• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch What new content are you expecting in Link's Awakening Remake?

Are you expecting Link's Awakening on Swith to have any new content?

Link's Awakening DX added a new dungeon to make use of the colour of the GameBoy Color, but what do you think LA on Switch will add to the game?

Master Quest mode?

Multiplayer?

New sidequests or dungeons?

Or will nothing new at all be added?

Last edited:
Link's Awakening had a lot of references to the greater Nintendo multiverse. We even saw Goombas in the trailer. I expect to see references to games or franchises that have come into existence or grown since the original came out, like Pikmin and Fire Emblem.

Ooh that'd be quite good. Would like to see a Splatoon Squid in there, maybe in the shop you get the Yoshi doll from.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
More fleshed out dialogue, more side quests, a better fishing minigame, a better photo collection quest, detailed models for items you obtain like all the instruments, weapons, particularly the seashell sword. If you can look at the artwork, it's a beautiful sword. Obviously supposed to be the dream version of the Master Sword.
SeashellSword.png

More side quests, maybe a few new areas of Koholint we've never seen before, and if not an extra post-game dungeon then maybe a Trials DLC a la BotW.

Looks like the map tiles no longer shift like the original, the screen will scroll properly instead.

The tile shifting in 2D Zelda games often disorient me, so I'm very happy this is a thing for me given LA is one of my favourite Zeldas.

More fleshed out dialogue, more side quests, a better fishing minigame, a better photo collection quest, detailed models for items you obtain like all the instruments, weapons, particularly the seashell sword. If you can look at the artwork, it's a beautiful sword. Obviously supposed to be the dream version of the Master Sword.
SeashellSword.png

Don't want the master sword in this game.

Are you expecting Link's Awakening on Swith to have any new content?

Link's Awakening DX added a new dungeon to make use of the colour of the GameBoy Color, but what do you think LA on Switch will add to the game?

Master Quest mode?

Multiplayer?

New sidequests or dungeons?

Or will nothing new at all be added?

Maybe 1 or 2 mini dungeons would be good. Adding an entire dungeon or two would, imo, ruin the feel of an epic classic.

A "Master Mode" sounds pretty interesting...

I personally don't see how multiplayer could be added unless it was set up the same way as the GBA ALttP/FSA worked, with a seperate game to add to the timeline bundled along side it.

The main thing I'm hoping, is that they edit the music, particularly Marin singing 'The Ballad of the Windfish' so that it's easier on the ears without butchering the soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom