• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Nintendo Has Revealed from Nintendo Direct

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
To all you people who were unaware of the Nintendo Direct Conference today, I'll let you know what was revealed:

1. The Wii U name is staying

2. A new controller design for the Wii U (New Wii U GamePad)

3. The Wii U Pro Controller was revealed for people who don't want to mess with the GamePad + a way to play with friends when they come over. (Wii U Pro Controller)

4. We're probably getting a Black Wii U + GamePad at launch. (Black Wii U + Controller)

5. Miiverse + Mii Wara Wara revealed for Nintendo Network. (Miiverse Info)

I'm probably forgetting a few tidbits of information. Here's the video of their Pre-E3 conference:

[video=youtube;9AkPdAWfFjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkPdAWfFjI[/video]

Please share your thoughts and opinions. :)

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I think that the Wii U has a good future. I don't know why so many people dislike its name, though...

It's a little strange. I didn't like it at first, but now I'm used to it. But many people didn't like the Wii, and since it's called the Wii U they might associate it with the Wii as being kiddy and underpowered.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Ehh it doesn't bother me. As long as Nintendo takes the word Wii out of the next console I'll be fine. The think I love about Nintendo consoles is for the most part they are all vastly different and have different names (except for NES SNES and Wii Wii U.) I don't want them to fall down the path of SONY and Microsoft by being lazy with the names PSX PS2 PS3 and XBOX XBOX 360. Well I can't really complain about Microsoft at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the new console will be the XBOX 720 or something like that. Having different names just shows that Nintendo is not afraid to let go of the past and innovate for the future.

I am glad that Nintendo is finally embracing the capabilities of the Internet. Miiverse is definitely a step in the right direction. The ability to in game video chat with other people speaking the same language absolutely floored me. Seeing a black Wii U GamePad was appreciated; moreover, the Wii U Pro Controller looks pretty slick.

Also, I'll post this analysis of the short Super Mario Wii U footage shown during the streaming:

[video=youtube;NRCsB0p9CB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NRCsB0p9CB0#![/video]

Edit: A new Internet meme has been started as well.

nonspecificactionfigure-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm slightly excited now, still waiting for Tuesday though to see more of this system. Other than that I am stoked to see achievements!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wii U Pro Controller is definitely the thing I'm going to be using. Sorry GC controller, but if the UPro works like you, I'm gonna have to discard you or keep you for games such as SSBM/SSBB.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Excellent summary. I'm totally going to get the Black console and controller if I can. The PRO controller kind of makes up for a lack of Gamecube controller compatibility. Playing Brawl and SSB4 won't be so bad, after all.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Sounds interesting. The most strange part is the Miiverse itself. Seeing a bunch of people (Miis) in this new Mii Plaza with game icons?

BTW, if I will buy the Wii U, then I will do the same as with my Wii and 3DS - I am from Poland, but I will set my country to the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom