• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What odd/funny/interesting quirks do you have IRL?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I certainly wouldn’t abuse an animal over it. That’s life, they’re animals and they go to the bathroom like anything else. Same with cats, though I’m sure you have a different, but equally ridiculous reason for throwing rocks at them too. Grow up.
You probably don't even have 10% of stray animals than I face. Do you even know what it's like?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
You probably don't even have 10% of stray animals than I face. Do you even know what it's like?
You’re not going to convince me, or anyone else on here that there’s any good reason to abuse an animal. Especially not simply because they’re strays, that makes no logical sense whatsoever. If you’d like to continue to waste your time attempting to do so, you’re free to do that.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
My hands automatically hurls a pebble at the sight of cats and Palamalai or Kollimalai breeds of cows.
What the heck Giri?! I thought you were better than this! Animals have lives too, they hurt and feel stuff, just as much as you do, would it be nice if a cat or a cow just hurled rocks at you? No. Then why would you do it to them?!

That is not a “quirky” or “funny” trait. That is a horrible one. And there’s no denying it. I love animals, every single one. I would never think of throwing a stone at an animal unless it was trying to attack me. I just try want to know why you would do that?! It’s so mean and horrible.

I just saw my neighbors kittens, and they were so cute. Would you want to hurt them?! Would you want to hit a six month old kitten with a rock?! what about my cats?! Two of them go outside, would you hit them?! I just...can’t believe you would do something like that...I thought you were better than this...

Yeah, um, that’s their home. They didn’t decide where they were going to live, and your just going to punish them for it?! I would rescue them, give them a home, maybe even keep some along the way. Feed them, help them, neuter them so there won’t be so many. But you...you just throw rocks and pebbles at them. WHY?!!

I just can’t believe you would think that’s right...

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
What have I done?
I play piano, and I love learning all these different game songs. I learned... well, I don't think it has an official name, but the Library Piano song from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and for like, a month (At least!) it was basically all I played. It's catchy, but I didn't realize it was annoying basically everyone else in my house. Big(ish) slip up for me! Oh well. At least I moved on to other songs.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
What have I done?
I play piano, and I love learning all these different game songs. I learned... well, I don't think it has an official name, but the Library Piano song from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and for like, a month (At least!) it was basically all I played. It's catchy, but I didn't realize it was annoying basically everyone else in my house. Big(ish) slip up for me! Oh well. At least I moved on to other songs.
Speaking of songs, finally nailed the bluegrass song it took me a while to learn.

My hands automatically hurls a pebble at the sight of cats and Palamalai or Kollimalai breeds of cows.

Mate, that's not a cool or quirky trait, that's just cruel.

I mean... it does kinda fall under "odd"... Ah, what do I know?

No, it falls under cruel and nothing else.

Please
750003b856ea5317ffd38b34534a1ddf.gif

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
I mean, you're all kinda ragging on Giri… while I agree it's something that shouldn't be done, you're all being kinda mean about it...

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
...I don't know, my head's spinning. I'm gonna have to think about all this. Because this is not what I thought would happen when I made this thread...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have a "quirk" of calling the shelter if I see a stray animal in need of rescue; if it's too aggressive for me to temporarily take home, I tell the shelter where I saw it and what kind of condition it's in.

I also have a habit of admiring fields full of cows whenever I pass by them. Such innocent creatures and so peaceful.

In all seriousness, casually mentioning that you have a habit of animal abuse is not normal and is cause for genuine concern. Something to seek counselling over in all honesty if you aren't capable of seeing what's wrong with it. There is never a valid excuse to hurt an innocent animal in the wild, especially a stray cat that hasn't been domestically trained and is probably in desperate need of help. Mistreatment like that is what makes animals so afraid of humans when they shouldn't need to be.

In terms of this thread, I have a pretty bubbly personality irl. I can't really think of any particular quirks that I demonstrate, but people who have talked to me in voice chat might be able to get something of an idea what I tend to be like.

One thing I will note is that when I listen to music while out for walks, I almost always match my pace to the beat of the music. Surely I'm not the only one who does that?

Ninja

Well well well
I agree with everyone here, I definitely think that if anyone has an issue with abuse, of any kind, they should probably seek counseling of a medical professional. Such issues are way beyond the scope of a Zelda fan site.

That being said, you can never blame an animal for doing animal things.

I mean, you're all kinda ragging on Giri… while I agree it's something that shouldn't be done, you're all being kinda mean about it...

I see what you mean, however I don’t necessarily think that anyone is being mean out of malice. I see it as genuine concern and their feelings of frustration when someone admits something like that. Abuse in any fashion is horrible, and even if the posts are made in jest, it’s just not appropriate. I appreciate the passion that out user base has shown.

However I believe everyone has said their piece about it and if we want this thread to stay active, we should remain on topic.

I have a quirk where when I say something, sometimes I think too fast in my head, and the words just come out jumbled instead of one cohesive sentence. It’s frustrating but I’ve been practicing to talk more slowly, so I can give myself mentally more time to gather what I’m trying to say.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
To make this relevant, most of the time I like to sing whenever I’m cleaning, or sometimes drawing, or sometimes for no reason, but today I haven’t really because how sad I am today...

I just can’t believe this is real. I woke this morning and the first zd post I read was Giri’s post on this thread. It has really depressed me today, and whenever I looked at my cats today, seeing Gizmo cuddling with me and meowing at me, I just feel sick at the thought Giri would hurt a cat, it hurts me, and it disgusts me, and I’m sad now, I jut want to come to India an take all those cats away from there to a safe place. But I can’t :(

Please Giri, if a cat is annoying you, don’t hit it with a rock. Take it to a shelter, find a home for it if it’s bothering you, or just ignore it. Don’t hurt it! Please, I am begging you to stop, please stop...

I’m very shocked, and very sad now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom