• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Musical Instrument Would You Like To See?

Honestly, I would be happy to see any kind of instrument in the new game as long as there's an explanation to go along with why Link can play it so well. In past games, no matter what instrument Link receives, he always seems to be musically inclined to the point where it takes about one or two practice runs for him to master it. And I get that Nintendo probably does this so that the player can be able to efficiently use the new item without making such a hassle with it, but I'd personally rather have that experience where it takes Link longer than expected to be able to get a song down or fully learn how the instrument works. Maybe this would hinder his ability to use it in the midst of some chaotic event as you, the player, are still learning how to properly use it. Or perhaps, there could be a bit of a display of Link's history with said instrument so that his prowess doesn't seem entirely unrealistic.

Maybe I'm just being too demanding for a mere game, but I think if Nintendo wants to gun for realism, that might be a nice start.

Some sort of acoustic string instrument, or a wind instrument. But I think a string instrument would be better for what I'm imagining. I'd like to see some functionality out of that touch pad. You could strum strings with one hand, and hold the controller with the other.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think the French horn would be good. It's relatively small for a brass instrument and is often used for solos in real life so I think it could work quite well. ..But no. Just imagining Link with a French horn is weird xD

Actually an acoustic guitar could be kinda cool... or a harmonica.... maybe.

Badjacoon

Corn fused
A ukulele would be good! or a banjo! something with strings, or just go back to the og flute!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I would like to see some kind of actual flute/recorder, a violin (I've always loved these when I was a kid) maybe, something that fits in that type of world.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I was originally going to say piano because of WiiU controller (xylophone had the same appeal to me), but after reading all of these other suggestions, I want Link to have a mandolin. A really cool-looking mandolin with Hylian symbols etched into it. And maybe it can kinda glow through the runes and stuff while you play, and it glows a particular pattern and color for each song. And that's something common for medieval people to play, so Link could easily concievably know how to play it.

AND IT WOULD JUST LOOK AND SOUND SO COOL!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Throw the youngster a bone and let him start his lonely journey into the wild with nothing but an flute. It's good for the soul. Link'll need some downtime with a right ol' wind instrument.

Kybyrian

Link needs a full drumset that he is required to haul around with him on a carriage at most times, even through some dungeons. This means your movement speed would consistently be incredibly slow when moving it (except on the field where you could pull it by horse) and your carriage could be attacked at any time, resulting in a need for a repairman to be sent out to your location (under your guard) if it were to break. Certain stalls could be built to house your carriage in the event that you don't want to take it along with you, and it would be optional for some places, opening up certain secret passages and claim hidden treasures.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I think maybe an asian flute like in this picture:

e5745080298163de99caa74982ae4fe0.jpg

That would be cool. :)

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
An accordion.

I'd say a theremin but that really isn't portable... but Link with an accordion? Hell yes. I would absolutely love to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom