• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes You Stand Out?

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Alright, people. Show me what you got! What makes you unique/stand out?

Are you a valedictorian? Do you like arts & crafts? Are you exceptionally good at sports? Do you like blogging a lot? Do you have a record for the longest sitting of playing Zelda? :P Do you have a crazy hairstyle/color? Come on, the list goes on and on!

I'll start. I've got a great devotion to writing. Specifically editorially. I tend to pick out the mistakes in writing, and I love to give people a few hints and tips as to how they can get better. (But by no means am I spectacular at writing. I can always improve!) Also, I've got an obsession with hair. I try to do different styles everyday! Especially with styles that I find on Pinterest and Tumblr.

I know you guys are pretty awesome, so tell me. What makes you who you are?

Dan

The only thing that makes me stand out, is that I am an oddity to the world.
I also make others angry and annoyed...

Well that's about it :I I'm not really good at anything, I has no talents :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What makes me stand out is that I'm the only one 'sides my best female friend who does well in school. Also, I'm the only one who cares to get people on task.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
My hair is more than 3 feet long and goes down beneath my butt. I like waving it around because it's fun, but it also unfortunately attracts a lot of attention... ^^

Also, I rarely ever eat food without eating utensils. Pizza, french fries, chips -- I don't use my hands. So I get a lot of weird looks in school, especially since my preferred utensil is neither a fork or a spoon, but chopsticks. XD

I also like to write.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm always correcting my friends' grammar or spelling in their papers. I really do love writing. I can't ever seem to catch my own mistakes, though. :P

In addition, I'm known as the Zelda girl by the majority of the kids in my grade, particularly in my theatre class. My friends probably know more about the series than they ever wanted to; I go on huge rants about it all the time.

I'm also known as the girl who plays harp, because no one else seems to play it. XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Van, that's awesome! Usually I don't see very many people like that. Personally - especially if I'm doing a group project or something along that line - I hate when people get off topic. It's nice to see someone is the same! :P

Thanks, Chilfo! I really do try to keep people on task; I love having fun while doing important things as much as the next guy, but it is important that said important things get done! xD

Another set of things that set me apart from most other people is that I'm not really focused and I'm not athletic. I do great in all of my classes (except Art because I'm not an artist, and Aerobics because that teacher is bleh), but I don't know what I want to do when I grow up or even now. And I have an athletic body -- my dentist commented on it oddly enough -- but I am so uncoordinated I can't play sports :lol:

Well, at 6'2" I'm taller than about 92% of the world. I'm also the number one student in my Sophomore class of about 600. I'd also like to say I'm good at basketball, tennis, and football, and I'm a pretty fun guy, too. But I don't mean to brag yo. :right:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Crazy hair colors, dragon obsession, constant geek talk, when I go to conventions I bring my animatronic monkey (and at the last convention I was at me and another person spontaniously started a wizard's duel in the middle of the dance floor). Shortly put, I'm weird (and proudly so!) and people tend to notice me for just that.

Nicole

luke is my wife
YES VALEDICTORIAN. Of middle school. But, baby steps...

Anyway, what makes me stand out? Quite literally, you could say my height does. I'm about 5'11", which isn't too common for a teenage girl. My height translates over to some decent natural basketball talent. I'm not spectacular overall, but my defense and shot-blocking is pretty great if I do say so myself. Most importantly, I'm a team player. That's what I want more than anything; to be able to keep a good attitude no matter what and to always support my teammates. I've come to realize that my attitude is really a huge part of succeeding. This past season, my travel basketball coach presented me with the Coach's Award - which I was more grateful getting than if I had gotten, say, an MVP award (which would never happen lololo) - for my attitude and thoughtfulness regarding the game itself. It surprised me at first, because my attitude was largely negative towards myself for most of the season. I never looked down on my teammates though, and if there was ever a "girly drama problem" on the team, I always talked to the coach about it. I suppose he saw how I treated my teammates, and coupled that with my obvious desire to do well - and in doing so, help the team win.

Additionally, as I touched on earlier, I'm very intelligent. I'm not trying to boast, but my academic ability and natural analytic mind is what I am most proud of. I was the valedictorian of my recent graduating 8th grade class. While this is not much of an achievement compared to the typical high school valedictorian, it was an achievement I was very happy to make. I plan to do the best I can in high school; challenge myself to take the hardest available courses to pave the way for higher education.

Finally, I suppose what really makes me stand out is that I'm just generally pretty well-rounded. You might not expect a class valedictorian to be very sporty (which is ironic considering our salutatorian - a boy - is even better of an athlete than I am). You might not expect a pretty decent athlete to be ridiculously brilliant (so modest aren't I). I consider myself both a nerd and an athlete. I do have a deep passion for knowledge, but I also have a burning internal fire to win.

But what makes me stand out the most is obviously my sense of humor. I mean come on I'm just hysterical.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
constant geek talk

ME TOO. Except I don't have anyone to talk to about it. None of my friends are into LoZ, let alone know what it is... also with manga/anime. So, when I bring it up, they're all like "Yeah... uh alright." and of course, the subject gets changed. I have stretched my horizon of friends though because of that! I knew a few people from my high school who were really into manga and anime, and so I got to know some of them and finally got to discuss one of my interests with them! It was neat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom