• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes YOU Replay a Zelda Game?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I replay them for the fun of it, plus it fills me with glee to experience such a great game.

Zelda games have the essence of adventure and fantasy, not playing it seems like a waste of valuable time. I play it for fun, to remember the good old days. :D A game that was years old and is played gain gives one a happy and nostalgic feeling right? People seek this and they want it, cause it gives them a little confidence and makes them feel younger.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I re-play Zelda games because they are just way too much fun. The story, gameplay, and scenery are just so awesome I love replaying the games. I've beaten OoT upwards of 10+ times, because it's just that epic. One thing that has been nice is that I played a lot of Zelda games when I was a kid, beat them, and was too afraid to get stuck again to replay the game. Now that I'm older, I've forgotten the puzzles and it's like playing the game brand new all over again.

To sum it all up, the Zelda franchise is the best video game franchise of all time, making the replay value immensely high for every game.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have several reasons for wanting to replay a game:

- I want to go through with everyone calling me something specific like "boy" or "kid"
- I want to do something or get an item I missed the opportunity to do the first time
- Now that I know how the game goes, I want to progress through it in a specific way, perhaps like a movie
- It was fun

S

Slambofett

I replay a zelda game when enough time has passed that I don't quite remember everything, It makes the games feel fresh again because I have to re figure out some of the challenges, I am getting ready to replay WW, I haven't played that one in like 5 years

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I replay Zelda games because it's the best series ever :D They're really fun and all. But if you're asking specifically certain games, it would be if it has any replay value. Ex: Good and fun sidequests that I want to do over. Good fights I want to do again. Good story I want to hear and see again.
All those things basically, and more.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I replay Zelda games to complete them 100%. The first time through I usually don't do all the side quests or collect all the pieces of heart, and the rest of the goodies. I'll usually just play through the main quest, but after completing the game a first time, I will often replay Zelda games to 100% them.

Sometimes I'll create artificial challenges for myself, such as trying to beat the original Legend of Zelda with only 3 hearts, or in a certain time frame. Other times I will just replay old Zelda games for the fun of it since I hadn't played them in quite some time. However, the more I fully memorize something, the less fun it becomes. In those cases there needs to be longer periods during play throughs so that the game starts to become a form of nostalgia.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The initial feeling that the first play through is what ultimately lets me decide how often I'll replay a game. Usually, I'll replay it for the fun factor. Games like the first three (Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past) are all games that I can play and really enjoy the core elements of gameplay. These are games I can play three or four times a year and not be bored with them.

Other games like Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, or The Wind Waker are games that I will play if I feel that I need to refresh my memory of the story. These games are more focused on multiple elements instead of just gameplay, so I play them less often because I hardly have the time to focus on story anymore. I'll pay close attention in the first and second playthough, of course, but after that all I'm interested in is mindless gameplay. So, those are really great for me to replay maybe once a year.

And then there are games I'll replay just because I'm waiting at the bus stop or am on break at work and need to pass time. These games would be titles like the Oracle games or The Minish Cap. Great stories and fun gameplay, but I can set them aside after a half hour and not be worried that I'll forget what just happened in the story.

So, there are multiple reasons why I'll replay a Zelda game, and the game I play is based on those reasons. Like I said, though, the initial feeling I got from the first playthrough will determine how often I play the game. I can replay TAoL and ALttP and LA a billion times because they really, really impressed me the first time. TWW impressed me, but not on the same level, but I'll still play it more often than OoT. TP hardly did anything for me at all, so I'll rarely replay it. And then PH and ST were impressive enough, but the initial playthrough impressed me more with the story and characters than the gameplay, so those two are also games I wouldn't replay very often.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
if i were to replay a zelda game, it would be a big one like OoT, TP, WW, MM, or alttp. i dont like how SP and PH repeat themselves. i hate the temple of the ocean king and the tower of spirits. but most of the other stuff in the game is fun.

K

kingkrab3

I play any game back because they are fun,I can use cheat codes,and sometimes it dos different things in the story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom