• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What order do you recommend completing Divine Beasts?

I've only beaten the Zora one so far (spending most of my time doing side quests and completing Shrines). Where should I head next? Most people seem to think the Gerudo one is the hardest, would you agree with that? Basically, I want the last one I beat to be the best experience, the most enjoyable to complete. The Gerudo one seems the best bet for that, in my opinion.

Anyway, what do you think? Putting everything together (difficulty, overall enjoyment), what order should I tackle the other three Divine Beasts in?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Gerudo last, because afterwards you are chased around the map by a bunch of red suited treacherous bastards for the whole damn game. I'd actually do the Rito first because the upgrade you get from completing it is helpful for travel. Then Zora for Mipha's Grace. So, Rito>Zora>Goron>Gerudo

If you want the best experience, you've already done it unfortunately. But Gerudo is 2nd.

Zora > Rito > Goron > Gerudo

The prizes you get for each dungeon are very useful out in the field so I'd recommend this order so you can have more fun exploring in the overworld.

And like Jamie said, after Gerudo the overworld enemies get stronger and can be a pain early in the game.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I only got Vah Rudania left. I didn't go in a particular order. I just went a direction and decided to stick around and explore and then went after the Titan. So my order is Rito >Gerudo >Zora >Goron. But like others suggested you could do Gerudo the last because for the same reasons as they stated.

I done them in the order you're loosely guided it Zora>Goron>Gerudo>Rito, and that seemed fine.

I don't actually think Thunderblight Ganon in itself isn't that much more difficult to beat compared to the others... the difference is that the strategy needed is more unique... figuring it out is the difficult bit.
The strategies needed to fight the others you will almost certainly have experienced in some form before facing them, but you probably need to have done the Faron Province to get an idea of the strategy for him, which you may not have done.
As for the enemies... I don't find the Yiga too annoying... they only spawn in certain places, so once you've figured them out, you can just avoid them... or you can just run straight though, ignoring them... and they're not overly difficult to beat either... I found the increasing enemy colours more annoying.

The powers of the Champions I would probably rate Gerudo>Goron>Zora>Rito.
Urbosa's Fury if anything is too good, and would give you a huge advantage if you got it earlier in the game.
Daruk's Protection is very handy as well, but can be wasted in certain situations.
Mipha's Grace is pretty handy, but the effects can essentially be replicated with food, etc.
Revali's Gale is only really needed for a handful of Korok Seeds, and comes in handy for a few end game bits... climbing gear and extra stamina will get you most places you need to go earlier in the game, and if you do need an updraft, you can just start a few fires.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'm gonna tackle Rito next and leave Gerudo for last, simply because I can't stand the idea of being constantly harassed by Yiga Clan members (honestly, those guys are annoying enough already).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I did Ruta, Rudania, Medoh then Naboris.

I recommend this order. Naboris is in my opinion the most challenging and should be saved for last.

The order I did them was Zora, Rito, Goron, Gerudo, and, based on the rewards, this is the exact order I think was the most useful

Pen

The game is on!
I did them on order Rito -> Gerudo -> Zora -> Goron, however that's not the order I'd recommend to anyone.

I recommend doing Rito -> Zora -> Goron -> Gerudo, so basically the same as I did myself but with Gerudo at the end instead. I personally found Revali's Gale to be extremely handy and smooth to have access to, which is why I wanna start with the Rito. Then I thought the Zora part was pretty easy so it's good to do it second. Besides I like Mipha's Grace a lot too. Then I'd do the Goron part because it's also not overly hard. I thought the dungeon and the dungeon boss were pretty easy. The most challenging part of it for me was getting to Goron City to buy the fire resistant armor because I had no fire resistant meals or potions. Anyway, I'd save the Gerudo bit for last because I thought it was the most challenging. Entering the Device Beast, getting through the dungeon, and fighting the boss there was all quite challenging to me.

I did them Zora>Rito>Gerudo>Goron, but similar to others - definitely not the recommended order.

The only ones I'd say for sure is Rito first - as Revali's Gale makes the other dungeons and exploring in general much less trouble - and Goron as one of the middle ones - as it's by far the weakest section of the four, and to begin or end with that one would be disappointing (as it was for me, having had a blast just before in the Gerudo bit).

Out of curiosity, what armor did everyone use to face Thunderblight Ganon?
This is the only one where you weren't guided to the best element resistance armor on your way there, so I'm guessing most people weren't properly prepared for it.
The armor set you get along the way there is the Gerudo set, which is awful... but you can also get the Desert Voe set along the way as well (what I used) which is quite a bit better, and afterwards I also realised that I could have the Rubber set by that point as well, which should be even better than that.

Just a normal set of armour. Probably the Hylian set or Sheikah set at that point. Doesn't matter what you're wearing if you don't get hit ;)

118 shrines down and I have yet to do any of the beast so I have no idea what to expect.

Those last 2 shrines require the death of a Divine Beast (rito and gerudo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom