• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Next for Zelda?

Z

z3ldalover1234

I have no idea what's next for Zelda. I'd like to see a remake for MM, but then it's already on wii.... but I'd also love to see a completely new game! Since SS came so many years after ST, I wonder if it'll be ages before the next Zelda, again - like 2014. But then, what do I know? What do you think or hope next for Zelda?

It'll be a while for both 3DS and WiiU, MM3DS will happen eventually no doubt.

As for the form that Zelda takes on the WiiU and 3DS its going to be more of the same, there isn't going to be a radical change in style, gameplay or story over and above what we have already despite the gamepad of the WiiU.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
They've always seemed to make Zelda fans wait for years in agony, lol. At least we know that they take the time to make a quality game and don't crank a new mediocre one out every year. Rumor is that the new one on the Wii U won't be out until 2014. It would be nice if they released a remake of MM or ALTTP on the 3DS to tide us over. I am looking forward to receiving my Hyrule Historia book in English and playing OoT 3DS Masterquest and SS hero mode for my Zelda fix. The anticipation sucks at times, but makes it that much cooler when it does come out. :)

I really hope the rumors are true and the art style is like Skyward Sword. Like Zelda Williams said, it is so beautiful like jewels (I say colorful rupees). Nintendo's impressionistic art that is just as nice to look at as Okami. Especially the glowing shrooms of Faron woods and the past world of Lanayru.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, MM3D has some chances of happening; it was clearly the most wanted game in this poll conducted by IGN in which it beat out ALttP3D and an ALttP Sequel by at least double for both. However, Nintendo (or should I say, Aonuma) expressed his want for a new game before he pushes out any remakes.

So, I'd say really quick that a new game is to be expected first, and where? On the 3DS, of course. The Wii U will take forever to push decent games out for on Nintendo's philosophy that "a delayed game can be good" or whatever Miyamoto said back then. :P

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well, MM3D has some chances of happening; it was clearly the most wanted game in this poll conducted by IGN in which it beat out ALttP3D and an ALttP Sequel by at least double for both. However, Nintendo (or should I say, Aonuma) expressed his want for a new game before he pushes out any remakes.

So, I'd say really quick that a new game is to be expected first, and where? On the 3DS, of course. The Wii U will take forever to push decent games out for on Nintendo's philosophy that "a delayed game can be good" or whatever Miyamoto said back then. :P

...I wonder how much of the general public even knows what aLttP is.

Z

z3ldalover1234

I agree - who ever designs the games is a genius. I loved both art styles for TP and SS! You're so lucky, I'm not getting Zelda History D8.

Majora's Mask 3DS is going to happen eventually, there's no doubt in my mind about that. There's too much money for Nintendo to make in that re-make. However, I do believe that Zelda 3DS will arrive first; hopefully before 2013 is over.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to post my input on what Zelda 3DS will be like. IMO, I think it will -- for the most part -- be a standardized Zelda with no radical changes to the traditional formula. However, I wouldn't mind seeing some old-school inclusions that we haven't seen in a Zelda title for a while; i.e. mini-dungeons.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I expect news on Zelda 3DS no later than E3 of this year. Hopefully we'll get a release date for it, and even more hopefully it'll be around this November. I really hope the gameplay improves on the refinements of modern elements and the steps in the right direction towards the return of classic elements that Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword have brought to the surface, as well. A lot of great ideas and level design came from those games, and they quite often hearkened back to A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask, so that's a really good sign for the future. Keep it up, Nintendo. You're almost there.

Deeds

no text
Like Koosholts said, there will be a Majora's Mask remake. Whether it's on the 3DS or on the Wii U, it will most probably happen. Only because Nintendo have seen how much people want a remake, Operation Moonfall etc. But, Nintendo also saw the reaction to the posibility of more remakes, people would generally prefer a new title, at the moment. Hopefully Nintendo will listen and make original titles for the Wii U and 3DS, for the time being.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The MM fans who want a remake remind me a lot of the hardcore Midna fans who protest for Minda's return. They think they are a huge group because they spend so much time with the group, but, in reality, they are both very small groups, particularly the MM faction. The low numbers expected from an MM remake just don't make the idea likely on Nintendo's part. If it happens, it would happen on an unprofitable whim on Nintendo's part. Seeing as Nintendo has shown no particular love for MM, even that is unlikely.

If it happens, it will happen because Nintendo either feels that OoT and MM and a pair and should both be on the 3DS or to simply make sure none of their 3D Zelda games become outdated. Not because of the voices of the small MM group that Nintendo probably doesn't even realize exists. Overall, fans need to stop getting their hopes up or they're sure to be disappointed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If it happens, it will happen because Nintendo either feels that OoT and MM and a pair and should both be on the 3DS or to simply make sure none of their 3D Zelda games become outdated. Not because of the voices of the small MM group that Nintendo probably doesn't even realize exists. Overall, fans need to stop getting their hopes up or they're sure to be disappointed.
Oh? Then explain this: Page 2 - Zelda, past and future: An interview with Koji Kondo and Eiji Aonuma | GamesRadar
I did hear that there's a website here that was launched in North America by some people that are hoping we'll release a 3D version of Majora's Mask. Of course I'm very flattered to hear that so many people are asking for that game, so I hope that at some point in the future hopefully, maybe, we'll be able to do something with it.

Nintendo--Aonuma--quite obviously knows of Operation Moonfall's existence. They've acknowledged the group many a time. Us fans aren't wrong in vigorously hoping for an MM remake, on 3DS or Wii U.

Zelda on the 3DS seems to be the one that will most likely be announced first, but whether it will be Majora's Mask 3D that alot of supporting fans want or an entirely new Zelda game remains uncertain. I don't particularly mind which one comes out first, but equally I'm looking forward to what Nintendo have in store for us.

I predict Miyamoto will try to completely ruin the series ala Sticker Star, but Aunoma will manage to stop him from ****ing it al up. We will then get agame that's more of the same because stopping Miyamoto's shenanigans will be too tiring for them to think up much innovation. Also, hoverboots and pegasus boots will come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom