• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS What Mask Would You Like to Own?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It'd be fun to swim around as a Zora with the Zora Mask. The All-Night Mask would help me when I'm on a coding binge. There are a few times I wish I had the Stone Mask. The Keaton Mask is just cool. The Bremen Mask not only looks cool but involves great music.

But if I were to pick one mask that would affect my life the most, it'd be the Mask of Truth. Being a mask that represents truth is enough to interest me, but discerning the thoughts of animals would also be an interesting ability. I think it would lead to a greater understanding and appreciation of the universe. I'd be wary of using it with humans though. On the one hand, seeing into people's hearts and minds would help understand them better. Then I can understand them and not judge them. On the other hand, it might just give me more reason to judge, and there's the obvious issue of privacy. I'd probably ask for permission first, and offer the other person to borrow the mask in return.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One very useful mask, in my opinion, would be the All Night Mask. I have trouble getting homework done because I just love to procrastinate. However, with the All Nighter equipped, I could make room for video gaming and homework...EVERY night! And it doesn't stop at homework -- I often don't wash my clothing on time because I don't have my priorities straight. Sometimes I forget to make my bed before leaving for school, and I just forget a lot due to lack of sleep. Well, Sleep-Be-Gone and Sleep-Be-Unneeded with this nifty lil' treat!

Majora? Yes. FD? No.

Why do you say no to the FD mask?

It's interesting that you say that, considering the item description of the Fierce Deity's Mask is "Could this mask's dark powers be as bad as Majora?"

On the other hand, I pulled this from Zelda Wikia:
The term "fierce deity" (鬼神) is a term referring to several deities in the Shingon Buddhist pantheon, such as Bishamonten or the Myō-ō, who are fierce and wrathful toward the negative forces that work against humanity's enlightenment, but are benevolent and supportive to humanity. They are seen as deities that work to defeat evil, a quality Link possesses in all his appearances, and which the Fierce Deity's Mask gives him greater ability to achieve. Kishin (or kijin, or onigami; they are all simply different readings of the 鬼神 kanji compound) does not actually equate the subject with oni or evil at all; it merely states that the deity is as fierce as an oni. The term does not carry any connotations of evil in the Japanese language.

So, if that bit of ZWikia is to be taken as fact...well, I'd say I would love to have the Fierce Deity's Mask. I wouldn't want to be revered in any sense of the word, but fighting evil would be ever easier with such power in my hands. I could also take the mask and warp it to a Majora's Mask-like item in that /I/ could be evil...but I don't know the real workings of the mask in the first place. Does it expel evildoers from its reach? Haha.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would love to have either the Mask of Truth, or the Bunny Hood. I think both would be extremely useful. If I had to chose just one, I would probably say the Bunny Hood.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Suppose maybe the Zora Mask would be the one I would want to own, I love swimming and just plain water in general really :)

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Bet you can't can guss my answer, DEKU MASK!

Back to what I just said, i'm about to buy the first one from the happy mask shop!

Last edited:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I would choose the Feirce Deity's mask just to have that power and bragging rights; it would mean I once owned all the other ones. If not that one, then probably the bunny hood, I'd love to be able to run that fast XD

hmm... either the bunny hood or Zora mask. i would love to do all that cool water stuff, but the bunny hood was always my favorite.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
The Goron, Zora, and Deku masks so I could have the powers associated with them. Plus being able to just transform into another race is cool. I'd also like the Bunny hood to be able to travel very fast.

What Mask I would want? Definitely the Mask of Truth! Who wouldn't love to read the mind of an animal?

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
The bunny hood. I mean, I would easily be able to run past all my friends and enemies. If not, then the stone mask. As much of a ninja as I am, this would make me unstoppable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom