• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What new skill would you like to learn?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I'm slowly learning how to sing, mostly to improve my range and to smooth out the transition from chest to head voice.

I never was taught that the trick to that is to bring your head voice down into your chest.

And apparently, I have good fundamentals already because I breathe with my belly, and I tend to talk from my diaphragm just naturally. Yeah, I am a little loud.

I also want to get ride of the grit I have on my highest note. The note I'm working to hit in full voice is a high C for a tenor. I got a lot of work to do considering I'm naturally a baritone.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I recently took up the saxophone and have been working to improve on that a lot. I also plan to start taking professional singing lessons within the next year or two, as I have a decent range but don't know how to properly control or support my voice.

I've always wanted to try writing, but lacked confidence to even begin. I do plan to give that a try, and I've actually started a story based on ideas and characters that have been floating around in my head for several years.

Similarly to some others in here, I do not know how to swim very well. I took lessons as a kid but was afraid to put my head under water so I failed to progress. Sometime in the not too distant future, I may take a few lessons again, just to get the basics.

I would also like to improve my video editing skills. I've been wanting to do more with my YouTube channel for a good while now but have always been really intimidated by the editing side of things. Once I convince myself that it's a skill that takes practice and experience to be good at just like anything else, I'll probably start taking it more seriously.

Reactions: Dio

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think I'd like to work in RPG Maker. It's a pretty versatile tool and I think it'd let me show off the sort of Legend of Zelda story I'd like to see, even if the gameplay isn't up to the same level.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd love to be able to translate well between Japanese and English. Being able to speak and understand a language and being able to translate it well are not one and the same.

I would also love to eventually learn Korean language and maybe Spanish or Chinese too.

I would also like to get a better grasp on programming and test automation frameworks to help me continue to grow in my industry.

Reactions: Dio
In the past year or so, I finally got some of the things I wanted to learn off my bucket list like learning to code. I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I'm at least competent at HTML5 and CSS as well as Visual Basic. I'd like to tackle Python sometime next.

Aside from that, learning to cook is definitely something I want to learn to do. I'm a big soup aficionado, so I'd start there. Chicken noodle soup is supposedly one of the easier soups to make so that seems like a good starting point.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
In the past year or so, I finally got some of the things I wanted to learn off my bucket list like learning to code. I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I'm at least competent at HTML5 and CSS as well as Visual Basic. I'd like to tackle Python sometime next.

Aside from that, learning to cook is definitely something I want to learn to do. I'm a big soup aficionado, so I'd start there. Chicken noodle soup is supposedly one of the easier soups to make so that seems like a good starting point.
Cooking's awesome, and one of the most practical skills there is. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Yeah chicken noodle soup is a nice simple one to try out. The key to good soups is a good stock. If your stock is tasty already just imagine what adding extra ingredients is gonna do, so definitely learn to make a good stock. You can make a big batch and freeze it so it's ready to use at any time.

I'd also reccomend this as it has some good stock tips you might not know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom