• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What old enemies should they bring back?

K

Karashimu

Now don't freak out, people. I don't mean that we should fight Majora or Zant or something again. I mean, what common enemies that were fought in older games do you think should be brought back for the next Zelda? And what are some cool ways the designers could re-imagine them?

My opinions:

Lynals - You might remember these as the tough lion-like things that guard the outside of Ganon's Tower in ALttP. So far, they haven't been seen in a 3D Zelda, and I think they would be cool to fight. They could be massive, covered in armor and wielding scimatars. Imagine horseback battles against those!

Dreadhawks - or Bird Knights, or Fokka, or whatever. Anyways, these were the massively hard enemies that infest the Great Temple of AoL. In a 3D game, their flying and swordfighting abilities could make them fun enemies.

Dead Hand - Remember that creepy miniboss in the Shadow Temple with all the hands? Imagine what it would look like in the next Zelda game, all huge and terrifying.

Gomess - The Grim Reaper-like enemy fought in MM's Stone Tower. With the Wii's advanced graphics, dozens of Keese could constantly be swarming around him, and his scythe could be huge, black, and on fire. Man, I'm starting to drool just thinking about it.

Any enemies that you hope they put in the next Zelda?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
My opinions:

Lynals - You might remember these as the tough lion-like things that guard the outside of Ganon's Tower in ALttP. So far, they haven't been seen in a 3D Zelda, and I think they would be cool to fight. They could be massive, covered in armor and wielding scimatars. Imagine horseback battles against those!

Lynals would be a good choice, an enemy I would love to face in 3D! I wouldn´t mind facing the Fokka´s from AoL either, tough is awesome-o :clap:

I´ve mentioned it before but I would like also to face Horsehead in a 3D game.

Claire

The Geekette

Lovely, this would be incredibly fun. I was actually surprised you mentioned them. Since they were taken from Twilight Princess, I say octoroks! I can't see why, such a common enemy, would be ripped out of a game that has become quite popular.

Gel would be fun to see again, although, I'd assume they were replaced with ChuChus. I'd prefer to see a Gel than ChuChu in the upcoming Legend of Zelda game released. I'd also like to see Pols Voice become more common, just for that old, nostalgic feel.

U

Uroboros

They need to bring back redeads (not the crappy TP ones), iron knuckles, skulltulas (not the crappy TP ones), dodongos (not the crappy TP ones), real bombchu, wolfos (not the crappy TP ones), wall/floormasters, and the nejiron. I think it would also be cool to see the eyegores appear again, this time as common enemies.

I could have sworn there was an exact topic like these here.

But my number one choice would be Lynels.

U

Uroboros

It would be interesting to see lynels in 3D, I must admit. I can't imagine what fighting style they'd use, though...

Lynals would be my #1 choice. I'd also love to see some mini-boss like creatures in the overworld. Maybe some of the easier ones.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Well, as soon as you mentioned this the first thing that came to my mind were Lynels and the bird knights from AoL.. but since you've already said those, I'd have to say..

Lizalfos. I don't know if they're in TP since I haven't beaten it, but they seem to have sorta disappeared.

Ghini. I miss touching gravestones and having a ghost appear. This would be awesome in the next 3D Zelda game.

Goriyas. Remember the boomerang-wielding goriya from LoZ and AoL? They surely deserve a comeback..

Patra. Patras were the flying eyeball-type things found in LoZ as sort of a mini-boss. This would make an awesome boss for the next Zelda 2D or 3D, where you'd have to use your hookshot to pull off the flying ones that circle around it.. kind of like the boss Arrghus from LttP.

Wizzrobes. I know they aren't really gone, but I miss the insane challenge they used to give from LoZ. In LoZ, they could walk through walls and constantly traveled around the room, and were really difficult to avoid/kill. I'd like that same challenge again. Nowadays, the wizzrobes simply appear and disappear, then appear again in the same place - no challenge to killing one, just boredom.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I would personally like lots of the enemmys from OoT and AlttP brought back. In TP I didnt remember seeing many memorable enemys. Its like lots of the Zelda enemys from older Zelda games were taken out.

I think thats why it felt so different to me that to >>

U

Uroboros

I would personally like lots of the enemmys from OoT and AlttP brought back. In TP I didnt remember seeing many memorable enemys. Its like lots of the Zelda enemys from older Zelda games were taken out.

I think thats why it felt so different to me that to >>

A lot of enemies, such as the skulltulas, wolfos, and dodongos were metamorphosed into cartoony forms in TP.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Lets see. I want to see a return of the Octorok (They vanished in Twilight Princess!). The Chu-Chu is nice, but I don't want to see the Majora's Mask version of the chu-chu (That thing was absolutly mutantly disgusting). I want to see the Dead Hand, that would be really nasty looking at him, yet it sounds cool. I'ed love to see the Gohma Larva again. It would be fun running through the area, just being bombarded with all the Ghoma larva! They were challenging in Ocarina in Time, but they would be worse in the new game! Wolfos would be hard core as well! Plus, I want to see enemies come out from Hyrule field at night, preferably more advanced versions of the Stalchild. That's just what I can think of now...:nerd:

How about...

Aquamentus
Gleeok
Daira
Ironknuckle
Darknut
Bit/Bot/Gel/Zol
Lanmola
Like Like
Leever
Moblin (damn you TP)
Patra
Pols Voice
Rope
Vire
Wall Master
Digdogger
Geldarm
Moa

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I'd love to see Stalfos and Iron knuckles from OoT and I always liked the Pols voice yeah an advanced stalchild would be awesome(I turn into a kid and then run to Hyrule field and play the Suns Song ) just to battle the Stalchild I"ve always hated the Leevers they were annoying but I'd love to see like like's again I just hated the fact that they would eat your tunics>.<

C

Chellemo

The Hinox from LttP was a strong Overworld obstacle. They can attack from a distance by throwing bombs. I would like to see they could be recreated and added in to new games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom