• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What order do you recommend completing Divine Beasts?

I like to get Medoh first, and I leave Van Naboris until last as I always find that one confusing and quite hard.
The other two I just fit in as and when.

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
I always have done the rito one first. I LOVE revali's gale. But I usually do zora and rito first in any order, then move on to the other two.

I always go:
Vat Ruta
Vah Rudania
Vah Naboris
Vah Medoh

Basically the order that the Divine Beasts are shown on screen. And let's be honest, the order in which Link would probably save the pilots of the Divine Beasts.

I’ve gone in the same order twice now and feel there’s really no other way I’d rather play it. Rito first for the maneuverability, Zoe’s because it’s easy but second because of my fear of huge underwater stuff, Gerudo third because it’s a bit of a step up in challenge in general, and Gordon last for being an uninteresting and clunky slog with poor mechanics. It’s really unfortunate about the last one because I do enjoy all the aesthetics of it, but man it’s just not fun.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I did the divine beasts in the same order that the botw guidebook reccomends, that being-
Vah Ruta
Vah Naboris
Vah Medoh
And Vah Rudania
I can see why a lot of people choose Medoh first, that and Ruta are pretty much interchangeable and Medoh gets you better stuff. The reason I went with Vah Ruta first, however, was because Rito Villiage is a pretty long trek for someone starting out, and expensive if you choose to go for the rito clothing. If you're following the story, Ruta is the closest one after you meet Impa. It's not that hard to get to either, if you take an alternate route over the hills behind the road of electric death.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It really depends on what kind of experience you are wanting to get out of the game. When I first played I went: Ruta, Medoh, Rudania, Naboris.

I think for a first playthrough I was close to ideal, if I could change the order I would have rather done Naboris third, and Rudania last. Urbosa's Fury was more useful to me than Daruk's Protection. However, Naboris is also the most interesting Divine Beast and Thunderblight is the most challenging Blight in the game, so in a way I am kind of glad I did Naboris last because it was a satisfying final Divine Beast.

If you want to cheese the game, though the optimal order is: Medoh, Ruta, Naboris, Rudania.

This was the order I did in my Master Mode playthrough. I went straight to Rito Village after getting off The Great Plateau, and tamed Medoh for Revali's Gale. It's the most practical early game Champion ability because it's applicable to improve the most rudimentry aspect of the gameplay: climbing.

Once I had Revali's Gale I went for Zora's Domain, and instead of following Sidon's recommended path that is full of Bokoblins and Lizalfos, I used Revali's Gale to get atop rocks I shouldn't have been able to reach because of the constant rain that prevents climbing. I glided my way to the domain without fighting a single enemy, lol. While it was very convenient, I still think on a first playthrough that following the path is good because it was quite a challenge, so it's worth experiencing. Anyway, Ruta is a pretty easy Divine Beast, and Waterblight is maybe the easiest Blight to defeat. Mipha's Grace is also extremely useful because it's like an extra fairy revival, but it also gives you extra hearts.

To be honest I think these two are really the only ones that have powers you might really need, the rest is just gravy. Naboris is the next up because I think it'd be pretty challenging to try beating any sooner. Urbosa's Fury is also really nice to have.

And then Rudania is last because Daruk's Protection isn't as useful as the other Champion abilities, you could honestly skip it if you wanted and it wouldn't matter much.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The way I did it, and how my brother's doing it now, is to knock out Ruta and Medoh pretty quick, and once you've got Mipha's grace and Revali's Gale, you're good to go on just wandering around getting shrines done and stuff, then do Rudania and Naboris after getting the Master Sword.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I completed them Ruta > Naboris > Medoh > Rudania.

As far as how I'd recommend them to be completed, I'd say Medoh first is probably the only one that actually matters because of how easy it makes it to get around. Mipha's Grace is kinda negated by how easy it is to get fairies and Daruk's Protection is decent but never necessary. I think Urbosa's Fury is pretty dope because of how it makes crowd control easy, but even then there's not many situations that really warrant that kind of play.

I think for a first playthrough I was close to ideal, if I could change the order I would have rather done Naboris third, and Rudania last. Urbosa's Fury was more useful to me than Daruk's Protection. However, Naboris is also the most interesting Divine Beast and Thunderblight is the most challenging Blight in the game, so in a way I am kind of glad I did Naboris last because it was a satisfying final Divine Beast.

Agreed on Thunderblight being the hardest dungeon boss, which is partly why Daruk's Protection might come in handy for first timers. I also think that the events leading up to it are the most involved out of the four DB quests, and doing this quest includes a permanent change in regards to enemy encounters in the overworld that a beginning player may have a tough time with. Having Naboris last feels right based on this IMO, so we agree on that.

I agree that out of the four main story dungeons, that Naboris is the best one(assuming that by ''most interesting'' you meant ''best''); it, along with Final Trial and this game's version of HC, are in my top ten-fifteen dungeons in the series. The electricity based puzzles aren't something that you see often in Zelda. Lanayru Mining Facility had some too and it's one of my faves as well, but I think that the puzzles in Naboris were pulled off better due to the lateral thinking and physics involved. The fact that it caps off with a great boss is awesome, too.

nce I had Revali's Gale I went for Zora's Domain, and instead of following Sidon's recommended path that is full of Bokoblins and Lizalfos, I used Revali's Gale to get atop rocks I shouldn't have been able to reach because of the constant rain that prevents climbing. I glided my way to the domain without fighting a single enemy, lol. While it was very convenient, I still think on a first playthrough that following the path is good because it was quite a challenge, so it's worth experiencing. Anyway, Ruta is a pretty easy Divine Beast, and Waterblight is maybe the easiest Blight to defeat. Mipha's Grace is also extremely useful because it's like an extra fairy revival, but it also gives you extra hearts.

I actually found Waterblight the second hardest to defeat after Thunderblight; Windblight is pathetic AF, Fireblight isn't too tough to topple aside from maybe a puzzley aspect of him(and even then, Zelda veterans will probably recognize that kind of behaviour and what to do about it). He's not too bad now, and I may not have had the best equipment for the first playthrough, but I would recommend him second or third IMO. He's nowhere the hardest boss ever, but he can throw you for a loop if you're just starting out. Medoh is the easiest dungeon in the game by far, and the fights with the DB and dungeon boss are the easiest too.

And then Rudania is last because Daruk's Protection isn't as useful as the other Champion abilities, you could honestly skip it if you wanted and it wouldn't matter much.

I found it to come in handy; it can be a live saver against tougher enemies like Lynels, and it makes parrying Guardian lasers much easier. All four of the abilities were useful IMO and constituted some well thought out progression in regards to how the player interacts with the world design and the combat system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom