• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes You Unique?

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I guess one of the things that makes me unique is the fact that I don't do anything "girly girly" - I can't stand skirts/dresses, I hate flowers SO MUCH ARRRRRRRG, girly/romantic movies, I don't really care much about shoes/clothes/hair/nails, etc etc. Just give me some video games, junk food, and comfortable clothes and I'm happy and will probably love you forever. Another thing - I am extremely double jointed. Like, to the point where if I put my hands out, none of my fingers will be straight. They all have some sort of a curve to them.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Hm. I wouldn't consider myself all that unique. I guess you could say I'm pretty good at copying images by looking at them, however this ability does not transfer itself to drawing things that I just think of, and only very recently have I actually tried to do anything really substantial. I also sleep and generally just live in very strange positions. Like earlier today I was lying on the ground, propped up on one arm, with my laptop turned sideways, drawing on it. Once, when I was little, my mom walked into my room and I was asleep with my head sideways, my feet flat on my bed, and my back sticking up into the air. I also tend to read upside down a lot of the time, and thus tend to prefer regular books to reading on the ipod/pad, as paper books don't turn upside down on me. :)

One thing this is very odd and gets on my nerves sometimes, is that I guess I sort of have a little bit of skitzophrenia, or maybe its more like multiple personalities. I'll think about what would happen in a certain situation (usually a very sad one, like losing a friend or trying to stand up for myself against a bully) and play it in my mind, with many variations, a lot. Then I'll try to get myself to stop and I'll be like "stop thinking about that. Ugh. Now you're talking to yourself. UGH STOP." and so on. Yeah, I know it's very strange, and it gets on my nerves a lot. But I guess it does make me unique!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Matt said:
Can you make a weird sound others have trouble making?

YES. WHEN I SHAKE MY RIGHT WRIST UP AND DOWN (LIKE FLOP IT UP AND DOWN), IT MAKES THIS REALLY COOL CRACKING SOUND AND IT GROSSES PEOPLE OUT. :3

*ahem*

Besides that, there's one thing I can think of right off the bat. I'm very gifted in several ways. Most people have one thing that really sets them apart, but I'm happy to say that I'm very well-balanced in most respects. I'm a very friendly person and I believe I generally have a nice personality and a good sense of humor. I'm a pretty decent athlete, not too special but good enough that it shows when compared to a good amount of other people's abilities. I've also been told I'm very pretty (mostly by family lol), and when I look in the mirror I'm generally very happy with my body. I'm not amazing or anything of the sort, but I'm happy with how I am. Finally, the most profound part of me is my mental ability. I have a great ability to memorize and think logically. I'm a straight A+ student. I don't study. I don't have to apply myself in school because, most often, I just retain what I learn very easily. (Just ask Kybyrian for proof. He's been tutoring me in math and tells me I've learned a little less than "half an Algebra 1 course in 3 days." I think that's a slight exaggeration, but my point of learning things quickly still stands. :P)

Going into detail, there are a few things about my body that I like in particular. I have very soft brown hair, and people always tell me it's soft (I absolutely love when people compliment me. I'm not shallow at all lol). I'm also pretty tall for a girl my age at five-foot-ten-inches. That in itself makes me a pretty decent basketball player. But what I'm really proud of athletically is my ability to shoot free throws. Yeah, that's it. It may not seem like much, but I love it. I'm potentially the best, or one of the best, free throw shooters on my basketball team. It's great to have that confidence in your ability and know that your coach trusts you in a tight situation with all the pressure on you. I love pressure, I thrive on it.

Don't get into thinking my life is perfect or anything, because it isn't. I have just as many hardships as anyone else, if not more. I personally feel that with every gift you're given, you'll have another hardship to face to compensate. I think that's fair. It shows your true character. :)

Kybyrian

Nicole said:
(Just ask Kybyrian for proof. He's been tutoring me in math and tells me I've learned a little less than "half an Algebra 1 course in 3 days." I think that's a slight exaggeration, but my point of learning things quickly still stands. )

^ Truth, and I don't think it's much exaggeration at all. The material we haven't covered yet is a bit trickier than some of the really easy things we've done, though.

Like Nicole, I believed school was a breeze because I easily retain everything I learn. I never really have to apply myself, and I most certainly never need to study for any more than a couple minutes before a test to ace anything that comes my way. I've always been very good in all subjects, and that comes from knowledge of application of what I learn as well as advanced retention. Now you see why I'm your Administrator. :)

I'm also tall =D I always like to tell people that. I'm pretty amazing at video games. If it weren't for my Wyatt Island internet connection (a whole 45 KB/s!), then I'd be even more amazing at Call of Duty than I already am. No joke, I'm like a god at that game. Then there's Pokemon, Zelda, Castlevania, etc. Good at all of them, more or less.

One thing that goes along with my ability to learn things swiftly and memorize the information is my knowledge of a little Japanese. Unfortunately, even though I have high capacity for learning, I don't exactly like to learn, or rather I cannot motivate myself many times. This is why my knowledge doesn't currently go beyond a little.

This is an interesting thread.

I believe that I am unique because there is nobody on this planet that is exactly the same as me.

I believe that I have a good brain for retaining knowledge and I can recall it whenever I wish, I have a lot backed up in my brain, some of it is trivial and some of it is not.

I'm 23 now and I've been training in Martial Arts since I was 6, pretty much constantly.

I'm currently studying Ninjutsu/Ninpo Taijutsu. As far as other Martial Arts go: I'm a 1st Dan in Jujitsu (It was the first art I've ever started learning), I've studied Chen Style Tai Chi, Karate, Judo, White Crane Kung Fu, Kick Boxing, limited amounts of Aikido. It may seem like alot and as the list is quite extensive but I've moved around alot. I'm happy with ninjutsu though as it's incredibly old and has formed the base of alot of other Martial Arts.

I also believe that I'm a pretty decent writer and artist.

This is the first thread where I actually read everyones posts :D

What makes me unique? TBH I never really thought about it until this thread. I usually just consider myself like every other teenager, trying to get through high school in one piece lol.

Maybe one thing that REALLY sets me apart from other people is my ability to comprehend information in the form of reading. If I read something I will remember it instantly and forever. I pretty much don't pay attention at all in school and go home and read the textbook and I'm able to get Strait A's.

Another cool thing is that I LOVE math and I'm always thinking about it. Numbers run through my head constantly and I sometimes find myself just making up random equations in my head for fun and trying to understand things in the form of math. I can't really explain it that well lol. It's because of this that I can solve a rubix cube in about 2 minutes wich I guess is pretty cool.

And I can juggle which seems to entertain my little cousin no matter how much I do it lol.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can bend the fingertip on several of my fingers without bending the rest of the finger in any way. I can also bend my ringfinger all the way down without the pinkie following (which is a rare thing as the ligaments on both fingers are supposed to be connected, ergo if you bend one you at least partly bend the other, I can bend mine all the way down without the other even moving) - I also do a mean Smeagol/Gollum-immitation :P

I sometimes pronounce "drawer" as "draw". People make fun of me. =(

That sux. People often make fun of me for being quiet and a loner. I guess being a loner is another trait that makes me unique. What's more unique about me is the fact that I actually like being a loner. :/

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
well.....
i have this good/bad habit of trying to bring out the best in people. you see, i love to make people happy. even the ones i hardly even know.

and i can draw. oh yes...
draw just about anything you can think of.
i take requests too, but i dont normally like to brag about it

i can write very wonderfuly detailed stories.
if only i had the time to sit down and write them...

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
What makes me unique?

Well, the fact that I only go for cute girls set me apart from most people I meet. I retain a lot of stupid information and usually forget the most important stuff. I never study before tests. I write depressing poetry about anyone and anything.

I think that's about it. Other than that, I'm just your average loner teenage girl with no life (except on the internet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom