leaving the Great Plateau headed to Kariko and from there the Zoras were closest so I went there. Then worked my way around counter clockwise. Goron, Rito, Gerudo. Tried to stay spoiler free in my approach. Having said that I wish I would've known about the Rito. Revali's Gale is so helpful in exploring that I might go there first.
I definitely recommend vah Ruta first because Waterblight Ganon is a pretty simple boss and Miphas Grace is very helpful when fighting the other bosses later on. Then I would probably go vah Medoh, because it’s the easiest to get to and Revalis Gale is perfect for travelling and it has a very fast recharge time. Then I would probably go to vah Naboris in the Gerudo (you can use revalis gale to help you get there) and you can travel there at night with the cold armour you acquired from the shop before vah Medoh. Although Naboris is the hardest, Urbosas Fury is very useful for Fireblight Gabon’s second phase and for talus’s and hinox fights. Rudania is last because it’s the hardest to get to, but you can acquire an elixir from I think it’s foothill stable. Rudania has the most challenging dungeon, and Daruks protection is only extremely useful when fighting’s guardians or things with lasers. So my recommended orders are:
Ruta>Medoh>Naboris>Rudania
Or....
Ruta>Rudania>Medoh>Naboris

I recommend going either: Zora > Goron > Rito or Zora > Rito > Goron with Gerudo last due to the above mentioned "Harder enemies".

Recently I did do a run through with the following: Gerudo > Goron > Rito > Zora Just to spice things up a bit.

Last edited:
Yeah because the Zoras is kind of one you start without meaning to just by exploring, well it was for me, I had no clue it would lead to a divine beast and the Gerudo town was the same. But the Rito i specifically headed there for the divine beast and the same with the Gorons. But yeah the Gorons are the hardest to get to and the Rito are the easiest. Gerudo is fine if you have enough food. You can cheat the Zoe’s domain if you just keep cryonising up the Zora river u will get there handy tip :)

Probably this:

Medoh>Ruta>Rudania>Naboris

Medoh is in the upper left corner(which is what usually denotes that something is supposed to be first in something ordered like a list), you can see it from anywhere, and it's in a plains-like area which is a common starting area in games, and unlike, say, the Ruta quest which makes you either face a Lynel(one of the tougher enemies) or sneak around him and take the risk of him catching you as you snatch Shock Arrows, Teba straight up gives you the Bomb Arrows after a short two minute round of easy target practice, and the Divne Beast fight plus the dungeon and boss fight(Windblight Ganon) are all the easiest ones in the game. Revali's Gale is really useful for this early in the game, and also helps you in the Ruta area, which is the next easiest, and which gives you Mipha's Grace. It's a bit harder to get to the Rudania area in the right temperature than the first two, and the DB's fight is harder than the first two, and it has a dark beginning. The Gerudo quest is the most complicated with the most steps, and the dungeon and boss are the hardest with it adding an important permanent combat change to the game that you should wait until you're ready for it, and this difficulty is at the end of this order making it a sendoff of the four DBs.

Last edited:

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
My first playthrough of BotW had me go from Ruta to Rudania to Naboris to Medoh and then off course to the DLC Vah Epon (Master Cycle Zero)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom