• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes You Stand Out?

Ganondork

goo
At 6'4", I happen to be one of the tallest members on Zelda Dungeon, for one thing. This has given me an edge over others in basketball, and makes me rather noticeable at school. People usually identify me as the "Floating head over everyone else," which I'm entirely fine with. It's also helped me in situations where a fight could have broken out. See, people always want to test the big guys, and it doesn't help that I'm white either. However, I'm one of the few guys who won't back down, and I'm fine with getting in someone's face. This has gone well more times than not, the worst being one day in indoor suspension, but the guy who runs that area liked me anyway.

Back to basketball. Being an incoming freshman, I'm already the second tallest guy on the high school basketball team, and the fourth best at jumping. Coaches also seem to come to me as the leader of the team, usually. In fact, yesterday was my first practice with my recreational team. I came forty five minutes later, because of high school practice, and as soon as I got there, it seemed like everyone was waiting for a leader to show up. So naturally I jumped in. This has been the case for about three years in this particular league, and I've been doing that since I was 10 in other leagues. Not to mention everyone wants to be friends with the 6'4" guy.

Overall, I love being tall. There are few disadvantages to it, at least as far as I can see. It does make me feel great to know that few people my age are my height.

Hero of Time said:
Nicole said:

Ha.

Fig

The Altruist
What really makes me stand out to the world is that I'm very informative when it comes to video games, especially Nintendo-related games, and almost anything that has a fan base! I love to spend my time training my Pokémon and I love to nickname them after people who are inspirational to my life, which is most of my friends here in the forums! ^^ Basically, I'm the Angry Video Game Nerd but without all of the anger of behavior that he has towards horrible video games! :xd:

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
I'm really nice to people, and I like to make friends. I'm also very tall and buff (others tell me this). That and I know WAY too much about the card game Yu-Gi-Oh. Heh. :sweat:

I am a guy with very long, blonde hair (longer than any other guy and longer than most girls in my school). I also play synthesizers and keyboards in a rock band.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
People generally refer to me as "that weird guy with long nails and goth bracelets" but I like to think my flare for coherently stringing words together on a page to create fiction is what makes me stand out from the crowd!

univpark

Heart of Steel
My skill to write fluently.

And the fact that I have already taken both the SAT and ACT.(Tests to get into college.) And that was when I was in 6th grade.

And I got a 33/35 in English on the ACT.

I'm pretty much a walking dictionary....(Hey, what does synopsis mean?) And I run a Pokemon club at school and get asked lots and LOTS of questions. :D

I have fairly long hair for a guy. Also when I grow out my beard people compare me to Jesus, do to that it is one of few nicknames people from my school call me. That and Thor.

Well, physically I guess the thing that makes me stand out the most would be my hair, which is about to my hips at its longest point, and is very thick and quite wavy. I usually get quite a few comments on it when I go out, which is nice. Another thing that makes me unique would be the scar on my face… not horribly noticeable in some lighting, but it’s a horizontal scar centered on my right cheek. I’ve had mixed feelings about it over the years, especially when I was in high school, but ultimately I think I’m kind of content with it, because it’s been a part of me since the very day I was born. I used to always think that it would make me not beautiful, but I guess that was pretty shallow thinking since I wouldn’t have found another girl with a scar on her face not to be pretty. My friends have told me that it makes me unique, so… it’s interesting, I suppose. As for other things… well, I’m fairly good at art, and seem to have an eye for it at least, and won little awards for it in high school. Hmm… I can’t really think of much else. :P

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Let's see, my red hair and blue eyes. My stubborn red-head personality. Constant Zelda references. I keep a person to their word. I'm a very loyal and nice person (a little too nice in fact). I'm the only one in band with an instrument that's twice my age (and because it's so old I'm constantly out of tune.) I'm the only one in my band that is dedicated enough to music that I actually go to music clinics. Oh and I'm 16 and am only 5'1 and weigh only 98 lbs. Probably several other things too that I just can't think of right now considering it's almost 3 AM right now :/

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I don't know what makes me 'me'. I guess I stand out because I never talk, but when I do I say weird things and people try not to talk to me after that. :sweat: So, I'm a weirdo who never talks. ^^

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Psh! You all should stop complaining about how tall you guys are! I'm only 5 foot! Check that FIVE FOOT.

Stop complaining, you make the hobbits of the world angry! >;o

Other than that... I play drums and seem to talk about video games too much, and my nickname is Silver.
It's so depressing when your friend on Facebook posts 'hey is anyone a drummer!' and you comment and say 'umm.. hello? we're friends... right?'

My head is way too small for my body . . .

Also, I never wear shorts. Ever. I don't care how hot it is, I hate showing my skinny legs to the world. I'm always covered up.

Finally, many people know me as "the Amish boy". No I'm not really Amish, lol, but I HATE technology. I don't have Facebook or anything like that. I never listen to the radio, leading to my complete lack of knowledge towards any modern music whatsoever. I don't know any current songs, singers, bands, etc. I don't even have a cellphone. All these things scare me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom