• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes Zelda Games Better?

What is it, in your opinion, that makes Zelda games better then other video games?

I personally love them because of the awesome storyline they all have, and the unique game play:) But i"m sure there are tons of other reasons to enjoy them.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Honestly, I think it's because the entire series has retained it's top quality with every release, and the fact that every zelda ties in with the rest. They've never skipped out on gameplay, the story's are always very polished, and every one has reatained that element of immersion you don't see very often. A lot of it is smart business, too. I mean, the link you play has always been ambiguise,
exploration has been a priority, ill-recieved/ over-used characters are phased out, and combat ESPECIALLY with SS has seen a lot of innovation to keep things fresh. I don't believe there's a such thing as a BEST game, and Zelda does have its flaws. Its not always the best and has had a few "OK" Zelda games, but Zelda also has it's gems. I honestly believe that if they can keep raising the quality, the LOZ series will be the BEST series. But hey, a little competition never hurt.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In my opinion, the thing that makes most Zelda games better than other video games is their ability of replay-ability. I can replay most Zelda games and not get tired of them, some even in the same day. Most other video games, I have to take a break (~weeks) before I can play through those games, but with most Zelda games it's like a snap.

Another thing is the polished gameplay. Everything flows together for better or for worse which makes everything enjoyable [or not].

Yet another thing is the fact that there is little to no lag in any Zelda game. It's amazing how they get so good.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say because of the 2 main characters Link and Zelda and their personalities. I would say it's because of the story, but there's not much of one. You just go around defeating enemies and to save Zelda. But I would say a big thing is the replayability. You can play these games over and over and still not get tired of them.

MW7

In my opinion, the thing that makes most Zelda games better than other video games is their ability of replay-ability. I can replay most Zelda games and not get tired of them, some even in the same day. Most other video games, I have to take a break (~weeks) before I can play through those games, but with most Zelda games it's like a snap.
For me personally this is extremely true. Most Zelda games I can replay all the time and never get tired of them. I think a large part of it is the vast amount of variety in the gameplay and tremendous amount of little tricks and secrets found in games. There are more nuances and more complexity to Zelda games than the majority of games in general. It's rare for another kind of game to have this kind of replay value (except maybe some Mario games like SMB 3), but for Zelda games it's the majority of the games in the series that have this level of replay value for me at least.

For me, I love the richness of the story lines. Their characters are charming and likable for the most part, and you genuinely care for what happens to them. They do a very good job of maintaining a good story without going overboard and getting confusing. They're very accessible games.

Also, as someone said before, the replayability is great for a game. I find myself playing and replaying every Zelda game, and most importantly, actually looking forward to completing the same dungeons again. This says a lot for the quality of a game, and how fun it is.

Big Octo

=^)
What makes Zelda games unique (and not necessarily better) is that the series is dynamic, it's able to change as it progresses. Each game seems to bring something new and innovative, on small or large scales. The story or gameplay isn't what I look for first, I focus on what's different.

It's the formula. It seems to me that Nintendo stumbled upon this amazing way of progressing through a game, realized it was revolutionary, enjoyable, and marketable and stuck with it since the very beginning. There are a few black sheep, but for the most part they rarely deviate far from their formula. They'll add and subtract bits they they think will be beneficial, or weren't received well, but for the most part the core stays intact. This is why they are so great.

the innovativeness that comes with the gameplay.
i also love the music, it really adds onto the game.
OH! and my love for link. he's just so sexay~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom